Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:think Does anyone have any advice for constipation.? I have irritable bowels,and was taken zelnorm but since i had surgery i can.t take it anymore it makes me feel sick. so i have been very uncomfortable lately. i don.t like prune juice.any advice would be very helpfull. thanks

Fleet's glycerine suppositories might just do the job. You also might think about taking Ducolax, but I would try the suppositories first.

Loriey,

Benefibe works great - no taste - mix 1-2 tblsp in a glass of juice or Water or add to oatmeal or cream of wheat - works quite quickly too! usually a few hours!

I have IBS too! My doc told me NO WHEAT products - so if I eat a bowl of shreddies for Breakfast that usually does the trick too!

jude

PS: the ticker is a lie!

When I was in the hospital after having my boys, a wise older nurse gave me prune juice mixed with orange juice. I don't like prune juice, either, but the mix is not bad at all and it works! Much more gentle than laxatives. Make sure you're well hydrated, too.

I have IBS, too but my problem is generally the reverse...

Good luck!

I have IBS too but it doesn't follow a regular pattern - if you'll excuse the pun. I can't go and can't go, then when I finally do, it starts off difficult and ends up in a rush - if you get my drift. I have NO IDEA how to deal with that, my doctor doesn't seem to know either.

I take Benefiber but I haven't noticed it making a change in my situation, and I take between 4 - 8 teaspoons of it a day!

Shredded Wheat helps if I eat it EVERY DAY, but I don't want to take in all the calories of the milk. Even skim milk is pretty high.

1/4 of a cup of raw almonds every day helps a bit, but again, very high calories.

How does Fiber One cereal taste by itself? Eating it as a snack. How many calories does it have?

*sigh*

I've been like this for most of my adult life and I worry about colon cancer as a result.

Good luck Loriely; I don't have IBS so have no advice to give...just my best wishes!!

wow, never thought my bum would make it to a internet site, but weird, I thought I was the only one..with the bowel stuff and this is before I get my band which is now just days to go...... I have had hard to start and then BOOM!, also if i don;t get to the bathrooom right away also...look out!! Iwonder if obesity has anything to do with that????stree i know,my eating habits how they were i dunno, but me too .

:think Does anyone have any advice for constipation.? I have irritable bowels,and was taken zelnorm but since i had surgery i can.t take it anymore it makes me feel sick. so i have been very uncomfortable lately. i don.t like prune juice.any advice would be very helpfull. thanks

I have IBS as well. Something that works great and is a natural diaretic is FRESH pinapple juice. Has to be fresh from the pinapple. (the pieces work as well.) It will work very fast so don't go anywhere, trust me!

:omg:

I take generic peri-colace as needed.. Walmart brand.

When problems arise, having 2 with my morning coffee makes everything get back in working order.:biggrin1:

How does Fiber One Cereal taste by itself? Eating it as a snack. How many calories does it have?

Fiber One is really low in calories - like 40 per 1/2 cup serving. It's ok tasting dry, a tad bit like sticks and twigs... (just teasing - not that bad) but I like it best with 1/2 cup of skim milk and some splenda to sweeten it. Over all it's less then 100 calories with the milk and has about 16 grams of fiber per serving.

When ever I am having troubles with my bowels I take extra Magnesium. I always take 400mg a day. but when having troubles I take an extra 400mgs and it takes care of it. Things begin to flow smoothly again!! :)