Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Scale Is Not Going Down :(

Today is my 4th day post-op. I weigh more today than the day I had surgery (3 pounds). I'm following the post-op diet and I have no difficulty getting liquids down, I take it slow like they said. I really don't feel full though. I'm starting to panic...thinking...maybe this is not going to work for me. I do have to admit I feel much better than I thought I would, I even painted a fence today. Am I normal or do I need to be concerned?

Painted a fence?! I was bedridden for 5 days! As far as the weight loss, you could still have swelling and holding fluids from surgery. If you haven't lost much by end of week one id get concerned. good luck!

You're fine..I didn't have any pain after mine either. Each person is different. As for weighloss at this period...you're still in the swollen Water retaining stage. Just be patient and you'll see the pounds start to fall off :)

I felt the same way. I am 6 weeks out. I gained a little, then lost it. You can not so much feel the restriction because your insides are numb like from the surgery and when you start taking in more and time goes by you will see.

Remember, this is very important, You body (stomach) just went through a total over haul , It is screaming inside to feel like it did for how old you are, it is freaking out right now resisting change.

Be patient, do what you are suppose to do and it will work!!!!

best wishes :)

I am 5 days post op and I feel exactly the same way. I posted twice on this same subject elsewhere. I would have posted even more but I fear folks will think ima whiner. I'm just not "feeling" this big change yet and of course I'm impatient. I know that I didn't get this way over night but it still sux to not have that instant gratification! I feel for those who had a more rough post op period, but I'm struggling to relate. I had a large hiatal hernia repair as well and I seem to be tolerating everything I put into my mouth so far! I'm getting 50- 60 grams of Protein and 70 oz of Fluid, so my point is I'm scared too. Good luck to you!

You just had surgery! Give the poor bod a chance to adjust. I was told they did not expect any big miracles the first week. You're fine. :)

Remember they stuffed your body with IV fluids while you were in the hospital so it is actually quite common to weight a few pounds more right after surgery. Don't worry, it will start going down soon.