Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steve The Sleeve Is Very Unhappy...

I'm not really sure what's been going on, but I haven't really been able to eat for like the last week. Don't get me wrong, I try, but Steve rejects everything! I haven't been reduced to vomiting, thank God, but whenever I try to eat he expresses his displeasure by the 2nd bite and then of course I don't attempt to eat again for at least 4 or 5 hours when he feels normal again.

I figured at almost 3mos post op that these things would be relatively non-existent at this point. Anyone else experience anything similar this far out? I'm pretty sure all the inflammation is gone so I'm really unsure what it could be.

Do you have any fever? Our sleeves are not totally healed until the 6 month mark so keep an eye on it. It might be a great ideal to call your surgeon's office just to check it out. It could be nothing, but could be something. Doesn't hurt to be on the safe side. A phone call could alleviate the question. ;)

Have you tried a variety of foods? Are there any common ingredients in the foods you are eating? Could be a lactose intolerance thing. Perhaps a gluten thing ... wheat allergy ... something.

You may need to dial back to mushies/pureed foods for a bit ...

Tell us what you are trying to eat typically.

It's funny I saw this post because I was going to inquire about the same thing. I am 10 months out and I've been going through periods where I just can't eat anything. One or two bites will fill me up and past that starts trouble. It's difficult eating out or being invited to dine at friend's or family because I just can't eat. I have varied my foods, taken my PPI again etc. During TMI I seem to be more hungry and be able to eat more in general. But I still eat between 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup at most overall. I am making an appointment with my surgeon to check things out. Like PDXMAN above posted, perhaps it's some kind of food allergy or intolearnce. I will post whatever I find out!

Agreed with PDX... I'm dealing with something quite similar right now and I'm nearly 19 Months out. Things like this usually are resolved by sticking to very soft foods, and if that still doesn't work, I'll do all liquids for a few days. It usually gets better after that.

Your stomach might be rebelling to something you're eating, and being earlier out it can be all sorts of foods. Again, the usual suspects are anything high in lactose, high in fat or even high in Sugar in some sleevers. Yes, some of us are very sensitive to high doses of sugar.

Have you tried a variety of foods? Are there any common ingredients in the foods you are eating? Could be a lactose intolerance thing. Perhaps a gluten thing ... wheat allergy ... something.

You may need to dial back to mushies/pureed foods for a bit ...

Tell us what you are trying to eat typically.

There doesn't seem to be a method to the madness... In no particular order here's what I've tried to eat with no success since about Friday or so... A scrambled egg with cheese, chicken breast with BBQ Sauce on top, a turkey hot dog, a sausage egg and cheese tortilla (just the guts, not the tortilla), black Beans, deli sliced turkey, a turkey sausage patty with cheese... I'm sure there were other things but that's really all I can remember right now.

I've got some deli turkey rolls (slice of meat, slice of cheese, rolled) in the fridge for lunch but I doubt I'll even be able to choke half of one down before Steve tells me no... I'm working on getting my fluids in for now.

There doesn't seem to be a method to the madness... In no particular order here's what I've tried to eat with no success since about Friday or so... A scrambled egg with cheese, chicken breast with BBQ Sauce on top, a turkey hot dog, a sausage egg and cheese tortilla (just the guts, not the tortilla), black Beans, deli sliced turkey, a turkey sausage patty with cheese... I'm sure there were other things but that's really all I can remember right now.

I've got some deli turkey rolls (slice of meat, slice of cheese, rolled) in the fridge for lunch but I doubt I'll even be able to choke half of one down before Steve tells me no... I'm working on getting my fluids in for now.

Its probably the sausage and or hot dogs. They are very high in fat, and some young sleeves are very intolerant with that. Try liquids for a day and shy away from the fat. See if that helps?

I loved eggs pre-surgery and they still make my tummy get funny. cheese I can handle fine. But looking at the other stuff, one thing pops out. Nitrates. These cause my wife issues, but she is not a sleever and as a whole, they are not good for you. I have heard of folks developing all kinds of different issues post-sugery.

Perhaps try a few days of non-processed foods. No BBQ Sauce, deli meats, sausages or hot dogs. You will not notice a difference after one meal. It will take a few before you will notice.

Its probably the sausage and or hot dogs. They are very high in fat, and some young sleeves are very intolerant with that. Try liquids for a day and shy away from the fat. See if that helps?

Thanks mama! I dunno if they're the cause as the turkey dog was mid day after Steve refused my scrambled egg for Breakfast, and the turkey sausage was around dinner time a different day after Steve had refused food that day as well... I'm gonna go back to basics for the rest of the week and see if a) that kicks me out of the 225 range I've been stuck at for a week, and B) Whatever's upsetting Steve resolves itself.

I loved eggs pre-surgery and they still make my tummy get funny. cheese I can handle fine. But looking at the other stuff, one thing pops out. Nitrates. These cause my wife issues, but she is not a sleever and as a whole, they are not good for you. I have heard of folks developing all kinds of different issues post-sugery.

Perhaps try a few days of non-processed foods. No BBQ Sauce, deli meats, sausages or hot dogs. You will not notice a difference after one meal. It will take a few before you will notice.

I didn't think about that - thank you! This is why I <3 this board ;-)

I'm not really sure what's been going on, but I haven't really been able to eat for like the last week. Don't get me wrong, I try, but Steve rejects everything! I haven't been reduced to vomiting, thank God, but whenever I try to eat he expresses his displeasure by the 2nd bite and then of course I don't attempt to eat again for at least 4 or 5 hours when he feels normal again.

I figured at almost 3mos post op that these things would be relatively non-existent at this point. Anyone else experience anything similar this far out? I'm pretty sure all the inflammation is gone so I'm really unsure what it could be.

i am having the same problems. if i eat something wrong or a little too much i throw it up. i am having trouble with

drinking Water and Protein drinks. i have lost 87 pounds so far and have gone from a 48 waist to a 38. so i am

trying to hang my hat on the good and deal with bad quitely....its hard to go to dinners with the family and sit there

while everyone else is eating. i am scared to eat in public in case it makes me sick. so there are good and bad

and i can't wait for the good to out weight the bad...my surgery day was 9-23 so i am two months out...everyone

is telling me it is going to get better :)