Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Or Been Sleeved In Kansas

My surgery is on July 11 with Dr Hoehn.

My surgery was awesome! No pain meds once i left the hospital. Everything so far stays down. Just getting in the protien,....

Just as an FYI - I had three friends get sleeved by Dr Malley office. They loved him and Dr Fearing just not Menorah Hospital :(

Thanks... I kinda know that going in to it. My husband works at menorah and he hates that I have to have it done there. I'll be extra careful and I'm sure he'll be there to take notes and get on people. Lol... I'm trusting that the Lords got my back!

I'm in Topeka! My surgery is in 19 days with Dr. Hu at the Tallgrass bariatric surgical center here in town! I can't wait!

My surgery was awesome! No pain meds once i left the hospital. Everything so far stays down. Just getting in the protien' date='....[/quote']

Mine has gone GREAT! No complications no vomiting, none of that

Thanks... I kinda know that going in to it. My husband works at menorah and he hates that I have to have it done there. I'll be extra careful and I'm sure he'll be there to take notes and get on people. Lol... I'm trusting that the Lords got my back!

No doubt!!

Yes they r good .I went to Olathe ks. And they were good but I got mess over ont the cost I had to pay out of the pocket foe a lot of things like the pre op drink I had to be one foe 2 weeks before Surgery. the beriatric surgery education class I had to take did u have to do any of that ? I only did it becuse I work at the hospital but I wish I would check out more places ...and I wish I wouldn't have told none of my co-workers

How is everyone doing since their surgery? I hope all is well! I talked with my sister over the weekend and she had the Gastric Bypass 2 years ago. She has met her goal and maintains her weight. I told her my husband, kids and I along with his family will be going on a cruise in December. We discussed how much weight I could lose by then. Little nervous about buying clothes, but want to enjoy the beach. Any suggestions regarding how much weight I may lose. My surgery is August 28th and we fly out on December 19th.

About 6 - 7 of us are meeting at 7411 Quivera Rd (Starbucks) tomorrow at 5:30. COme join if you would like.

Where is that? KC?

Shawnee Mission

google 7411 quivera - sorry I am in Lawrence too so I only know limited of it. We were going to meet at starbucks but since there is nothing anyone could even consume there we will change and be meeting at Panara bread across the street

Shawnee Mission

google 7411 quivera - sorry I am in Lawrence too so I only know limited of it. We were going to meet at starbucks but since there is nothing anyone could even consume there we will change and be meeting at Panara bread across the street

11319 W 95th St. (Quivira Rd.)

With S-bucks new skinny line and their off-menu secret stuff, there is plenty to have, Panera is just walking the gauntlet of fat and sugar loaded pastries, and their quality of food and Protein is low, imo.

I know several of Malley's band patients and they are all very fond of him, but I didn't know he did the sleeve. Do you know if he has only started doing them recently? I'm pretty sure that about a year ago, the VSG wasn't included in what he offered - but I could be completely wrong (I know a few of his patients who needed revisions and said that the only revision they could have done with him was another band, or RNY).

Other than (maybe) inexperience, my only reservation about Dr. Malley would be that he doesn't appear to be a FACS (something I looked for when "shopping" for a surgeon).

Just as an FYI - I had three friends get sleeved by Dr Malley office. They loved him and Dr Fearing just not Menorah Hospital :(

I know several of Malley's band patients and they are all very fond of him' date=' but I didn't know he did the sleeve. Do you know if he has only started doing them recently? I'm pretty sure that about a year ago, the VSG wasn't included in what he offered - but I could be completely wrong (I know a few of his patients who needed revisions and said that the only revision they could have done with him was another band, or RNY).

Other than (maybe) inexperience, my only reservation about Dr. Malley would be that he doesn't appear to be a FACS (something I looked for when "shopping" for a surgeon).

[/quote']

Thanks for the info... He's been doing them for about a year I think. He has another doc (fearing) that does them too. I think they may actually do them together. I had looked at him about a year or so ago when they first started doing them but at that time my ins didn't cover the sleeve, but does now. Unfortunately, I don't have many options as he is the only bariatric surgeon my ins uses and there's no way I could self pay. I've talked to a few ladies on another sleeve forum that have used him and they've done really well.