Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I Think I Messed Up .....big Time!

Hi Everyone ,

I am new to the forum , but I have been reading the post for a while now. I am a 34yr old woman that has battle with weight issues my entire life .My eating disorder progressed when my mom passed and I adopted my siblings(total of 11 children total) I have yo-yo dieted , took every diet pill out there and have even went thru starvation periods to loss weight. Ive even been on various weight loss programs to seeing weightloss counslers. I realized that i needed to do something that was permenant , because if i didnt , i would probably end up killing my self trying to get skinny. I was sleeved on Feb18th,2012 in Mexico with Dr Garcia. Everything was going well up until 2 wks ago when I hit a stall. I lost 18lbs the first 3wks , but have not lost a pound or any inches since .

What I think I did wrong was: before my surgery in Mexico , I started the process of going thru my Insurance , but I felt that that process was going to take to long to get approved. While I was working on going thru my insurance( after just to yo dieting again and losing 24lbs ) , I had to actually gain 20lbs (my BMI was to low when i lost the 24lbs) for my insurance company even consider me for the surgery , even with all my illnesses( hypo thyroidism, High Cholestrol, High Blood Pressure, Water retention, etc....) so in the meantime , I started to eat what I wanted to and gained the 20lbs so my insurance would accept me, but while researching a lot about WLS I found out about the the surgery being offered in Mexico and how much it costs . So I felt that it was time to make a change now , so I did. ????

But now , here comes the problem , After my surgery , I felt no hunger, I lost 18lbs post op in the first 3wks and I was happy with the way things were going . ???? However, now at 5 wks and 2 days I am hungry all the time ,I can eat a lot more now . ???? I am at a stall ( for the last 2 wks) . And I am doing everything from eating Protein first, 500-800 calories per day 70-80 g of protein per day ( I even take protein pills 500mg to supplement me not eating meats) to eating 6-8 small meals thru out the day and I almost forgot , I'm taking meds for acid as well ,and I'm drinking 64oz of water per day . The only exercise that I do daily (5 days) is 20mins of walking and around 30 bicep curls and 30 squats per day. ???????????? Nothing major because I'm currently being tested for heart problems , so my doctor advised me to take it easy until I get my results.

So can anyone answer this question for me :

Did I only loss the 18lbs that I originally gained to have the surgery?

Did I mess my self up with purposely gaining the weight for surgery?

Can this be fixed? If so , how ?

What else can help my hunger ( not head hunger, but stomach hunger)?

What can I do to get pass this stall ?

SW: 220lbs

CW: 202lbs

GW: 145lbs

HELP..... I messed up

Disappointed and Discouraged ????????????

No no no !! You did not mess up. Your body is going through alot of changes right now and has to have time to catch up with everything that is happening to it. Dont be discouraged!!! Stick with your program and you will be fine, the weight loss will come.Talk to your doctor about walking a little more everyday. I understand that you have heart problems but even if its just a stroll down the street its better than nothing.I am at five weeks post op and I have had my own struggles as well. I lost 30 pounds pre op and the first week after surgery 10 pounds fell right off. Then wham! Nothing for two weeks. I was so discouraged and upset. But I read alot of posts and here and found out it was normal to hit a stall. Discouraging as it may be , we all go through it. I am kinda afraid that I hit another stall this week. I lost five pounds last week and for the last three days the scales have not moved but I know as long as I keep at it the weight loss will come. Same for you!!! Just dont give up. This is a process. Good luck!!

Thank you so much ...... I'm trying to keep my head up . As for you , congrats on your weight loss and much continued success to you .????

Thanks Again

You're still very early out..(me too.. a little over 3 months)... keep following your plan.. .protein, hydration, Protein, hydration.... The weight will come off... Enjoy your journey!

Thanks you for your response as well .

But do you guys think my intake of Protein is to high ( with the 500mg protein pills ) that I'm taking? As I was reading over my post , that was something that caught my eye. I really need to ask my doctor . But is there anyone out there that's taking in to much protein? And not loss weight because of it ? ????

I'm afraid its a lot more simple than you might think. You are smack in the middle of the "3rd week stall". Most everyone here will endure this, including myself. The only thing you can do right now is stay positive, have patience and be persistent with your eating and walking.

All the best! It will pass, promise. :)

Thanks you for your response as well .

But do you guys think my intake of Protein is to high ( with the 500mg Protein pills ) that I'm taking? As I was reading over my post , that was something that caught my eye. I really need to ask my doctor . But is there anyone out there that's taking in to much protein? And not loss weight because of it ?

Right now your total protein intake would be fine with about 60-70g per day. Do your best to also get in about 64 Oz of Water.

Ok Thank You.... Thank you guys for the support , I really need it right now. I will stay positive and keep on keeping on thank you guys.....☺