Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Those Who Went To Dr. Aceves...

Where exactly in the airport is the driver waiting? I live in SoCal and am driving down to San Diego to meet the driver at the airport to be driven to the Mexicali. They said he would be there with a sign with my name on it. Will he be near the arrivals? Should I just go where people who have arrived via plane come out? Or will he be by the baggage claim? Out near the curb? Silly question...I know I could just ask them but thought I would try here first!

I flew Southwest and he met me as I left baggage claim.

The driver met me at the baggage claim area of Terminal One. Its a relatively small baggage claim area so you don't have to worry about being on one end, and him missing you on the other end. Good luck to you! They take great care of you there!

Have you told Nina what airline you are flying? If not you need to. The driver will pick you up at the baggage claim terminal for your airline. Most likely he will be in a small silver van, he may not be outside the van so just watch for any van that may be holding a sign up with your name.

The driver met me at the baggage claim area of Terminal One. Its a relatively small baggage claim area so you don't have to worry about being on one end, and him missing you on the other end. Good luck to you! They take great care of you there!

Going over my information again gave me the answer....says to meet him in the baggage claim of terminal 1!

Ahhh I'm getting nervous!!!

Not sure when you are having the surgery, I am from So. Calif. I drove myself over the border and it's only 3 blocks past the border to Almater Hospital. Parked my car in the lot right by the security guard and had the luxury of leaving a day early, I was ready to go home to my bed and felt good! In addition, parking was free and it was nice to have my body pillow handy :) The driving part was easy... :). Coming home took about an hour to get over the border, it was fine.

Good luck to you! Keep me posted...

Hi,

Ernesto the Van driver, knows all the Air Lines that people are flying in on. If he is not right there, just remember he has to go to 2 or 3 different terminals to pick everyone up. Just find a seat in the baggage area where you flew in and are picking up your bag--make sure you can see the people walking down through there so you can see Ernesto when he is looking for you. Watch he will come walking down through the baggage area with your name on a piece of paper.

Ernesto is really a nice man. By the way he has already had sleeve surgery. He will drive all of you back to Mexicali which takes about 1.5 hours. It is a nice ride and it gives you a chance to get to know some of the other people who will be having surgery when you do.

I know that you have a lot of feelings and emotions going on right now. This is very normal--I had all the same ones you are having. I am always out here if you need to talk or get scared.

You are going to love Dr. Aceves and his entire staff. They are fabulous. I read my E-mail ever day, so send me a note if you have questions or are worried.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I just got home from my surgery with Dr Aceves today (Surgery was on April 16th). Ernesto is not currently driving due to some issues, but Ramon, the driver who has been filling in for him, is equally as wonderful, was pleasant and informative. I drove from Tucson to Calexico, parked at Double AA parking, and was picked up outside the front gate for the ride over to Mexicali. Ramon said that right now, he's doing all the driving for the San Diego patients as well as the Calexico patients, until Ernesto can return to driving. At first this was a bit of let down, but in the end, we had a great experience. :D

Just thought I'd give an update.

Hi,

Thanks so much for the heads up. I had Ramon drive me one time when I went with a friend to Dr. Aceves. She had surgery 3 years ago. Ramon was very nice. I appreciate the heads up.

I wish you great success and if you have any questions at all, I always read my E-maild 2 and 3 times a day.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I just got home from my surgery with Dr Aceves today (Surgery was on April 16th). Ernesto is not currently driving due to some issues, but Ramon, the driver who has been filling in for him, is equally as wonderful, was pleasant and informative. I drove from Tucson to Calexico, parked at Double AA parking, and was picked up outside the front gate for the ride over to Mexicali. Ramon said that right now, he's doing all the driving for the San Diego patients as well as the Calexico patients, until Ernesto can return to driving. At first this was a bit of let down, but in the end, we had a great experience. :D

Just thought I'd give an update.