Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I feel like this is too good to be true. I've never been hospitalized or had surgery. I can't really say anything bad about Florence Hospital, I'm just glad to be outta there! I felt like a prisoner with no fresh air. I'm at the hotel Lucerna now. It's lovely. I have not experienced any pain, I feel like doing cartwheels right now. I only had nausea the night of my surgery, and a little incision pain. Of course I have a little pain if I bend down, but I seriously don't feel like I've had surgery. The only real pain I ever experienced is when I got my tattoo right over my right rib cage 2 years ago. This surgery was NOTHING compared to that. We checked in to the hotel after my leak test. Had a free popsicle. Then we walked around to the Starbucks and this pharmacy. There is a huge traffic circle in front of the hotel and they drive crazy over here, but we got across. I'm actually leaving a day early. I told Dr. Kelly I feel great, he said he's giving me the green light to travel back to MD tomorrow. I'm so excited to start my new life!!!!

How was your experience with Dr Kelly himself? His new assistant? Give us the skinny! :)

Congratulations SexySlim, and good luck with your new life!

He's great and he has been since he first called me on the phone last month. He answers all questions and is very friendly. I heard good things about him on these boards before I chose him. I would never choose an arrogant surgeon. I haven't met this new assistant everyone is talking about. I met Ana and Dr. Kelly's wife, she drove us around in a big van. They are great as well!

Thanks for updating us! I have just over 9 weeks til I see Dr Kelly and his wonderful staff! Im so excited/nervous, but I know I am in the best and most capeable hands! I cant wait to see your success! Keep us updated a lot!

Congratulations on the sleeve!

Just wanted to let those who are interested in Dr. Kelly that I spoke with Omar today and he's pretty awesome!!! And also to try to get more people to join Dr. Kelly's FB page. Omar is hoping to work more with that in the future!!!

http://www.facebook.com/drramoskelly

I'm so glad to hear this. :) My niece and I will be going to Dr. Kelly on the 23rd of April. We are very excited. I'm having the lapband revision to sleeve and her the sleeve. I'm wondering if I'll be any more sore than normal since I'm having 1/2 hours more work done. Dr. Kelly called and talked a bit and seem like a very nice man. It's nice to hear positive information from his previous patients. Make my nerves a little calmer. You are doing great! Thanks for the info.

I remember having the lapband done and getting the dreaded gas pain in my left shoulder that was so miserable from that but I'll have a heating pad just in case...I was up and shopping and went to the beach there and then a movie on day 3 and 4! Hope it's that good this time too.

Jeanie I am probably the biggest stress monkey on these boards. I'm not an MD, but I'm a veterinarian, and I do a LOT of abdominal surgery on MY patients. I understand the procedure and the healing and how complications occur, etc. Making a good decision is hard for me because of what I do myself.... and honestly, I finally just decided to make this decision based on patient referral. And I cannot find a lot of negative comments about Dr. Kelly from his patients. That means the most to me. I know there is a lot of drama but ALL DOCTORS have complications at some point in their career, they ALL have PR issues, etc etc. So word of mouth and patient referral is what matters to me. Dr. K is having some PR issues and does not have the organization that some of the other doctors have but his patients seem to do great, have a great experience and are doing well months down the road. This is what I am focusing on. Stay in touch, I am hoping we can get a small group of Kelly patients to keep up with each other!!! Also PLEASE if on Facebook, join his page because we can chat a lot there too!!!!

When do you have yours Debly? I talked to Omar on Friday and he emailed me on Saturday, yesterday. Such a nice person and talks wonderful English! After seeing Dr. Kelly's name here is when I started doing as much research on him as possible and I feel very comfortable with the decision. I will go to his Facebook now, thank you very much. :)

I am planning to confirm June 14th!!! You???

he's new to it but you can also follow Dr. K on twitter. I've never even twitted before so it's new for me but I am following him. I think Omar is really gonna expand what Dr. K does... I'm excited!

Go to the WLS page and click on the twitter button at the bottom of the page! I just found it. No tweets yet so it must be pretty new.

Go to the WLS page and click on the twitter button at the bottom of the page! I just found it. No tweets yet so it must be pretty new.

Ok, I don't do twitter but I am on Facebook. My only concern is that NOBODY knows I had surgery! My sister and I told our husbands of course but that was it! Everyone else thinks we went to visit our cousin in SanDiego. If I join Dr K's fb page, will all of my other facebook friends be able to tell? This is why is didn't join Trish's page either, even tho I would like to!