Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bandsters from Katy, TX?

Just wondering if there is anyone from the Katy area that has been banded. I saw the Woodlands support group and wondered if there were enough from the Katy area to form a support group. If there is a support group near here, please let me know. Thanks!

hey mizjudie, I'm not in Katy but close.Hwy.529 and Barker C.We have several in our area.They did have a support group but I don't know if they still do.;)

Hi Miz Judie! I was raised in Katy & hopefully will be moving back within the next couple of years. I currently live in far north east Richmond - so I'm not too far away. I hope there is a support group in Katy - I would come!

Hi there,

I'm in Katy off I-10 and Fry. I would love to be a part of a support group. I am going for my first consultation on Thursday and waiting for insurance approval.

Lori

Guess you could say I am in the Katy area... I-10 and 6; kids go to CFISD, don't forget my Sophomore Aggie, and I work off 529/Eldridge. Let's just say I (try to) stay away from Willowbrook Mall area and Katy Mills would be the first place to shop, see a flick, or just stroll around. Katy support group on the north side of 10 would be fantastic!

read on, read on. There are alot of posts in LBT from folks who are shopping and have questions. I made my decision last April, couldn't get insurance to ok it, and it really freaked me out. Thought I just had to be a certain BMI to get approved. Long story short, cash patient and am extremely thrilled that I was able to have this surgery. All is going well-- and can't wait to PASS UP the *plateau* I usually hit-- around 20 lb loss. Once I hit 21 lbs gone-- the sky's the limit. Oh, and my first fill appt is in one week and one day (and 13 hours...), but who's counting?

Hey katy bandsters,

I have been banded. :clap2: Sept 19. I am doing good have not gotten sick at all. I think I need a fill. I know this is a tool but I would love to wake up and be 50 pounds liter. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

StaceyLCA

Just wondering if there is anyone from the Katy area that has been banded. I saw the Woodlands support group and wondered if there were enough from the Katy area to form a support group. If there is a support group near here, please let me know. Thanks!

Not in Katy but in New Territory, if something gets going I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Jo Ann

Congrats Stacey! :clap2: I was banded on March 1st. It's been a little slower than I had thought but I've lost a little over 50 pounds now. I have a long way to go...but I've lost more in the last six months than I had in the last 6 years, so I'm thrilled with my progress.

I know my progress has been hampered by not being able to exercise yet. I have plantar fasciitis and have a hard time walking...but it's getting better and hope to get the go ahead from my podiatrist this week to start walking/exercising. Then I know the pounds will come off a little faster.

Just got to keep remembering: it is a tool, it is a tool, it is a tool.

Hey Bandsters, If you guys want to start a group somewhere in our area

call me at 832-427-5105. I live in the 529 and Barker Cypress area. Day or evening will be fine.:)

Hi. I haven't been banded yet. Still trying to decide. I will be a self pay if I go this route. Does anyone have any experience with a Dr. Rincon in San Antonio? If I go with a doctor outside of Houston, does anyone know of a doctor here in Houston who will do my fills. Thanks. I've been reading here for a couple of months and find this website very informative. Redi