Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Decided To Do And If You Want To Follow Me All Away Through And Beyond?

Hi everyone after thinking the pro and cons with all three surgerys. I decided to do the sleeve it best for me all of this pain and knowing that I recent got news that I have type 2 diabetes. Its time to do what I have to a new lease one life is good for me and my family. So I have my first appt on March 19th for my doctor and get the other appts. So ill blog back on that day let you know how it goes.

My insurance company made me wait 6 months, but it is almost over...thankfully! Initially, I too struggled & couldn't choose between the sleeve & lapband surgeries. 2.5 months into the process I decided that the sleeve was the best choice for me. Once I start my liquid diet, I will start a video blog.

Good luck with everything!

Little bits

I too am glad that I will be having a VSG rather than a Roux or a Band - at my hospital support group the VSG group has had spectacular weight loss with little to no complications while a good portion of the band folks cannot say they have had the same experience. I think with our group many of the band folks insurance would not cover the sleeve so that is one reason they went for that procedure.

@chimera...one of the many things that scared me away from the band was 2 of my friends have it...one didn't lose near as much weight as she thought she would. She still looks big. And the other has gained 40 lbs back because she moved out of state and lost her ins and couldn't afford to get to the doc for her fills...sad stuff. I don't want those problems...

So I went for my 1st appt and it was good. I like the Dr. Tiesenge and Christina NP-C they were great. The process is movinq quickly for the appt. I wanted them to so I can go ahead and move on with my life be healther. Meet my dietitian today 3-20-12 need one more appt with her which is 4-16-2012. Did all the pre-op testing also today 3-20-12. Got my letter for support from my Physician and medical records. Need the sleep study which is Friday 3-23-12. Next appt to see the Surgeon 4-18-12 and than I just have to wait after that for insurance approval and attend a Pre-op class than contact pre-admission testing. Final step would be SURGERY.

Its April already and i am following what I was told it was hard to change some foods and not eat the thing I like but its been getting easier and yesturday I seen those M&M but I didnt buy them yea meee.Not looking forward of that liquid diet but ready to get this weight off. I am wondering how much weight I lose just following some of the changes that was told to me. Ill see on April 16th its really not to far away.

Reach your weight loss goal fast at the Weight Loss Center

498a0361a5187ce_black.gif

So i lost 10 pounds by changing my eating habits. I know its not much but its a start. Have my appt tomorrow with the doctor to get my date. All my insurance papers go in hoping for a May date yea me.

I hope you get a date soon. Sounds like you are doing fantastic with the diet and resisting the M and Ms. I started really trying to lose some weight before my last of my 6 month appointments the day after Easter. I had three kids with tons and tons of candy in the house. I finally had my husband throw a bunch of it in a campfire and let the kids watch it all melt. They actually really enjoyed that. I am mad that they just came out with coconut hershey kisses. chocolate and coconut is my downfall and there could not be a less healthy treat. I had one at a party the other night when everyone else had cake so I justified it like that but don't you know I wanted the whole bowl.

Got my approval today May 3rd is my date.

Got my approval today May 3rd is my date.

Contests!

Little bits

Sorry...congrats! Darn spell check...

Little bits

congrats...I am still waiting on insurance approval...very excited and anxious. Good luck