Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Those Of You At Or Close To Goal....

How long did it take you to get there and how much did you lose? I see so much variety on this board and enjoy hearing about different journeys and successes :)

I just reached my goal a few days ago. It took me 9.5 months and I lost 116 lbs. I was very close 7 months out but those last few pounds took some time to get off. I probably could have lost more faster but I was concentrating on toning up and building muscle while I was losing weight. I think it was a success because I have very little loose skin. I do however still have some lower belly fat and lovehandles but they are a lot smaller now. I have gone from a 52 pant to a size 36 and a 4x shirt to large and medium size now.

Since I reached my goal, I am going to reassess the situation. I think I am going to get to somewhere between 190 and 195, I want to leave some room to build more muscle and not fluxuate more than 5 lbs. I will NEVER weigh 200 lbs. again.

I just reached my goal a few days ago. It took me 9.5 months and I lost 116 lbs. I was very close 7 months out but those last few pounds took some time to get off. I probably could have lost more faster but I was concentrating on toning up and building muscle while I was losing weight. I think it was a success because I have very little loose skin. I do however still have some lower belly fat and lovehandles but they are a lot smaller now. I have gone from a 52 pant to a size 36 and a 4x shirt to large and medium size now.

Since I reached my goal' date=' I am going to reassess the situation. I think I am going to get to somewhere between 190 and 195, I want to leave some room to build more muscle and not fluxuate more than 5 lbs. I will NEVER weigh 200 lbs. again.[/quote']

Wow congratulations on your success what was your starting wright if you don't mind me asking? How soon after surgery did you start working out? What workout work best? Sorry for all the questions just want to be prepared when it is finally my turn.

Great question Meggspeggs. I too will look forward to reading the replies.

I am 19+mths out and not at my goal weight...I've lost 73lbs and been in weight loss stall from hell (lol) since the end of Oct, bouncing up and down the same 3-5 lbs... BUT ... today I bought a pair of size UK14 boyfriend cut jeans and they FIT!! I am also wearing a pair of 14 cotton combat shorts that also FIT.... so techincally I have reached my 'size goal'.

I will however endeavour to lose 'til my I get to, at least, my surgeon's goal weight which is 12-14lbs more. Then I will review how I feel, look and what size I end up at. I have given myself to the end of 2012... and wherever I am then, that is where I will stay and stay for good!! Remember, I am a really slow loser... but a loser nonetheless... and I have to say, the scenic route is beautiful!!

Well I've been at goal +/- 3lb since mid December, and it took me 11.5 months to lose 82lbs.

I feel slightly lost now that I'm not focussing on losing, and I think I am really starting on the psychological journey now.

Anyway, it is all good and I have no regrets, I have gone from UK size 24, to a 10/12, and from 48-42-48 to 38-30-36 (although at least 3in of that is skin now).

I may be tempted into trying to drop another 7lb or so to give me a margin of error, but things are pretty static and comfortable at the moment.

Good luck in your journey, no matter how long it takes, it is totally worth it! xx

I'm just over a year out and I've lost 100lbs ( although I vary 5-10lbs throughout the month)

Start weight 229

Weight now 129-135

Start size 24/26

Size now 8 ( woohoo- I'm in single digits!!!!) but sometimes size 10 still

I have quite a bit extra skin from my navel down, but my upper bash looks good - other than my poor deflated (.)(.)

Lol

well, here's my story.....

Had surgery on May 27th 2011, weighing in at a whopping 196 lbs, I'm 5'3 and was told I was in the obease catagory. By thanksgiving, i reached my goal of losing 70 lbs, (in 6 months time) i have since then lost another 6 lbs, now weighing in at 119 lbs.

I did this by following the diet the dr. set fourth for me. i'm now a size 2, (from a 14/16 in pants) I'm trying to maintain the weight and not keep losing, my trouble is that I'm so dead set against putting foods in my mouth that are not "good" foods, that the pounds keep comming off. The foods that I eat are 100% on my mind all the time, i'm so afraid to put weight back on. I think i'm getting a little obsessed.....lol.

I have very little loose skin, but I have been excersizing like crazy to work on that area also.

My advise, iff you have hit a stall, look at the foods that you are eating, watch your calorie intake, make sure the foods you are chosing to eat have Protein, and low calories, low carbs, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!

Best of luck to everyone, i'd do this all again in a heart beat, it's been a wonderful experience and no complications at all.

well, here's my story.....

Had surgery on May 27th 2011, weighing in at a whopping 196 lbs, I'm 5'3 and was told I was in the obease catagory. By thanksgiving, i reached my goal of losing 70 lbs, (in 6 months time) i have since then lost another 6 lbs, now weighing in at 119 lbs.

