Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i an having my surgery wed. please share some positive experiences with me. have some of you had an easy time right after surgery. was anyone able to get in all the liquids and Protein they needed to.

It took several days before I was able to get all liquids in and then probably a week before I could get all my Protein in!!! But.. I am almost 3 weeks post op and am feeling great :) My incisions are healed. I am not having pain or discomfort and am grateful for my sleeve :) Good luck to you!!!! Jenn

It's important to sip, sip liquids as much as you can so you don't get dehydrated. Don't worry about getting Protein in until full liquids and then start, but you will have trouble getting it all in. There are Premier Protein drinks at costco (chocolate and vanilla) that are 30 grams each but they are 11 oz. and you will not be able to drink it all at once, but you can sip as much as you can all day to get as much in as you can. But don't force it and just take in what you can. Everyone's sleeves have different restrictions. Some people can't get all Protein in for awhile. Just stay hydrated. Don't forget that sf popsicles and sf Jello are considered Clear Liquids also. You may be on Clear Liquids for about a week.

I am 15 weeks out and I never had any issues with pain or vomiting like some have had. I never had any pain. My sleeve can handle any food I try to eat. I am still on about 800 calories or less a day, simply because I can't get alot more in, but my doctor told me today to stay between 800-900 until I get to my goal. I went to the dr. today for a follow-up and I have lost 6 inches in my waist and 5 inches in my thighs and lost 38 lbs. I love my sleeve. I feel so much better. I only had 55 lbs. to lose but I had a high body fat % and all of my weight was in a dangerous place in my abdomen, Only 18 lbs. til my goal. You will do fine. Think positive. they will give you pain meds and nausea meds if you need it, so don't be afraid to ask for it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you for starting this thread. I, too,love to read the positives.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm only a week out but so far I've had all positive things to say about this! There are a few things that have made me go.."hmmm?? What's going on here" but never a negative thought. It's been easier than I expected and I can't wait to start really shedding the weight!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was able to lay on my tummy 4 days after surgery. that was definatly a possitive for me! :) good luck!!!