Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dont Feel The "full" Feeling?

Hey friends!!! I am 7 days out from my surgery & of course still on the liquid/full liquid part. I still haven't felt the "full" feeling that everyone is talking about... Just wondering if that is normal at this point? I don't feel hungry, but say for instance if I eat some Soup after I'm done I don't feel like full. Anyone else feel like this?

Your sleeve is numb right now, so you probably won't feel full for awhile. My full signal right after surgery was pain in my shoulder and it took me several days to realize that was my signal. While on liquids only, don't really expect to feel full because liquids go through your sleeve faster than solids will. Trust me, you will feel full once you start on solids...and probably much faster than you expect! I could barely eat half a scrambled egg early post op. Even now, at 7 months plus, I can barely manage an egg and two sausage patties...and that's if I'm pushing it.

It will happen. :) Trust your sleeve to keep you in line! :)

Your sleeve is numb right now' date=' so you probably won't feel full for awhile. My full signal right after surgery was pain in my shoulder and it took me several days to realize that was my signal. While on liquids only, don't really expect to feel full because liquids go through your sleeve faster than solids will. Trust me, you will feel full once you start on solids...and probably much faster than you expect! I could barely eat half a scrambled egg early post op. Even now, at 7 months plus, I can barely manage an egg and two sausage patties...and that's if I'm pushing it.

It will happen. :) Trust your sleeve to keep you in line! :)[/quote']

Thank you so much for all of your help & encouraging words!! I am continuously reading your threads & quotes! :D

Jen, I don't think I ever feel "full" like I did pre-sleeve. It's a different kind of full, it's where the trap door shuts in your esophagus and you feel like you are going to throw up because you ate 1 bite too many or will throw up if you eat another bite. But I don't think you really get that feeling until you transition to solids. I remember trying a Matzo ball a few weeks out, probably earlier than I should have... it's pretty mushy but expandable.. Couldn't get to a 3rd small bite, was going to make me sick. You will KNOW! lol...

Hang tight, the next 4 months are trial and error... you will know when error occurs! Good luck to you and congratulations on your new tummy!

I am having a similar issue. According to my food plan I can have greek yogurt and pudding, but i tried to eat some hummus (same consistency) and I could only tolerate about a tablespoonful... if that!!! I can finish off the yogurt and pudding with no problem but the hummus fills me up QUICKLY!!!

Just wait until mushies when you're totally frustrated that you can't eat more than three bites of scrambled egg! It's completely normal and will pass.

And it's good that you're already cognizant of the fact that not feeling full is not the same thing as feeling hungry - it's going to help you in the long run as you aim to stay on track once you have an appetite again.

Congrats on your new sleeve!

~Cheri