Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pause for Hugs

I see so many of us signed on right now and I was thinking about how far apart we all are from each other. Some of us at jobs, others at home. For some its morning, while for others its nighttime. And yet at this moment we have all come together, looking for support, lending an ear to someone who needs to vent, just being a wonderful group of people in general.

And so.. I had this urge to stop for a moment, to reach thru space and time to give each of you a hug and a big smile, and to say, "Hello friend, how's your day going? I'm having coffee, sitting in my office at home.. its still cool outside so the window is open, but we are going to have another hot day. My mind and heart are full of hopes today. Hopes of being healthy, hopes of launching my photography business soon. What are you doing right now? How's the weather? How ya feeling today?"

What a nice thread! coffee, and a cool breeze sound nice!

I'm at work, waiting on a report to run. I've had coffee, and now am sipping Water. It's cloudy today after a string of nice warm sunny days so it's actually a nice break. I have a friend coming over for dinner tonight, I'm looking forward to that.

(((HUGS))) back to you! I just got up 1/2 hour ago, checking my email, sipping my crystal light and trying to be quiet while dh sleeps. We both work the grave yard shift. Other than that just enjoying the nice breeze and the roar of Harleys as they fly down I-90 to Sturgis, SD.

I love hugs:grouphug:

I'm at work, multitasking. I am feeling blessed, happy and bloated from PMS. Oh yeah I get to weigh in tonight.

Hi there ! What a nice thread.....

I am packing for a much needed vacation. Heading to New Hampshire tomorrow with hubby and kids. Glad to be off of work for a week and spending time with my family. Weather here in Boston is beautiful (finally the heat wave is over).

How is everyone else?

Morning Lisa :) I hope you have a really nice dinner with your friend.

Maudie.. doesnt that sound make you wish you were out there on a road trip? I dont think I'd pick Sturgis, but I'd sure be happy to be in Montana or Yellowstone today :) Ive been so home sick for real mountains.

Terista, I love your smiling attituge hon. Even with PMS you radiate this loving heart right through the text. *hugs*

Aaamom, have a wonderful week with your family. If you take any pics, share them when you get back. I'd love to see that part of the country. I've been/lived everwhere else in the continental US but never made it up to the NE.

I am sitting here at work reading all of the posts that I can. I love this site and the info I get from it. Thanks everyone you have no idea how much you have helped me through these last 6 weeks.

Hey Susan and All, Well there are no windows open in Houston.lol

but am having a wonderful day. Anytime I sling my legs and feet on the floor every morning I am having a wonderful day and since this 40 pounds is gone I can sling them over faster.lol. I pray all of you are having a great day and Susan you have been my inspriation since I started.Wish you were going on the cruise with us and am so looking forward to meeting all the others. Alison from Greece is coming to stay with me for the cruise.YEAH Thanks for starting this thread.:)

Blj.. this is a wonderful place for support and friendship isnt it? I learned so much here before surgery just by staying glued to the computer and soaking up every word I could find here! :)

Sally, I'd like to have gone on the cruise. So many of my dearest friends here are going. Money is limited tho, and an opportunity came up for a cruise in Feb that I just cant turn down. I'll be dying that week y'all are together, but you can take lots of pics .. and you can all talk about me since I wont be there. *winks* :)

I am supposed to be working, but you can tell what I'm doing. I just love this site and I've especially missed you Susan. You haven't been on as much. I have followed so much of your words of wisdom. You prepared me for this surgery very well. :)

I am helping a friend plan our friends funeral. She had arranged it all, lived in another state, and now is coming home to Texas. The 3 of us Celebrate our birthdays in September and planned a trip to Hilton Head. Now only two of us will be going. It makes me realize how precious life is and how short our stay is here on earth. I want to make every minute count.

Thanks for a wonderful thread.

Good Thread!

I am in my office (5th floor) in Houston... DEFINITELY no fresh air in here. I haven't been outside but I am sure it is hot and muggy! I am debating on whether I will be going out for lunch or just sitting here.

I am looking forward to the weekend already. I want to take my daughter and get our picture taken. So, guess I will have to go shopping for some cute outfits! :0)

Aww Barb, I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. Raise a glass in Hilton Head to your friend. She'll be there with ya. *smiles*

Heather *laughs* any excuse to buy new clothes! :)

Morning for me, its my day off, but having my own bussiness it just means, day to catch up all the things that may get over looked, paying bills, having my new grape nuts trail mix for Breakfast. Thins is the only day I have to do landry , but I packed it full and it seems it 's broken,, ah well a reason to go shopping I suppose.

I dont think its 100 degrees just yet but maybe 99.. Im here in the AC while my two adorable dogs stare at me ( they hate that it takes me forever to eat now)

Thanks to every one who are always so helpful and supportive. *** HUGS****

Sitting at my desk. Had a hectic morning, and am just now having a chance to really sit down and take a breath. There's a window about a foot behind me but it doesn't open. It overlooks downtown and while it would appear to be a beautiful day out, we're actually around 104F outside. Yuck! Just got done making dinner reservations for tomorrow & decided I'd stop by LBT and see what was up. I'm snacking on a few ounces of tuna and sipping a Decaf iced tea. Thinking of all the things on my to do list... leisure and chore... and if I'm hoping for something, it's for my stall to end so that I can lose 8 more lbs this month and reach 100 @ 6 months.

I don't know what day this thread started but I like it a lot. Nineteen years ago today I was getting married. Words can't describe how happy I am today and how much in Love I still am with my best friend. We have two great kids and together we live a blessed life.

Everyone have a great day

Tommy O