Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 1, Dr. Alvarez, Anyone?

My sister is getting her sleeve on June 1st, 2012 with Dr. Alvarez in Mexico. I was wondering if there is anyone else who is having theirs that day or weekend. I live in San Antonio so she is coming here from Mississippi and we are traveling together to Eagle Pass, Tx. I want to find some buddies that will be there at the same time! Please let me know if you had Dr. Alvarez as your surgeon, your experience, but especially if you are going to be sleeved on June 1! Would love to have a buddy to visit with while we are there and share experiences with.

I am being sleeved on 5-17 by Dr. Alvarez... I have to start my Pre op Diet tommorow due to a higher BMI.. ( 4 weeks ) I have researched everything and feel very good about choice of going with Dr. Alvarez.. Susan ( his assistant ) has been more than wonderful in getting me ready to go... I just was telling my best friend today ( and I mean this ) if had the insurance or the money to have the surgery done here in the U.S. I would still use Dr. Alvarez from the reseach I done.. Good luck to your sister in her journey...

I am scheduled with Dr. Alvarez on May 7th. I would be curious to know if anyon shares my surger date as well. Good luck finding a buddy!

so close! You will be leaving as we are arriving. We will just miss each other. bummer. Good luck on your surgery!

Dr. Alvarez is a wonderful doctor. I was sleeved April 28th and I am doing great. He emails to see how you are doing with your change of phase diet instructions. My sister is getting sleeved June 25th by Dr. A.

We are both excited about it and trying to find others who might be there too. So happy for you and your sister. I am already sleeved to, as you can tell by my ticker and I post a lot. It should be a great experience for her and me too!

?????

Sorry about the late response, I was slammed at work forensikchic. He is coming to Houston on Saturday for a seminar and patient reunion and I will be attending. If you live near by u can come and it's free. Feel free to contact me for more info.

I am being sleeved on 5-17 by Dr. Alvarez... I have to start my Pre op Diet tommorow due to a higher BMI.. ( 4 weeks ) I have researched everything and feel very good about choice of going with Dr. Alvarez.. Susan ( his assistant ) has been more than wonderful in getting me ready to go... I just was telling my best friend today ( and I mean this ) if had the insurance or the money to have the surgery done here in the U.S. I would still use Dr. Alvarez from the reseach I done.. Good luck to your sister in her journey...

I too would use Dr Alvarez even if My insurance would pay. Susan is wonderful, Jessica & Jesus were wonderful on taking care of us. They speak English and are on call to the patients 24/7. Anything we need they tell the nurses. I woke up with my back hurting, I have back issues. And Dr. Alvarez kept me pain free and came in to check on me at least 2-3 times a day and his fellow Dr. Checked on me in the evening. He is the best and trust him 100%! How is your pre-op diet coming?

I just noticed your posting date. Poppa. How are you doing?

Getting my sleeve with Dr. Alvarez on Aug.2, 2012. So looking forward to it!!

I was sleeved by Dr. A Dec 21, 2011...WONDERFUL experience. He is extremely detailed, friendly and once you talk to him in person, you'll feel like you've known him all your life! I've lost a total of 60 lbs. I could have lost more but I eat anything and don't exercise. (bad, I know. ;(). I just want to take my weight loss slow so my body has time to get elasticity back. Keep us posted!