Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chattanooga

HI!

I live in Cleveland, TN, but my surgeon, Dr. Paynter, is in Chattanooga. Anyone else out there from this area?? I saw several posts, but they weren't very recent. I'm having surgery in less than 2 weeks. I'm really worried about hair loss.........any suggestions???

Lisa:rolleyes:

Hi Lisa!

I live in Chattanooga and was banded on 6/8/06 by Dr. Ponce. I haven't had any hair loss but I'm still new to being banded. I've been told as long as you get your 50-60 grams of Protein a day you shouldn't have a problem with Hair loss. Good luck with your surgery!!!!

WOW Sandy!! 142 lbs lost :clap2: What an inspiration you are for those of us just beginning. One of these days I hope to see that big of a loss in my signature line. Don't you just love Dr. Ponce? I started out with Dr. Rose and switched to Dr. Ponce and I'm so glad I did. Congrats again!!:clap2: :clap2:

Hey Guys! I haven't made it to the Tennessee thread lately, I gotta check it more often! I live in Soddy Daisy, TN and was banded in late May by Dr. Rose in Chattanooga. Just had my first fill last Tuesday and am doing great! I have noticed some hair "shedding" the last couple of weeks. I get in my recommended Protein. They say that the stress from surgery itself can cause hair to shed, along with substanital weight loss.. I've got a lot of hair, so I'm not too worried about it. Happy to talk with you guys and compare notes any time! Congrats on your weight loss everyone!

:puke: Hello All,

I live in Chattanooga TN and my surgery is on Friday September 29, 2006 with Dr Walter Rose. I am on day two of the liquid phase it is going good. I am drinking the glucerna. Does anyone know where you can find the banana or butter pecan that I have read about.

Also any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited and know I have the power in me to make it through and I am keeping the long term goal in mind.

I wanted to say hi and my real name is Larry.

Hope to get to meet you all. Kim is you see this hope you are doing well.

Larry,

Best of luck with your surgery on the 29th. I know everything will go well!! You've probably found it by now but I found the butter pecan glucerna at Walmart....never saw the banana. Sounds good!! Keep us posted on how your surgery goes.

Hello All, My surgery went well. I am now 5 days post op and starting to move around better and the surgery went for 1 hour and 15 mins surgeon said surgery went great. I have had alot of pain but getting better. I am glad I had the surgery and a Lap Bandster.

How are you doing? I am doing okay but an emotional wreck today I feeling better physically I even getting hungry now. Even though Mike has been good to me He hurt my feelings today and I know he did not mean too we took back a friend for our roommates to Atlanta so it was a long trip. I finally last night was able to shower by myself and can do those things for the most part myself but they stopped at McDonalds. Since there was 3 of us we had to take our Taurus instead of my pickup truck and it is still real hard for me to get out of the truck much less the car. When we stopped he did not make sure I could get out of the car before I knew he it he was inside the restaurant I still was not out of the car yet and that hurt me. Don't get me wrong I know he has to eat and I am fine with that it just that he did not stop to make sure I got out first. I know that sounds petty maybe but it really hurt I know he is supportive of this so don't get the wrong idea I don't think he thought about it really. This was about a 4 hour trip and he made sure I was okay well riding but never asked if I needed anything now granite I can't get anything at McDonalds which is alright with me I know I am very limited what I can have. He never asked what could they get for me they may sure they ate so and I had to ride in a car that smelled like McDonalds Breakfast for over 45 minutes the person we drove back to Atlanta just ate and ate and I am not being judgmental about that at all it is a mental thing for me it smelled so good I did not know what to do but feel down and crabby. Its not their fault I made the decision and I am so glad I did as we traded food for something far more important which was our health and life. We are learning to use food to fuel our bodies and not live for food. Have you went through anything like this. Today is the first day I have been hungry and I get satisfied for a little bit and than seem hungry again.

Do you have any suggestions to help me I need them today? I know Mike cares very much I am also so scared of getting sick again that I aint sure how much I can eat or what would be considered a safe bandster portion side so I stay on the cautious side?

do you have any idea on portion sizes I think there is education class that I need to attend but not until after I see the surgeon next Tuesday.

Such as what is a safe portion say for the following

OR is there a book I can buy please help me?

Sherbet how much is safe?

chicken broth?

pudding?

Jell-O?

Some of these things I am not eating yet but can try starting Friday such as

Mashed potatoes (Thin)

Grits (Thin)

pureed Cottage cheese

Applesauce

Pureed Soft Fruit

than just a few more

These I can't have for another 3 to 4 weeks

Finely Chopped chicken, Turkey, Fish, pork lean ground beef

Chopped Cooked vegetables (What kind)

Hot Cereal

Soup how much

Hard cheese what is a considered a hard cheese?

Soft Scrambled eggs

Low Fat yogurt?

Any thing else you feel that would help me to know food. I am so happy I am feeling better diarrhea has started to set in but I am okay with that lol at least it waited till we got home lol

I am down to 317 lbs so that is great as the nbr keeps reducing. I know this is stuff i have to deal with and mike has too but thought I would talk to someone who is going through the same thing. What does your Wife do about eating? I don't expect the world to stop eating but I still want to be included in things and thought about hey what does he need or what can we do to include him its not that hard in my opinion and I would do that for him or anyone I know that is trying to improve their health.

Now that I have rambled I hope you are having a good day. Tomorrow will be better and I am glad that I had this emotional wreck well I was still off of work so to speak. So I can get a hold of my emotional and deal with it more productive than just getting crabby at the world lol

Talk to ya soon. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Larry

:notagree Hey everyone I'm from Rhea County TN and I'm going to be banded by Dr. Fromm who is partners with Dr. Ponce and Dr. Paynter. Has anyone hear of hime of had the band put in by him?

Welcome Huberslave!!

I had my surgery with Dr. Ponce so I've heard of Dr. Fromm since they're in the same office. Don't have any personal experiance with Dr. Fromm but everyone else in the office is great. Every time I'm at the office there is someone else waiting who has come from out of town or even out of state...some places out of state like the Atlanta area where you know there are surgeons who perform lapband surgery. To me that speaks volumes if someone is willing to drive two or three hours when they have surgeons in the home city. :) When is your surgery??