Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a couple years since I spent time outside! I spent the WHOLE day outside with my kids and family and bbq'd on the grill.. Fished, 4 wheeled and had enough energy to go all day for the first time in a long time! I'm 5 weeks post op and I'm already starting to enjoy life more! 1/2 piece of BBQ chicken was great too...

Yay! Sounds like a wonderful time,,I look forward to camping, cooking out, hiking,,all that good outdoor stuff I've missed out on for so long.

That's a really great feeling! I've found a lot more energy to start remodeling our cabin. It's going to be a challenge.......... Love these NSV's. ;)

I'm loving my new energy level as well! It's amazing to know that you can go somewhere and walk around for hours without being exhausted! :)

I sure wish I had that much energy at 5 weeks out!! So happy you are enjoying your family more- think of all the fun things to come still!

I'm going to Florida for some fun next week, flying in with my wife, daughter and granddaughters. We will be riding rides at Busch Gardens, running on Siesta Key beach, swimming in the gulf and in pools, walking through malls and museums, and other general spontaneous exploring.

Two years ago we went to Universal Studios theme park in Orlando. I had to get a wheelchair and grandkids pushed me around. I had a wonderful time then but had great difficulty fitting my rotundus torso into the ride seats. I remember debating whether to get on the Mummy ride. They had a model seat and hold down out in front so you could decide whether you should try it. I could barely get the bar down, breathing was difficult and my ribs were strained. No more of that nonsense! I'm going to get a wind burn from all of the roller coasters and test out how well my sleeve can hold down food in in the midst of major vertigo! :wacko:

Congrats :) I remember the first day I didn't "need" to take a nap in the afternoon... I never did because of time but everyday I felt like I needed one. When I finally went through the whole day without thinking about the nap I wish I could have had... it felt awesome! Now when I nap... its just because I love naps lol.

Gbatman! Have a great trip to Florida! You have earned this in more ways than one. This is a great NSV. Your grand children see you as a role model and want to have loads of fun with you. Keep Rockin! ;)