Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice, Tips And Suggestions Needed - Please Help!

It has been six months for me and i am not even at 50 pound loss yet...am i eating too much? Too little? Here is a sample day:

B: 3/4 special k Protein Cereal (it is low fat low carb and 10 gr protein) + 3/4 cup skim milk+ small banana

S: turkey pepperoni and cheese stick

L: chicken with salad + l/f dressing

S: chobani n/f yogurt

D: 3-4 ounces lean protein + veggies or fruit

S: s/f fudge pop (35 calories)

I generally drink 65-80 ounces of Water every day

Too much? Too liitle? Would exercise help? I am really starting to think this is it for me and I have not even gotten into one-derland yet...(7 pounds away..) Help, I am feeling really sad and discouraged...

I think your eating habits seem right to me. Exercise always helps :) It what is helping me to speed my weight loss,start walking at least 30-40 minutes a day from now and on,then if you feel like you can do more do it :)

How many calories are you averaging? It looks like you're doing a good job of eating high Protein, low carbs, and drinking your Water. What's your BMI? I have been a "slow" loser but I started out smaller than a lot of others so that's normal.

Are you exercising at all? Are you losing inches? Many of us have really messed up our metabolisms because of all the yo-yo dieting and becoming more sedentary due to our weight. If you add exercise that will help you to build muscle to burn the fat and it will give your metabolism a boost so that you are burning more calories even when you aren't exercising. Plus, it will help you to lose inches. I do a LOT of walking and hiking each week and it's really helped me lose inches even when the scale isn't moving.

Your diet looks good. Try eating less and then eating a little more. Give your body a jolt to get it back in gear. Also I like the ideal of exercising more. You've come this far, now it's time to sprint! ;)

My highest weight was 272, 255 on surgery day and now 207. My BMI was 41 and now it is 31.5! I have definately lost inches...used to be a 22 in pants and 1x/2x in tops..now, I wear 14/16 in pants and large top....I just feel like exercise will not help and I should be loosing soley on how little I eat...I guess it took me this long to get my wake up call!

My highest weight was 272, 255 on surgery day and now 207. My BMI was 41 and now it is 31.5! I have definately lost inches...used to be a 22 in pants and 1x/2x in tops..now, I wear 14/16 in pants and large top....I just feel like exercise will not help and I should be loosing soley on how little I eat...I guess it took me this long to get my wake up call!

When you look at the stats, you really have come a long way in a short 6 months! Fantastic! Why do you feel that exercise wouldn't help?

I agree-- you really have come a long way in 6 months. Keep doing what you are doing and you will be in onderland in no time!!! Its not over yet!

Thanks everyone..I guess I just feel that I shouldn't have to exercise given that I have had 85% of my stomach removed! but, that is why I say that this is my wake up call! It was my misconception that the weight would just fall off and I would not to do any exercise, which I hate...I guess I know it will help, I just do not understand why I will not do it!

I am really concerned that you have a resistance to exercise. Exercise is beneficial in so many ways that contribute to healthy living. It gives you more energy too. You will be able to do more stuff with your twins too. You would be role modeling a healthy life choice for your children that can help them later in life too.

Please reconsider exercise in your life style. It's a really great feeling when you can get out and actually do things. Oh, btw, muscle helps burn fat faster. ;)

When I do exercise, I feel really good..it is just getting myself to do it...I really have no excuses...we have a full gym at our apt compelx , I am home by 5 pm and my energy level is good..throughout hte day I talk to myself about exercising when I get home and am really positive about it...just when I get home that all goes out the window and I don't do it...I feel like it was back in the dieting days where we would tell outselves.."tomorrow I will diet" or "just one more_____"...maybe it is more pyshcological then I realize?

I've had the same issue, what I do, is I go by the Nike's "Just do it." I just go to the gym, get on the treadmill or recumbant bike, and I stay on it for at least 10 minutes in the beginning. Maybe you can get your hubby or kids to go for a walk with you. It's a start and just schedule it in your day as if that's what you do as well as going to work. Make it fun and exciting. ;)

Make it fun and exciting. ;)

This is key! I have always hated exercising - especially in a gym. BUT, I love to walk outside and hike in the mountains so that's what I do. Just about every day you'll see me out about our neighborhood, walking as fast as I can. I'll be looking at all the new spring flowers, or checking out the different neighbors landscaping, or watching the birds and critters because I'm beginning to know where they are keeping their homes... it doesn't seem like exercise because I'm enjoying myself. It makes all the difference in the world. Otherwise, I just wouldn't have the discipline to do it. And I feel so much stronger and healthier since I began. Like Dorrie said, make it fun and exciting!

When I do exercise, I feel really good..it is just getting myself to do it...I really have no excuses...we have a full gym at our apt compelx , I am home by 5 pm and my energy level is good..throughout hte day I talk to myself about exercising when I get home and am really positive about it...just when I get home that all goes out the window and I don't do it...I feel like it was back in the dieting days where we would tell outselves.."tomorrow I will diet" or "just one more_____"...maybe it is more pyshcological then I realize?

Don't beat yourself up! It's a common experience! I LOVE riding my bike and sometimes I just drag my feet... and when I am out there I am crazy loving it and wonder why I didn't get out earlier and when will I be outhere again?! It's that first little step sometimes that, for some reason, glues us down. But even athletes experience this! For me it's a deal I make to get dressed and get to the location, then, if I don't want to do it, I don't have to do it. HA! I ALWAYS want to when I am ready to go! It's cutting that deal/commitment with myself that's the secret for me.