Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Had My Sleeve Done December 15Th 2011 Im 3 Months Post-Op Is Anyone Else 3 Mo Post-Op If So How Are You Doing?

I was sleeved on 12/28 and I am down post op 36.4 lbs and 29 inches. I had to lose 15 lbs before surgery so total weight loss is 54.4 lbs.I don't fear stretching my sleeve. I rely on my full meter. I usually burp or hiccup when I am eating and I know I am full. :rolleyes: Sounds silly but it's what works for me. I just find it interesting that there are some foods that get me full faster than others. There has been nothing I could not tolerate. I have never thrown up or anything. I am able to eat all of my Protein through food but I still use an occasional shake or Protein Bar and I get in all of my fluids (when I remember). Fluids are a hard one for me. If I am not careful about my fluids I end up with a UTI. No fun. What I have found works for me is an 18 oz Cool Gear cup with a straw that I bought at Walmart. I know some say you are not supposed to use a straw. But I have had no problems with it and it really helps me get in my fluids. Plus it helps keep my liquids cold since it takes me so darn long to drink anything. I figure if it ain't broke don't fix it!

As for exercise, yes, I love it. However, every time I do exercise I find that the scale does not move which can be frustrating.

I think everyone loses differently and that this is a journey of self discovery. If I would have been more gentle with myself and paid more attention to my feelings in the past I probably would have never turned to food for comfort. I have to feel every emotion I have now. :huh: Which is not always a good thing. But I will no longer let my past dictate who I am now or who I want to be. I am taking control of my life one step at a time. I have my good days and my bad days to be sure but I allow myself to recognize my feelings.

Now I am just waiting for my mind to catch up with my body. I do still feel like the fat girl in the room. But I am running into people who do not recognize me. It can be a little disconcerting but I figure in time I will learn to deal with it. My extended family has not seen me since before the surgery and I am curious to see what they are going to say. I only told a couple of people in my immediate family because I didn't feel like it was anybody elses business. So I am gearing myself up for that emotionally because I know I am going to be cornered and asked a lot of questions about how I lost weight.

I know when I was at my heaviest I used to think, "If I lost weight, my life will be so much better" almost like losing weight would magically solve all of my problems. I now know I was wrong. I have lost weight but life's problems are still hanging around. I will say though that having lost the weight I am better able to deal with said problems. It has given me the confidence and the strength to say no, not be a push over and stand my ground. In the past I would have folded under the pressure and ate something to soothe my nerves instead of speaking my mind.

I am coming to the realization that I am worth so much more than I ever gave myself credit for. This surgery has given me my life back. For that I will always be eternally grateful!

I've lost 47 lbs since my surgery I'm feeling great I can't eat a lot yet I try but get full fast my fear is stretching out my stomach if I eat too much. Does anyone else have this fear?

I totally agree with you I was sleeved 12/13/11 and have lost 69 lbs to date. I also don't/won't eat past feeling full for fear of stretching to where I was. I also eating retardedly slow to give my stomach time to get empty in between bites. Basically it takes me approximately 45 minutes to eat 4-6oz of chilli if that. So I fully understand

I totally agree with you I was sleeved 12/13/11 and have lost 69 lbs to date. I also don't/won't eat past feeling full for fear of stretching to where I was. I also eating retardedly slow to give my stomach time to get empty in between bites. Basically it takes me approximately 45 minutes to eat 4-6oz of chilli if that. So I fully understand

Wow Your doing good too congrats on your weight loss!! :) do you eat 4-6oz in the whole day or 2 to 3 times a day? I still can't eat 4 oz in a day I hope its normal when I pick eat its just what ever I pick up with my thumb and index finger. After doing that 3 times i start feeling full if I take 3 full bites of something I feel over full and I don't like that feeling plus I feel like I wanna burp after taking those bites till it goes down its like air in between the stomach and food its so uncomfortable.

Hey Guys!!!

I was sleeved 12/19... I'm down about 32-35 lbs since surgery... I just really started working out.. I get very stressed and it's counterproductive... I'm trying to dedicate myself to the process and journey...

Things I've learned:

Don't compare yourself to anyone else.. our journies are as different as we are...

Don't dwell on "doing it wrong".. instead, focus on learning what works for you and your body, taking into account the instructions from our WL professionals

DO Celebrate ALL victories

DO give yourself the benefit of the doubt.. we didn't become overweight in 2 hours or 2 days or 2 months!!

DO extend the same amount of patience and consideration that you extend to others.. to yourself...

REMEMBER, each day is a new day to start fresh!!! You are doing great!! Keep up the great work!!!

LUV UR WORDS !!

Dang...I am such a slow loser, my surgery date was 12/21/11, I'm down 30. I exercise weekly/daily, I do not get it, it makes me so mad! Congratulations to all you, y'all are doing great!

I am right there with you. 29lbs and I was sleeved on Dec 15th. As long as it's coming off I am happy. I am now into size 8 and 10's, I am really happy :) Never thought I would use those sizes! :)

I'll have three months soon and I'm down 50 since surgery (no pre-op diet for my surgeon). I just had my check-in with the surgeon yesterday and am very pleased with the way things are going. I finally asked about a goal weight for me and told them I've been thinking 160. They said that was reasonable and that an ideal goal would be down closer to 140. I'm going to see how it goes because I haven't weighed 140 since I was a Jr in high school and think I'd look like a bag of bones. I've stalled each month in the week before my period but a day or two into it I drop 2-4lbs. Bizarre- but I'll take it! I need to step up the exercise and I've been trying to incorporate some resistance training and abs into my routine. Great work all!

I had surgery on December 15, 2011. I have lost 51 pounds so far. 44 pounds since surgery. I dont have a fear I will stretch my stomach. I do also have a hard time getting in all my fluids although I'm close most days. I can only eat 3-4 oz of dense Protein at a time. I still have to have Protein Drinks to get in my protein for the day. I do exercise 3 times a week and try to stay active on the other days of the week. I eat a lot of fish, it's easier to get down and it's loaded with high amounts of protein. I wish everyone good luck on their upcoming four month surgiversary.