Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After Surgery...how Many Calories Do You Eat A Day?

I was just curious as to how many calories you eat a day and how much weight you are losing while eating these calories. I know they say I might have to eat as little ass 1000 cal a day, my bmr test said I only burn 1500. I know that is to low so I will eat the 1200 and hope to lose 2-3 pounds per week.

I ate 600-800 during my losing stage and got to goal and beyond quickly. I lost my hunger with surgery and really there was no reason to eat more, I wasn't hungry and I wanted my body to burn its fat reserves as fast as possible. I eat about 1200 now, sometimes more, sometimes less, and it seems to be working out for me.

I'm five weeks out and eat about 500 calories a day. That's about all I can get in. Like Foxbins, I'm not hungry at all, I just eat when I know I'm supposed to...I think that when I can eat regular foods again (in two weeks) my calories may go up, but I can only see it going up to 600-800, at least for a long while.

Oh gosh, there is No WAY I could get in 1200 calories. I'm 5 weeks out & have been on solids for about 2 weeks. It seems virtually impossible to eat more than around 500-600. You'll understand once your sleeved. Maybe after a year or so! It's a good thing! :-)

I'm 3 months out and still eat about 600 - 800 calories a day. I get hungry, but it's very mild. Sometimes I forget to eat. Amazing.

Wow I hope I wont be hungry any more, thats my problem now, Im hungry all the time. This has been so hard to maintain my weight.lol

I'm just over two months out and I average 600-800 a day and try to hit at least 150 calories burned on the treadmill 4-5 days per week (I'm trying to step up the exercise...). I get into trouble if I get into the cheez-its (which I did today!).

If you're making even reasonably healthy food choices it's really hard to take in more than 200 calories at a time - at least it is for me. So far today I've had two cups of Decaf with milk, a cheese stick and probably 200 calories worth of cheez-its. I'm working on a 20 oz zero calorie drink after which I'll have a little of my mom's spagetti sauce for lunch. Who knows what for dinner - maybe a greek yogurt and a few bites of veggies?

I don't get hungry like I used to except for two days per month before my period when I could eat all day long. Head hunger is a hard animal to turn off. Also, sweets don't taste as good as they used to - they leave a bitter aftertaste that lingers long after the pleasure of the sweet food.< /p>

The beauty of this for me is volume- I just can't eat much of whatever I eat and if I do eat too much it comes back up or makes me feel horrible. Sometimes I miss being able to check out of reality with a big plate of food but that generally passes quickly and I do miss being able to drink with my meals. That's tough for me because I love to drink lots of iced tea with my meals...

wow. I wonder, do not get dizzy with 500-600 calories. when I was dieting, 1000 was not even enough for me. my reply might sound ridiculous, but I am still on the research of the operations.