I did this by following the diet the dr. set fourth for me. i'm now a size 2, (from a 14/16 in pants) I'm trying to maintain the weight and not keep losing, my trouble is that I'm so dead set against putting foods in my mouth that are not "good" foods, that the pounds keep comming off. The foods that I eat are 100% on my mind all the time, i'm so afraid to put weight back on. I think i'm getting a little obsessed.....lol.

I have very little loose skin, but I have been excersizing like crazy to work on that area also.

My advise, iff you have hit a stall, look at the foods that you are eating, watch your calorie intake, make sure the foods you are chosing to eat have Protein, and low calories, low carbs, and DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!!

Best of luck to everyone, i'd do this all again in a heart beat, it's been a wonderful experience and no complications at all.

I'd love to have a list of your foods! Congrats on your success!

I am 7 months out and am about 30 lbs from goal. I started at around 265 and my goal is 150. I'm hoping to be at goal by the end of May but I think that might be a little aggressive . . . we'll see!

I am 7 months out and am about 30 lbs from goal. I started at around 265 and my goal is 150. I'm hoping to be at goal by the end of May but I think that might be a little aggressive . . . we'll see!

You can do it!!!!!!!!

here are some of the foods I eat daily, not all of this in a day though....lol

Breakfast type items:

greek yogurt (dannon oikos brand) only one I found that I actually liked.

eggs

kashi go lean Cereal

cottage cheese

Protein shakes

muscle milk

lunch type tems:

deli sliced lunch meat, mostly chicken or turkey

chicken breast

tuna (home canned)

cottage cheese

chili

chicken type Soups (nothing creamy tho)

left overs from a previous dinner

celery stick w/ Peanut Butter

Protein Bar

Protein Drink

Dinner Type Items:

Chicken

Salmon

Turkey breast

shrimp

lean red meats

vineson burger (lean)

broccoli

carrots

corn (home canned, no sugar)

potatoes....only about once a week, maybe once every 2 weeks

fruit occasionally...

we go out to dinner about once a week, I always pick the entre, and hubby and I split, I eat about 15% he eats about 85% of the meal.

Snack type foods:

String cheese

cottage cheese

babybell cheese

wasa cracker w/ Peanut Butter

rice crackers w/ cheese and a red pepper jelly on top ...mmmmmm

nuts

celery w/ peanut butter

apple slices w/ peanut butter

Protein Bar

Plenty of Water......I get around 100 oz per day, often more. i have to use the little crystal light on the go packets to flavor my Water, or i'd never be able to drink this much daily.

this has been my diet for the last 9 months, there are many choices, so I'm not eating the same things over and over and getting bored with food. As you can see, i'm not eating things that are not good for me, and the amount of food I'm able to eat is small. I'm staying away from all creamy foods, Pasta, breads, soda, sugar, etc. if I start eating those items again, i'm afraid the weight will slowly creep back on.

I hope this helps those of you who were inquiring as to what i eat daily. this has worked great for me, i hope it works for you.

here are some of the foods I eat daily, not all of this in a day though....lol

Breakfast type items:

greek yogurt (dannon oikos brand) only one I found that I actually liked.

eggs

kashi go lean Cereal

cottage cheese

Protein shakes

muscle milk

lunch type tems:

deli sliced lunch meat, mostly chicken or turkey

chicken breast

tuna (home canned)

cottage cheese

chili

chicken type Soups (nothing creamy tho)

left overs from a previous dinner

celery stick w/ Peanut Butter

Protein Bar

Protein Drink

Dinner Type Items:

Chicken

Salmon

Turkey breast

shrimp

lean red meats

vineson burger (lean)

broccoli

carrots

corn (home canned, no sugar)

potatoes....only about once a week, maybe once every 2 weeks

fruit occasionally...

we go out to dinner about once a week, I always pick the entre, and hubby and I split, I eat about 15% he eats about 85% of the meal.

Snack type foods:

String cheese

cottage cheese

babybell cheese

wasa cracker w/ Peanut Butter

rice crackers w/ cheese and a red pepper jelly on top ...mmmmmm

nuts

celery w/ peanut butter

apple slices w/ peanut butter

Protein bar

Plenty of Water......I get around 100 oz per day, often more. i have to use the little crystal light on the go packets to flavor my Water, or i'd never be able to drink this much daily.

this has been my diet for the last 9 months, there are many choices, so I'm not eating the same things over and over and getting bored with food. As you can see, i'm not eating things that are not good for me, and the amount of food I'm able to eat is small. I'm staying away from all creamy foods, Pasta, breads, soda, sugar, etc. if I start eating those items again, i'm afraid the weight will slowly creep back on.

I hope this helps those of you who were inquiring as to what i eat daily. this has worked great for me, i hope it works for you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of this. I really appreciate it! There's so much great info here :)

Max weightloss was 72 lbs (down to 136). Reached goal (145 lbs) just under 6 months post-op.