Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fort Worth Texas Buddies/mentors Group

Hello everyone,

I would love to start a group (or join one if I am somehow missing it) for pre-sleevers and post ones in Fort Worth or near it. I am looking for workout buddies too (I normally workout at the Ryan YMCA (near McCart and Sycamore School Road but we might be able to workout at other places). I am planning to have my sleeve surgery in May! But I would like to find a good workout routine before then. Maybe we can also sometimes meet for lunch, movie or just nice conversations?

Soon to be a proud Looser,

LB

I would like that! I'm in North FW near Saginaw! I am starting day 3 of my liquid diet. So far so good, but it is SO hard! My friend came over and brought her Sonic burger and tots. It smelled so good, but I stayed strong and enjoyed my vanilla Protein. Yum-yum! My surgery date is March 29.

Who Is your Dr.?

Awesome, congratulations and keep up the good work! I am leaning towards Dr. Kelly in Mexico, but am not 100% sure yet. Who did yours? How was the day of your surgery, is the pain tolerable?

Oh I miss read your post lol.... Even more kudos to you, you have not had your surgery yet. Keep it up, that is awesome! Who is your Doc? Any last moment fears?

I am a one year post-surgery. In addition to getting support from this forum (which I love and have learned SO MUCH from) I attend a support group at the Baylor Hospital in Carrolton, TX. I know there is also a support group at the Baylor hospital in Plano, TX. Is there a Baylor hospital close to you? They probably have a support group there, and would welcome your attendance even if your surgery was done elsewhere. Good luck!

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions of me.

Sharon

Great thank you for the info, there is a Baylor in fort worth! I will check it out, are they all post - do you know if there are any groups that meet about pre-sleeve?

Hi Ladies! It seems like we have two takers? Maybe three? Would you all like to get together soon, maybe Sunday? We can meet at a restaurant, park or somewhere. Any ideas?

I am going to the support group at Baylor hospital tomorrow here in fort worth (thanks SKCunningham), anyone else going?