Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year and At Goal

Barb, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was your beginning and now your current weight? Great Job!

Barb, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was your beginning and now your current weight? Great Job!

I was going to ask the same thing, LOL. Congrats!!! Way to go.You are an inspiration.

Barb, that is fabulous! Have you posted before and after pictures? I would love to see them, as I am sure many others would as well.

I'm glad you posted this barb. I have decided that with in one year of my band date I will also be at my goal weight. It's nice to know it can be done. Congradulations to you! And I'm with the others, what was ur start weight and your goal, and pictures!!!!

THAT is so awesome! Congratulations on reaching goal in only 52 weeks. Man, that is fast really.

Please amuse me and tell me how much weight you lost.

Paula

yeah barb we need stats! also, how do you put the breaks on this thing now that you are at goal? get some unfill? add a desert? this is the one thing i have not read about...maintance.

Hi all,

I do not know my weight prior to banding. I know that seems odd but I wasn't weighed the day of surgery. So, the closest I can get for a starting weight is 231.5. That was my weight at my follow-up appointment. I was very surprised at that I though I weighed more, and actually probably did, I suspect I lost about 20 lbs. the months prior to deciding to get banded. I was the definition of yo-yo; I was always going up and down and not just 5lbs. either. I honestly thought I was close to the 260 range but I don't have a scale (still don't) so I weigh very seldom.

I am 5'7" and my original goal was to get under 150. I then decided to set it at 145 and not let myself get above 150. I am 138 lbs. right now.

To answer kabeerah's question - I am not sure how to put the breaks on it. I posted about maintenance a couple of months ago when I knew I was getting very close to goal but I didn't get any responses. My fill Dr. is on vacation until September 5th, but I will be gone from September 4th -14th. I won't be able to see him until after the 14th. I don't know exactly how he is going to feel about me being under my goal weight, but I hope he is happy for me. I am ready to stop loosing; I haven't weighed since the 12th but I suspect I have lost a couple of more pounds.

I am not filled to tight. My average over the year is right on the mark of 1-2lbs. per week. However, that is not actually how I lost it. I lost fast initially after surgery and then it really slowed until after my second fill. I was filled to much on my second fill and had to have an unfill the same day; I couldn't even swallow my own saliva. I was fortunate and hit a very good spot with my second fill and went to goal with it.

In general I followed the band rules. I ate Protein first and then whatever until I was full. I drink at least 48oz. of Water each day. I do not drink any sodas and I really really watch my alcohol consumption. I have never been much of a snacker or sweet eater. But, sodas were a big problem for me.

As far as pictures go; there is a picture of me somewhere on here from about a year ago. I think it is somewhere in the lounge area but I can't find it. I tried one day to post a picture but it wouldn't upload from my cellphone. I may try again next chance I get, but again I will probably take them down pretty soon afterwards. My reason is that there are only three people in my life that know I am banded, my husband, my brother, and my best friend. Notice that my mother, other family and coworkers, etc. are not on that list. They DO NOT know, I have never lied about it, I have just never told them. So for those of you who wonder how I have managed to keep it a secret, it hasn't been to hard, they are used to me gaining and loosing weight. I was at my highest all time weight when I had surgery but they don't have a clue that I have the band. So, I will likely post pictures before long, but I worry about it because I don't want them to find out over the Internet. Even though I have never lied to them I haven't been upfront about it either.

I hope I don't get the award for the longest post in LBT history.

My fill Dr. and I discussed maintenance a few months ago. I am very worried about maintenance. While our discussions are very professional we have very different points of view. The first time he ever saw me he flat told me he would have never banded me. His reasons included the fact that I didn't go through a psych evaluation, I told him I already knew I was crazy but he didn't find it humorous. His other reason was that I had been to my goal weight twice before in the last 10 years. The problem was no different than many others, I gained it back and it was always more.

He and I agreed on the following for my maintenance. He will begin unfilling me about 1cc at a time (I currently have 7.5cc) until I stop loosing. If I start gaining (get above 150) we will put more in, until we find the spot where I can maintain. I hope he will still agree to this when I see him the middle of September. I don't think either one of us expected me to be below goal.

Best wishes to you all and I hope I answered all of your questions. Just always know you all have been the BEST.

I also use fitday.com. It helps me know for sure that I am doing what I think I am. I also like having the history to go back to. If I stop loosing I can go and see what is different.

Here is the link for my before picture. I will post the "new" me before long, at least for a little while. :-)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7729&page=17&highlight=Picture+Page

Friday marked one year for me and what a great year it has been. On Saturday I went to the walk in clinic where my PCP is and asked the nurse to weigh me........................

I am 7 pounds below my goal weight.

It does my heart good to read messages like this and to know that there is FINALLY something out there that really works for us - not just for a few people with superhuman willpower, but for a LOT of people.

Congratulations!

wow that's great!

I just had my 1 year mark and I still have 30lbs to go!!!

I really felt like I could do it in a year!!

Oh well...