Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Saw My Post-Op Diet

Bethany1987.................I read the posts also and I do not think that anyone including myself was being mean. I for one was being realistic. On one of my many weight loss journeys I actually went on a liquid diet for 8 months. I had 5 chocolate shakes a day and had to take nasty tasting potassium supplement that made the liquid that you take for the lead test a treat. I did this for 8 months of no food and just skim milk, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. And I know that I am not the most committed person on the world but I did it because it was my health that was at stake. I lost over 85 pounds on this diet but as soon as I went back to eating more normal food the weight was back within 2 years and I was even heavier.

Sometimes the truth hurts to hear. People post on her to get feedback and if at times feelings get hurt well you just need to pick yourself up and go on. I have also had things said to me and about me that hurt but I am still here and not going anywhere.

What really gets me are all of those who start off and in the first mont.............first month are cheating and eating things that they should not. If I was a little harsh in my previous post I am sorry you felt offended. That is not my goal but I just want people to realize that this is a LIFE CHANGE and not a quick fix. This take work and if you do not have what it takes to put in the work then I say "Do not waste your time and money"

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't mean to sound like I could do this on my own, I was just voicing my thoughts and probably should have filtered them beforehand. I know I need this. If not for me, then to be a more active parent for my children. In fact, that's almost more of a reason for me, because I have no more will power to do this on my own. I've dieted in the past and lost 30, 40 and 60 pounds and gained it all back each time. I'm at a point where I just don't have the willpower to do it anymore, so this is what I need. Hopefully the lack of grelin (sp?) will really work and it'll be easier to do this diet post-op.

I thought the same thing initially but I quickly got put back into reality because I cannot diet worth a ****. I always fall back into the old habits and eat something bad. I do understand what your saying. It will all be fine. I have my surgery in Mexico on May 7th and life will change for the better. It may be tough but it will be worth it. :)

Post op you just aren't hungry so that is what helps keep you from cheating.

Fear is what keeps me on board...I've yet to hurl...but if you cheat or eat to quickly or the put the wrong things past your lips....whatch out, you could get to taste it twice... I have lost 47 lbs and am about 6 wks out!

Had the same thoughts, my friend. Then you remember that once off liquids you'll gain it back if not for the sleeve. My surgery was on March 28th. I'm not looking for perfection in the end. My motives tend to be similar to yours. Just gonna ride this ride as far down the scale as it will go and not get obsessed about a mental image I'd love to look like. I'll feel healthy, I'll be healthy for me and my kids.

Nice to meet you. :-)

Bethany1987.................I read the posts also and I do not think that anyone including myself was being mean. I for one was being realistic. On one of my many weight loss journeys I actually went on a liquid diet for 8 months. I had 5 chocolate shakes a day and had to take nasty tasting potassium supplement that made the liquid that you take for the lead test a treat. I did this for 8 months of no food and just skim milk' date=' chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. And I know that I am not the most committed person on the world but I did it because it was my health that was at stake. I lost over 85 pounds on this diet but as soon as I went back to eating more normal food the weight was back within 2 years and I was even heavier.

Sometimes the truth hurts to hear. People post on her to get feedback and if at times feelings get hurt well you just need to pick yourself up and go on. I have also had things said to me and about me that hurt but I am still here and not going anywhere.

What really gets me are all of those who start off and in the first mont.............first month are cheating and eating things that they should not. If I was a little harsh in my previous post I am sorry you felt offended. That is not my goal but I just want people to realize that this is a LIFE CHANGE and not a quick fix. This take work and if you do not have what it takes to put in the work then I say "Do not waste your time and money"[/quote']

I see now the point you were trying to make. I still feel the way you made it was a bit harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Btw, ghrelin....makes me giggle and sounds like I've had a gremlin removed. Maybe the gremlin was my problem the whole time. lol :-D

Bethany...I do believe it is truely a lifestyle change, not a quick fix...and if he is having second thoughts prior to surgery...this is huge, it might be he's not ready just quite yet...but in another post he certainly sounds like he is willing to give it a go to be a healthier man for his family...children deserve to have their parents around a long time, and so do grand children deserve to have their Nanna's and Pappa's around....

WLS= Life style change and it is important that everyone in the family is on board to support you...

Good Luck esheldon76 with your surgery and your new Journey,

Welcome to the Loser's Bench

Bethany...I do believe it is truely a lifestyle change' date=' not a quick fix...and if he is having second thoughts prior to surgery...this is huge, it might be he's not ready just quite yet...but in another post he certainly sounds like he is willing to give it a go to be a healthier man for his family...children deserve to have their parents around a long time, and so do grand children deserve to have their Nanna's and Pappa's around....

WLS= Life style change and it is important that everyone in the family is on board to support you...

Good Luck esheldon76 with your surgery and your new Journey,

Welcome to the Loser's Bench

Omg I only posted hoping maybe people would think about the way they could be perceived when replying to someone who came to this forum for support.

And obviously I am aware it is a life style change. My guess is the OP is aware of that also. If you were to read his post he said the comment as a joke and that's that. Not exactly sure why making a joke would cause people to tell him to rethink HIS journey.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Btw, ghrelin....makes me giggle and sounds like I've had a gremlin removed. Maybe the gremlin was my problem the whole time. lol :-D

Ha Ha. We do have a gremlin inside that is always hungry and your not supposed to feed it after midnight because it turns into a hungry monster lol. I cannot wait to have my gremlin surgically removed lol.

I think that's the sound we make when we hurl. GHRELIN!

Hey all, don't worry about me...I'm totally on board with it, because I NEED this more than I need my love for favorite foods. I "was" joking in my original post, and was hoping that everyone saw it that way, but I'm sorry I didn't make it more obvious. Yes, some of the comments seemed quite a bit harsh if I wasn't as thick-skinned as I am, but that's just the internet. I'm a big dude, I doubt anyone would say much if they saw me in person. HA! (<--JOKE). Seriously though, it's nice to meet ALL of you, and am looking for to only hopefully sharing good news about my journey. My pre-op meals aren't liquids like it seems that a lot of you are or had to deal with. I just have to do straight liquids the last two days, and then for the next month afterwards, but I know I won't want to each much at least for a little while. Thanks for talking it up with me. I'm not scared except for the whole losing most of your stomach thing, and hating that I couldn't do it by myself, but as a friend told me "Sometimes you need to let people help you." Enough said.

Esheldon76 you're da shizzzz lol, and a breath of fresh air. :-)

I think that's the sound we make when we hurl. GHRELIN!

Hey all, don't worry about me...I'm totally on board with it, because I NEED this more than I need my love for favorite foods. I "was" joking in my original post, and was hoping that everyone saw it that way, but I'm sorry I didn't make it more obvious. Yes, some of the comments seemed quite a bit harsh if I wasn't as thick-skinned as I am, but that's just the internet. I'm a big dude, I doubt anyone would say much if they saw me in person. HA! (<--JOKE). Seriously though, it's nice to meet ALL of you, and am looking for to only hopefully sharing good news about my journey. My pre-op meals aren't liquids like it seems that a lot of you are or had to deal with. I just have to do straight liquids the last two days, and then for the next month afterwards, but I know I won't want to each much at least for a little while. Thanks for talking it up with me. I'm not scared except for the whole losing most of your stomach thing, and hating that I couldn't do it by myself, but as a friend told me "Sometimes you need to let people help you." Enough said.

Awesome attitude,,you're going to do great!

Tomorrow's my big day! Ready to be done and starting my new life!

Tomorrow's my big day! Ready to be done and starting my new life!

Thinking of you, sweetie! So excited for you! Hugs!!!!!!! Please keep in touch with how you are!