Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random Delay Rant

Started this process and was on the waiting list by mid-october 2011. Have been waiting for my number to come up since. I am getting my surgery through military routes and was assured everyone on the list goes in the order they signed up in. Got my date, March 19th. They then continued to schedule out to April 3rd. Went and picked up all my pre-op liquid diet stuff. Got a call 2 days later saying they were moving me to April 9th. When I asked about the dates on April 3rd I was told no surgeries were being done on that day. Later she revised herself and said no openings are available on that day. On the April 3rd date, they scheduled the person that has been one behind me on the list since October and a girl that has been on the list since December! I am willing to bet that girl is an officers wife and am really p.o.'ed at this system right now. I was assured everyone will go in the appropriate order and then find out it is a rule of thumb that is really led by convenience. I know it is only a week, and I am almost certain there is a reason for it, but I am just soooooo annoyed by being lied to. I am also now very nervous about the honesty of parts of my team frown.png Please pray for me. I have put off graduate school for a year to get this surgery and just can't put it off any more. Thanks for listening to my rant. I tried to get this out on a FB page that I am part of and the moderator attempted to belittle my negativity. I left the group because that did not seem to be the "support" group it pretended to be. I am working hard at getting some weight off pre-op. I am excited to start my life. I have so many things I have put on hold. The good news is, I got my bloodwork done and other than my Iron being a hair low, the fish oil I have been taking since September completely leveled out my cholesterol problem! I am going to take this extra time and make use of it by getting some home projects done.

You are not being negative at all. I think most people would be mad. Luckily it is just a week and some home projects will get done. Keep persevering and you will be thin well before you finish your graduate studies! What a way to enter the workforce! Congrats.

It is so frustrating when you are constantly minimized by places. It is completely unethical to delay your surgery and lie about it on top of it. It is hard to trust anyone when they lie to you. You are just as important as anyone else is and no one has the right to tell you different. Treasure yourself and tell yourself that you are important. Sorry you had to experience this S___! Thoughts are with you! ;) Your day will soon be here. ;)

Hang in there Ivy. It's going to be worth it.

I know it's hard to be marginalized by other people -- I had to put off my surgery because my elderly mother broke her leg and there was no one else to run interference on her. And then my husband wanted me to put it off because it was inconvenient for me to do it on my second date.

And all the while, I was thinking -- when is it my turn to take care of myself with surgery instead of everybody else?

I know its not exactly the same thing, but having other people rearrange your life for you sure throws you off balance.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Best,

Carol

Wow! Just like a military jump (stand by for military flights) where an officer or their spouse can bump you off. Now rank does have it's privileges in some cases, this should be forbidden in medicine.

Thanks all. I appreciate the kind words. The doc who is doing my surgery has been deployed for a year and in December they got new equipment so now only need to make 3 incisions. I have made this okay with myself because it just gives him about 16 more people in front of me to practice on instead of half of that. I am sure everything happens for a reason, but I agree military status should have nothing to do with medicine. I will be so glad when we are no longer military. My husband suckered me in to begin with and hopefully I will be able to support us so that he can get his education too. I don't want to play these games anymore.

Carol,

You did get your sleeve right?

Longer-life. Unfortunately it is actually 3 weeks difference, but a week behind people who have no right to be in front of me. I'll use the time to get stuff done :)

Carol,

You did get your sleeve right?

Ivy:

Happily, I did get my sleeve Dec. 27, which technically was the second date. My third date choice was Jan. 10 and hubby also didn't want to do that because it was a couple of days before he would go overseas (he works in West Africa.) So we went back to the second date which was better because the third date would have cost us more in deductibles.

I put it in my signature on my posts and lots of people put miscellaneous stuff in their signatures. I forget that if you haven't been around this forum for long, you might not look there. Makes it easier than repeatedly putting it in your posts.

I like that they'll be practicing on other people before you get your sleeve!! Sixteenth time is a charm!!!

I'll be looking forward to hearing how things go!!

Carol

Carol,

Actually I spotted your weight loss ticker and just didn't look up. Silly me. :) Keep up the great work!

When I try to unsubscribe through email I get this message:

[#pcgl-2] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.