Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Heat and Nausea

Hi Everyone,

I've been experiencing a problem and I just wanted to check what everyone else thinks. It's been quiet hot here in Portugal and I find that if I stay out in the heat for any length of time I get nauseous. It doesn't matter if I've just eaten or not, but if I get hot it seems like after 10/15 min I get sick to my stomach and I feel like throwing up. (I haven't thrown up but I feel like it)

What do you guys think? Any one else had this problem?

OH lord I have,

I got up early this morning and mowed and then went to town for supplies and when I got back it was 12:30. So then, I started weedeating, pulling weeds, cutting down a dead tree and our heat index at that time was 110. I got so sick and nauseated, I had to jump in the pool with all of my clothes on and shoes. Then, I checked to see if anyone could possible see me so I took off my clothes and ran in the back door.

It's been happening alot since my surgery and when I got my fill Tuesday I ask Dr. Curry about it and he said it is completely normal and your body is still getting use to having had surgery and that in a few more weeks it would be back to normal.

Hey K@t,

I feel like that when I am dehydrated! Are you getting in enough water/fluids?

I can't wait for the nice fall weather!

hum... i didnt think about that, maybe i do need to drink more, ive been trying to drink more Water.< /strong>

Sounds normal too me....I am NOT tolerant of a lot of heat....get white around the mouth and hurl if it's good enough!!!! :) Hydration is VERY important.....ice packs sometimes help cool you off faster. As I lose weight I seem to not get AS hot.....I'm thinking it's less padding that's helping?!!?

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :P

OMG...I've been experiencing similar issues. I haven't progressed into actually feeling like throwing up but with this last heat wave I definately have been "aware" of my band. My stomach feels a little upset and I notice that my restriction is all over the place. One hour I feel really tight and the next I'm starving. I was wondering the same thing...if the temperature could really affect our bands like this?!

I have not experienced that feeling, Thank god I was always one who hated the summer but now with 61 pounds gone i feel great and i am totalling loving the heat everyone says I am crazy but last week we had 100 degree weather and I walked 3 miles I was soaked but i felt great.............not looking forward to the upcoming seasons.

I do think it has somethingt to do with you Water intake I drink about a gallon a gay give or take a few glasses so i am well hydrated. Plus my skin is so much clearer :(

I've been having the same problem in the last two weeks since it go so hot here in North Carolina. My friend had gastric bypass last year and she is experiencing the same thing!

I have been banded now for 16 months, and last summer was fine. This summer I am in my sweet spot (8.75cc) and since the heat wave hit Philadelphia I have not felt hungry or felt like eating. I am glad other people have experienced this. I felt like I was crazy.

This summer is the hottest we have had in a while. Hee in TX we are at 37 days over 100. Its been 105-107 everyday. CRAZY. I went and got a small fan to put on my table. It helps a lot. Good luck with your journey. Hopefully it will cool down soon.

I had a fill 10 days ago and my doctor said it isn't uncommon for band patients to experience swelling during extremely hot weather, even after years have gone by. Best to stick to liquids if you are spending a lot of time outside.

I had the same thing happen to me on our honeymoon. I was so sick and nauseous I was starting to think I was pregnant...until I realized I wasn't drinking nearly enough Water. When it's scorching hot outside, the normal 64oz of water isn't enough. I bump it up to 80-100oz of water a day when it's ridiculously hot, especially if I'm outside all day. I've gotten nauseous a few times since the honeymoon (because it's been so darn blazing hot) and every single time I have a "doh!" moment and remember I'm not getting enough water! So the moral of the story is...DRINK! :)