Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How I Get In 80Grams Of Protein And 64Oz Of Water Every Day

I replied to another post with this but thought others might find this useful also.

I'm almost 4 months post op.

I hate drinking Water but i force myself to drink 1, 16.9oz bottle every day. Then i drink the rest in Protein Shake, decaff tea or crystal light.

Protein is so important so you dont lose muscle.

I drink for Breakfast every morning

1 scoop of chocolate Supreme 100% casein,

1 scoop of lIsopure

mixed with 10oz of cold water using a Blender Bottle.

That right there is 50grams of protein.

On days that i exercise i also eat a Quest Protein Bar which is 20grams of protein, thats 70 out of the 80 my Dr recommends.

So 10oz of water in my breakfast shake @ 8am

16.9oz of plain water before 11:30am when i eat lunch

16.9oz of decaff tea at 2:30-3pm finished by 4:30pm.

Protein Bar snack on the way home from work at 5pm.

Exercise about 6pm for 30mins drinking about 8oz of water mixed with dinner about 7pm

Finish drinking last 12oz of water/decaff tea/crystal light between 8pm & 10:30pm

Now on days that I dont exercise I make up for the lack of the protein bar by eating more meats for lunch and dinner.

Hope this helps give you an idea of how to keep up with your protein and water.

Oh yea and at least 8 hours of sleep. I think i've finally had a light bulb go off and figured out when i get less than that my weight loss slows and stalls.

Nicely done. Having a schedule has always been my best buddy in all of this. Without a plan there is no attack!

And, thank you for bringing up the sleep - I don't think most of us get enough. I do my best to, but sometimes it doesn't always happen that way. It absolutely can adversely affect moods, weight loss and mental function!

Thanks. Yea I realized my slower loss during the last 2 months has had 1 thing in common. I was only getting 5-7hours of sleep every night.

The last few days this month i've been getting at least 8 and the weight has started coming off again.

I'm going to put every effort into getting at least 8 this whole month and see what kind of results i get. (keeping my fingers crossed!)

CONGRATS! I love the schedule. I eat every 3 hours and try not to have a snack. Keep it up! ;)

Very nice! I think I will try your schedule. I have no problem with the Protein but the Water I do. Thanks so much for sharing!

Nice work! I eat on a schedule as well... I have to or I'd never eat, since I no longer get hungry. I have a question though... my nut said the body cannot process more than 30g of Protein at one time, and the extra is just disposed of by the body. She told me to spread the protein around so that you get a protein throughout the say, so I eat 5 small meals per day, and usually end up with 80-90g of protein on the day. Is my nut wrong about the protein?

Hm, I dont know if i buy that, I dont see any studies that would suggest that. However I would say its better to have more than enough than too little.

Also Casein is a slow digesting Protein where Isopure is more like a quick shot. So even though i'm getting 50g in one setting 25g of it is slow digesting and keeps me full for 2 to 3 hours.

Basically I get 50g for breakfast, probably 10g for lunch, 20g Protein bar snack and 20g for dinner. So really i get 100g spread throughout the day.

Even if my body only absorbs 30-40 or my morning 50g i'm still getting 80g per day.

Though i can say without a doubt, you shouldnt drink a 50g Protein shake for breakfast, have a 20g protein bar for lunch, eat junk food for dinner and think "hey i got in my 70g of protein!" That much i know is true lol ;)

This is great! I love schedules!!! I'm only 1 week post-op- so ill be saving this!