Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just poste this on the pre-sleevers section but thought some of you might find it helpful here too. I was killing time in Barnes and Noble friday night waiting for a friend and as I browsed the cookbook section, it was like this book was put there especially for me. There was one copy, completely out of place and ended up right in front of me. Its the Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies. Its great, has a ton of great tips to get you through the first four diet stages and then a lot of great recipes post op. It is really more than a cookbook, its a kind of "What to Expect When your Expecting/After Weight loss Surgery" as far as eating, drinking, getting Vitamins in, nutrition, best practices, etc. And then also has a lot of recipes. I wish I had it before I had surgery.

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Surgery-Cookbook-Dummies/dp/0470640189/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331559451&sr=8-1

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Thank you....I just bought The Everything Weightloss Surgery book, but haven't had a chance to read it....I will look into this book as well...

I have this book and love it. It has some great recipes for things that are a little different, so you won't get bored with the same old thing. I am actually going through it today and planning some meals for this week!

I was (and am) such a foodie, that I bought four books right after weight loss surgery.

My favorite is Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. Good advice and recipes and it tells you how to adjust them for wherever you are in your weight loss or whatever surgery you've had.

I'm reading three others in bits and pieces:

- Before & After: Living and Eating Well After Weight-Loss Surgery by Susan Maria Leach

- Eat It Up! The Complete Mid/Body/Spirit Guide to a Full Life After Weight Loss Surgery by Connie Stapleton, PhD

- The EVERYTHING Post Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook by Jennifer Whitlock Heisler, RN

My other favorite is the Paleo Comfort Foods Cookbook by Julie and Charles Mayfield. I have made so many good things from that cookbook and it's always consistently good. It works well for me because I really love Protein and veggies and that's mostly what the recipes comprise. I love the Ham and Egg Cups which are beautiful enough for a holiday brunch. The Mashed Cauliflower recipe in there is my favorite and I plan to make their Bangers and Mash (with the aforementioned Mashed Cauliflower) for St. Patrick's Day. No green beer for me on that day though. The thought of beer just revolts me.

Have a fantastic, skinnier day!!

Carol

Thanks, Joiebean! I just bought it using your link. :)

It gets excellent reviews just about everytime. I have "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies" and "The Real Skinny on Weigh Loss Surgery". I hope to read them over the next month or so (I am also back in college so ALOT of other reading first - grrrr!).

So far WLSFD seems simplictic but informative and the other is a bit more involved but well explained...

I just poste this on the pre-sleevers section but thought some of you might find it helpful here too. I was killing time in Barnes and Noble friday night waiting for a friend and as I browsed the cookbook section, it was like this book was put there especially for me. There was one copy, completely out of place and ended up right in front of me. Its the Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies. Its great, has a ton of great tips to get you through the first four diet stages and then a lot of great recipes post op. It is really more than a cookbook, its a kind of "What to Expect When your Expecting/After Weight loss Surgery" as far as eating, drinking, getting Vitamins in, nutrition, best practices, etc. And then also has a lot of recipes. I wish I had it before I had surgery.

http://www.amazon.co...31559451&sr=8-1

Just thought I'd pass it along.

joiebean i checked w/B & N - they are putting a copy away for me that i'm on my way to buy. Also another cookbook suggested. thanx so much

best

kathy

I just went and bought the cook book for dummies WLS I am excited about getting it...I also bought getting the most Protein cookbook.

My family is not gonna know what hit them!

LOL, I love to cook so I will be cooking and they will be eating healthier....without even knowing it.

After hearing all these comments, y'all have inspired me!! I think I need another book -- the Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies.

Oh well, as long as I'm still counting on my fingers, I guess I'm OK.

Thanks for the information! Just ordered my copy! Really looking for recipes that Hubs will eat when I move to that full meal stage. Right now eating just Protein it's easy because I just fix high protein meats and the rest of the meal he gets. It's just hard cutting down recipes right now so there is no waste. Can't wait to thumb through this book...I have had several "For Dummies" books over the years and have enjoyed every single one of them! Blessings~Melanie:)

I bought "Recipes for life after weight loss surgery" the revised/updated version for nook by Margaret Furtado. Lots of recipes and includes some sleeve specific info.