Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I An Idiot For Buying Clothes I Cannot Fit Into Yet?

Well YES, but:

I hit Onederland, but am still a 16. I went to Quicksilver yesterday and found such cute bathing suits. I wish I knew what bra I will end up with. It's so impossible to wait and winter/spring is when the bathing suits seem to all come out. I bought a large and my daughter said, "I've seen pictures of you. You will probably be a B cup."

For those people that have met goal: Did your Boobs shrink back down? Mine have shrunk considerable so far.

Now pants are easier. The last time I lost weight I got to 130 and a size 6.

Also, my lower stomach will probably not bounce back - hence board shorts. I would like to wear a bikini top though. Do these scars ever fade or get mostly covered by tan?

My gall bladder scars are almost invisible now, and they were very similar to these new ones. Crazy for buying smaller clothes? naaaaaahhhhhh just waiting for the reality to catch up because you know it will!! You got this!!!

For the boobs, do you remember what cup size you were before becoming overweight/obese??? I was a 32/34B cup back in junior high. Same weight today, and I'm a 32/34B. Only thing good that being fat gave me was super nice boobs, now of course, they're just skin bags.

I hit goal at 6.5 months post-op, was a solid 36/38 large C cup, another 25lbs lost over another 4 months, and about 6-8 months of maintenance gave me these tiny skin bags that I have today.

I'm over 2.5 years out, pastey white, can not and do not tan, and every single one of my scars is visible.

HAHAHAHA!!! SKIN BAGS!!! LOL :lol: Empty wallets!!! Ohhhhh If that's the only downside....

OMG! My boobs are deflated bags toooooo. LOL! I'll take it any day. I would thing about plastics, but my body is going to need a lot, so I have to be choosey now! LOL

Like you I was a 32/34B. At this point I don't care if I have skin bags as long as I can stuff them into a swimsuit, truss them up and fake it, I'm fine.

I do notice that even now they are pretty deflated, but like I said, they seem to be fine when compressed ;-)

LOL, I keep thinking of myself like the old National Geographic pictures of the woman with tube boobs.

BTW, I am simply terrified of plastics. I'm not going there.

Well YES, but:

I hit Onederland, but am still a 16. I went to Quicksilver yesterday and found such cute bathing suits. I wish I knew what bra I will end up with. It's so impossible to wait and winter/spring is when the bathing suits seem to all come out. I bought a large and my daughter said, "I've seen pictures of you. You will probably be a B cup."

For those people that have met goal: Did your Boobs shrink back down? Mine have shrunk considerable so far.

Now pants are easier. The last time I lost weight I got to 130 and a size 6.

Also, my lower stomach will probably not bounce back - hence board shorts. I would like to wear a bikini top though. Do these scars ever fade or get mostly covered by tan?

Heck no you're not an idiot! I always bought smaller clothes as incentive to work to get into them and it worked. It was so much fun! I would pull out clothes that I knew were too small and see how far I could get them up. I'd do this ritual about once a month. Then the next month I'd see how much further I could get them up. I often found that within one or two months I was fitting them already... it was such a great feeling!! The best!! I did what I could to keep myself thinking positively about the journey and not focus so much on the scale alone.

Regarding the boobs, well mine did deflate. I went from a 44D to a 34B/C. I had to get them re-inflated. ;)

ETA: My scars have faded over time and my lap band scars are actually darker than my sleeve scars. Go figure.

I was a 34 C in college and I weighed about 130 then. Size 6. I am 160 today and I wear a 36 C or D. I think I will be a 34 C or D when I get to goal. I bought some cute suits already but I cant fit them comfortably yet. I have too much boob hangingn out the sides and the bottoms are a little snug for my tastes. I buy clothes at the thrift store in all sizes. I keep them in rubber maids in my closet labeled by size. I decided not to doubt myself anymore. I will lose all the weight so I am normal sized again. I even bought a few size 4's just for in case. I started this when I got down to a 16. I kept the 16's and 14's hanging and packed the 12's, 10's, 8's and 6's in the rubber maid containers. I have given all the 16's and 14's back to goodwill and now I am throwing out most of my 12's. I unpacked all the tens a few weeks ago and now I wear almost exclusively these. I am getting ready to donate all my 12's and size large shirts. I am loving this!

