Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Hi everyone! I weighed myself today and I am down 23 lbs since the surgery ( some may have been the 3 day pre op diet ) I had my surgery on April 3. I now weigh 272 from 295 . YAY.....

I feel great. Still off work for another week . I am walking around lots, and enjoying my time off. Still odd little pains here and there. But good. Getting all my Protein and Water is getting easier every day. Still get tired and like a nap everyday... but feel awesome.

Well I am at home. Surgery went fine yesterday morning. Lots of pain in the left incision (where they pulled out the stomach) and having a hard time getting in liquid. I have to walk when ever I take a sip or I feel like there's too much gas in there and it'll come back up. Nurse said this is due to the hiatial hernia repair' date=' and it should go away. I just want to get past this part, can't wait to get to eat soups! I am already tired of broth and popsicles. LOL[/quote']

Wishing you a speedy recovery! I have to have my hiatal hernia repaired as well.

Hi, everyone! I have just got back from the final pre-op tests and appointments and am ready for the off tomorrow (April 17th). Because I had bronchitis and pneumonia in February, I had to have another chest X-ray today, but everything is looking good and I am as ready as I shall ever be.

Actually, I am not feeling nervous (yet!), which is a bit of a surprise, both to me and to those who know me. A little trepidation, certainly, but no major last-minute panic. Perhaps it's because there have been so many medical hurdles along the way over the last three months or so that I just feel relieved to have reached the final furlong. As I said to the pulmonologist this morning, this is the start of the rest of my life and I am ready for whatever lies ahead. I just hope it won't be bad!!!

6 days finished of 15 day pre op so far so good I have lost 11 lbs. next Tuesday is not coming quick enough congrats to all of you sleaved all ready I can wait to see our weekly progress

Great job!!!! My liquid diet begins today and I hope that I am just as successful!! I have high Protein ensure, Water, Adkins advantage shakes, Jello, no sugar added Italian ice, broths. Best wishes and a speedy recovery!!

Jimmy' date='

My surgery is tomorrow, April 16th. Am on all clear liquid diet today. I followed this thread a week or so ago and shared my anxiety and indecision. You and many others were kind enough to give me feedback and pose questions to help me work through my worries. I am still scared silly, but am committed to doing this and living a healthy, forward-looking lifestyle. I will probably not sleep a wink tonight. Have to be at the hospital by 7 am. Surgery is at 9:30. Reading through this forum has helped me prepare mentally for possible post-op issues. My thanks to all the April Sleever's for their support, encouragement and sense of community. It has made a real difference for me. I will keep you posted on my post-op experiences. Best to all and save me a place on the loser's bench.[/quote']

Speedy recovery!! You'll do fine!!!

My surgery is also tomorrow morning. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning and I was told that the surgery will start at 7:30. I forgot to ask them how long it is expected to take. Can anyone give me an estimate? Believe it or not' date=' I am not nervous at this point. I just feel like I am sitting around waiting. I did all my pre-op. Made it through the mag. citrate... well.... still making it through that and hope that stops soon, and I am on just Clear Liquids yesterday and today. Lemon Jell-O, chicken broth and Water. That is about it for me. I know... exciting. Well, my best to all my fellow April 16 surgery buddies. May we all do wonderful and may we all get some sleep this evening. LOL[/quote']

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Hello April sleevers! I leave tomorrow for west VA. I have preop testing on Wednesday and I check in the hospital at 6am Thursday. I have had some terrible meltdowns(nervous), but I'm ready now. The only regret is my only sister can't be with me due to she's recovering from recent surgery. So I need all the prayers I can get. Even though I know God will be with me every step of the way, I'm still scared only because I will be in this strange place by myself. Thanks to everyone in this group, especially the postop sleevers! I love you all and I pray that this week sleevers come out the surgery with little to no complications and I will meet everyone on the losers bench! Be blessed!

Fanny - I know your guardian angel will have his wings wrapped around you for your entire trip and before and after surgery. God bless and you will be in my prayers. You will be running into strangers who will become friends on your adventure. Good luck to you with everything. I'll meet you on the loser's bench 4/23!

Many prayers for this weeks surgeries. Day 2 on my 2 week pre-op liquids. Down 9 pounds, must be detoxing me. Doing Breakfast carnation for breakfast and Soup for dinner, Popsicle and Jello for dessert and as many Protein Shakes in the day if I am hungry or weak feeling. Plus as much Water as I can drink. 12 more days til surgery, it's very surreal for me.

Best wishes to everyone that is getting sleeved this week. I know it's scary, but you are going to do great! I'm already feeling so much better and it's been 5 days since my surgery. Every day it get's better!

