Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What'a Your Favorite Sweet Treat/

I have a serious sweet tooth & I'm 7 weeks out now & it's rearing its ugly little head :) Anyone have any healthy or at least not completely unhealthy suggestions?? SF popcicles aren't gonna cut it...everything's too artificial tasting!! Thanks (from my scale)

That was supposed to be a SAD face! :(

My advice overall is to not crack. It can be like detox! Seriously right now is a great time to change tge relationship your head has with food. It is so easy to let the fact that iur stomachs are smaller convince us that a "treat" is ok. Ultimatley it will be, but after beating the cravings into submission!!! Lol.

If u must there are some decent Sugar Free Chocolates and such. Even reeses cups. Our sugar free puddings and Jello.

For me it was more about winning the head battle until the cravings went away. That took a while. Now at goal (12lbs below actually) i allow myself whatever i want. Interesting what i want has changed signifigantly. Just keep in mind sugar free isnt calorie and carb free make sure u add the treats into your totals. :-)

GodSpeed

I refuse to eat anything that doesn't have decent nutritional value, so my favorite sweet treat is an Atkins Cookies and Creme meal bar. Tastes like Oreos.

I never was a sweets person pre sleeve (more of a pasta/carb girl) and even less so now. But I find that if I have one bite of something I like, it's enough and I feel like I had a whole portion. Having said that, everyone is different and like Pasquini said above, if your challenge with sugar is bigger than you may need to do the "detox" thing :-) Good luck with this!!! You'll nail it!

I have just found Quest Protein bars! They come in a ton of flavors my favorite being lemon, chocolate brownie, cinnamon roll and vanilla almond! They are delicious they have about 170 calories, 24 Carbs, but 19 of those are from fiber!!!!!!!! Also 20 grams of protein!!!! Sometimes I have them as a meal but usually I take a bite or two over the course of a few days to satisfy my sweet tooth. The only downside is that you have to order them online because they are hard to find in stores.

You know...I was instructed by my doctor to take a Calcium supplement 3 times a day. I was sceptical at first, expecting the ones she told me to get would be mediciny, but they taste like a carmel candy...I think they're awesome and they kind of fill my sweet tooth need. They have 4 flavors, Milk chocolate, Caramel, Rasberry, and chocolate Mint. I have only tried the Caramel since that is one of my favorite candy types...and they are AWESOME!!! They are called Viactiv. Now, when I went to my pharmacy to get them they had there Walgreen's store brand on the shelf right next to them for a lot cheaper. I tried those and they taste like a candy. Anyways, hope that helps.

http://www.viactiv.com/calcium-soft-chews

You know...I was instructed by my doctor to take a Calcium supplement 3 times a day. I was sceptical at first, expecting the ones she told me to get would be mediciny, but they taste like a carmel candy...I think they're awesome and they kind of fill my sweet tooth need. They have 4 flavors, Milk chocolate, Caramel, Rasberry, and chocolate Mint. I have only tried the Caramel since that is one of my favorite candy types...and they are AWESOME!!! They are called Viactiv. Now, when I went to my pharmacy to get them they had there Walgreen's store brand on the shelf right next to them for a lot cheaper. I tried those and they taste like a candy. Anyways, hope that helps.

http://www.viactiv.c...cium-soft-chews

I'm surprised your doc recommended those calcium chews. They are calcium carbonate.....not well absorbed by sleeve patients. You need calcium citrate. Find a new chew.

I too have been taking Viactiv since surgery (8wks) and my labs are normal so apparently my Nanner is doing okay absorbing them. I also take Flintstone chewables so both of theses give me my sweet fix for the day. I have found that when TOM is here I crave addl chocolate so I bought some dark chocolate roasted almonds. They have a faint chocolate taste that really hits the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using VST