When I first starting doing this, I was still doubtful that I would achieve my dream of being a size 6 again but I forged ahead anyway! My hubby and I found a Goodwill clearance store and on Saturdays, all their clothes are a quarter! You have to search through table of unfolded clothes but you can find treasures in there and I have been able to find tons of great clothes in all the sizes. I just buy them, wash them, sort them and file them away for later. It has really worked for me. I spend about 15 dollars each time I go and get over 50 items at a time. I have a crapload of clothes! I just donate them back when I get past that size, etc. I am lucky to have found such a place!

also, LIke, missdiva, I picked out a size 10 pair of shorts three months ago. I tried them on and I couldnt get them up my thighs. I kept trying them on every month until I wore them comfortably yesterday! It was so great! I just picked a pair of 8's to do this with and just see how far I can get them up until I finally wear them! You should try this, its awesome!

That's so smart, having clothes in a lot of sizes. I go "closet shopping" since I still have a lot of old clothes that are now starting to fit again, but I should definitely check out Goodwill too...I wonder if mine has that kind fo sale...

We lucked up on this store. It only has clearance items that didnt sell at the normal goodwill. The clothes are normally a whopping .49 cents, except jeans are 2.99. On saturday, however, all clothing is .25 cents, including jeans. We find Abercrombie, Holister, American Eagle, Talbots, Liz Clabourne, Ann Taylor, you name it, I have it. Some things still have tags on them. I even bought some nice suit pants and blouses for court there. Now, dont get me wrong, you have to go through all the old lady and outdated stuff to find the good stuff. Its work, but its worth it. I have not been disappointed yet. And I write off a lot of stuff on my taxes with all the donating I do. :)

What great responses! I do have a lot of clothes that I put in vacuum bags. I think I should get them down and sort them into sizes. I put them all away just hoping I could wear them again. I have some really cool old stuff that never really goes out of style.

Depend on how many size 16s and 14s I have, I will make that trip to Goodwill. They have enough of my stuff, I should take some of their stuff off their hands.

Just remembered. I bought the cool A&F olive bomber jacket with faux fur collar. Jennifer Anistan wore one and everybody just had to have one. I don't care about her much, but I got the jacket on Ebay and it's a junior large. I wonder ...

What great responses! I do have a lot of clothes that I put in vacuum bags. I think I should get them down and sort them into sizes. I put them all away just hoping I could wear them again. I have some really cool old stuff that never really goes out of style.

Depend on how many size 16s and 14s I have, I will make that trip to Goodwill. They have enough of my stuff, I should take some of their stuff off their hands.

Just remembered. I bought the cool A&F olive bomber jacket with faux fur collar. Jennifer Anistan wore one and everybody just had to have one. I don't care about her much, but I got the jacket on Ebay and it's a junior large. I wonder ...

By this winter, it will be too big! lol.. Better wear it while you can!

By this winter, it will be too big! lol.. Better wear it while you can!

True, but I never minded if jackets were somewhat oversized, especially the warm ones. Not the most flattering when it comes to sweatshirt zipup hoodies though. I'm wearing one that I used to struggle to get zipped at the bottom. It is too big now.

I think it is motivating to get closer and closer to fitting something!

The only warning I would have is that people might just skip over a size! i started this journey wearing a 26W/3X. I seemed to have skipped right over a 24W and am wearing 22W (non stretch) pants. I went shopping recently, and in some styles, the 1X fit me better then the 2x and some 22W are too baggy so I went with the 20W even though it is snug still..

One of our surgeons called them "rocks in socks". That will be me I'm afraid. I can't wait to get there and will be saving for my reinflation. Congratulations, you have given me some good ideas.