Hi everybody

I am here again

I had my GS the 13th, everything was really good, I may say that the pain was less that o vacine ( hard to believe) but is true, the only bad thing is the gas, that is terrible, but when walk is make you feel much better. SO EVERYBODY WALK, WALK, WALK. I start walk after a hour that be in the recovery room. don't feer worried about be only in liquid total you will not feel hungry at all.

I still in Tijuana Hotel, living tomorow to home, my sweet husband left yesterday. Yesterday I walk to Walmart, becuse remember walk is good, the weather was so nice and fresh and this area is really nice.

The hosputal had the most wonderful staff, The Dr Fernando speak very good english, but I speak spanish too, becuse I am from Dominican Republic, he was so clear in all the explanations,, The Dr Katia Padilla, was there everyday, Melissa (Meli) so nice and pending of you, calling you to the hotel, Samuel the Driver, he was awesome, Veronica the nurse a wonderfull human, Sweet and nice, in the night she check me all the time ask if I'm fine or if I need somenthing and mu hubby was there, but she care so much, Rosie was there too.

Alma my cordinator initial was so nice, always giving me options and calm me down, because initially I was so nervous, and telling me what to do and take to MX.

The Hotel is quiet and confi, the people is so nice and they make all, for make you feel confi.

FOR THOSE WHO WILL CAME HERE TO TIJUANA, I DISCOVER A HOTEL THE NAME EL SOL, AND THEY MAKE A WONDERFULL CHIKEN BROOTH, BETTER THAN THE HOTEL (SORRY)

I can't complain at all I choose a wonderfull staff, I DO NOT REGRET NOTHING AT ALL

THANK OBESITY SOLUTION INTERNATIONAL

THANKS DR GARCIA AND ALL YOUR STAFF. :)

post-23622-1381365859106_thumb.jpg

Well, I am sleeved!!!! I was sort of disoriented when I woke up in post op. I could not recall where I was of why I was in pain. Then it sunk in. My longest incision hurts quite a bit and is bleeding a bit. I think I walked too much. I did 10 laps around the nurses station.

I am still taking pain meds. Sipping Water. Took one tiny bite of orange jell-o and that did not agree with me at all.

So, I am going to sign off for now and get some rest. My best to the rest of my fellow April 16th sleevers and to all.

Surgery was for me this morning at 9am with Dr Aceves, and it has been a first class experience!

I live in AZ, so my husband and I made the 4 hour drive to Calexico yesterday, where we were picked up by the weekend driver Ramon at about 1:15p for the short drive over the border to Mexicali. Hubby was a little tripped out when the border guard opened our suitcase and laptop case to have a look, but nothing happened.

After arriving at Hospital Almater, Yolanda met us at the front door - what a woman! God bless her, she truely has a heart for what she does and the people she helps. I was whisked through preop labs, xray, ekg and paperwork with professionalisim and effeciency - wow! As a US RN, I was pleasantly boggled.

After tests, we were delivered to the very clean (very swank!) Crowne Plaza Mexicali, where we vegetated and later had supper in the Colorado Room (steak was ...divine!).

Hotel driver delivered us back to Hospital Almater at 7am, where we were again treated like celebrities! Met the Internist, Anesthesiologist (Garcia?), Dr Campos and Dr Aceves. Everyone kept appologizing for not meeting me the day before, as we arrived on a Sunday...no problem! In the Surgeon's offices I have worked in, I was lucky to see the doc more than once a day....and I was his nurse!

After a shot of Lovenox and a primer on how to use the spirometer, I was off the surgery. Dr Garcia got my hand IV on the first stick - major props to him, never had anyone be able to get a patent hand IV on me before, wooo! Sergio is one of the OR RNs, and he was such a comforting presence. Dr Garcia was having a tough time finding a good place to insert my spinal block while lying on my side, so he gave me some IV Versed and had me sit up with Sergio holding (wow, that man smells good!) They had me lay down and....next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery with an oxygen mask (oh how I hate those!) And some amazing nurse, who I didn't get her name, stroking my hair.....purrrrrr.

After another hour in recovery, they wheeled me back to my room and to my waiting husband....I have never been so happy to see that man my entire life! I havn't had pain per se, but mostly some discomfort and soreness at the drain site on my left upper abdomen. I have 4 lap incisions in total, but it's as if the other 3 don't exist, lol.

No nausea, but up until about 15 min ago I still couldn't feel my feet, so I haven't walked yet. Gonna finish this post now so I can "dangle" for a bit, lol.

Good luck to everyone! If anyone has questions, PM me and I will answer as I am awake

Enjoy your foot dangling time, crazycatlady. Sounds like things went wonderfully!

Whenever I have someone who can stick me the first time, I want to put them in my pocket and just take them with me. IV's are so difficult - ugh!

Welcome to the skinny side!!