Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Here From Los Angeles,ca That Can Give Me Info Please?

Hey everyone Im new to this community :) and Im just so exited to chat with all of you :)

So Im 21 yrs old and I have PCOS :*( those that know what PCOS is you guys now that its really hard to lose weight and get pregnant. So Im married, I've been trying to have a baby. But being overweight will not let me :*( Im in week 10 for Options class in Kaiser and I will be getting surgery on West LA but Im just nervous does it take a long time to get the surgery ? Im 5'4 and I weight 227 they told me to lose 5-10% of what I weight but I've only lost 9 pounds. Its really hard my pouch is not small yet lol. Anyways can anyone give me feedback on West La ? How long did it take you to get you surgery date after Options Program ? thanks to all of you :] and hope you all have a safe/blessed weekend <3

I'm not in LA neither do I have an answer as I had my surgery in Mexico so all that was by passed but I do hope someone answers welcome to the boards someone will answer from there

sorry i am not in West La Either. but i am going to the Corona Kaiser, so i can tell you my experience at that Kaiser dont know how similar it was to West La- My options class finished the 1st week of January. i met with the surgeon on Wed- and they had availability to schedule my surgery as soon as April 16th. Hope that time line kind of helps you out.

Thanks starsleeve :D

But why did it take soooo long ???

lol

Did the surgeon make you lose more weight ? or did you meet your 5-10% at options class ??

I'm from LA but I went through Cedars. I did not have to lose weight before surgery. But my journey from first visit with my primary care physician for referral to actual surgery was about 9 months.

Sorry i am trying to learn how to use this app on my phone. But to answer ur question my surgeon did say i should continue to loose weight up until my surgery date. But up until the it didnt seem like that big of a deal on how much was lost.

Hi

I was sleeved at Kaiser West LA. My surgeon was Dr. Casillas. It took me approximately 2 months after my consult with the surgeon to be called by the scheduler to get a surgery date. It has been great so far. I'm a week and a half post op. I can tell you as far as the weight loss, if you are assigned to Dr. Casillas, do NOT gain any weight or he will reschedule. I gained 1/2 lb and he canceled my surgery and I was put back on the surgery appt wait list. Which by the way took another 2 months to get a surgery date another 2 months away.

All in all, West LA is great as well as Dr. Casillas.

No regrets here!

OMG :( for reals that is just mess up. If you dont mind me asking how much do you weight ? Or how many did you weight when he saw you for the first time ? what can I expect the first consultation ? OMG Im just anxious LOL SORRY. Did you loss weight over at options program ? give me details please :)

Hi

I was 262 lbs when I started the options program. By the time I saw the surgeon for the consult. I was down another 12 lbs. When I went for my pre op I was 5 more lbs down. I had to return the day before surgery to meet with the bariactric nurse to watch a video on post op care. It was in the afternnoon, I had just had lunch and when the weighed me, I was 1/2 lbs more. The surgeon canceled my surgery. In the end, i was glad I had the chance to lose some more weight. I really feel that it was instrumental in my recovery. I am a week and have and half post op and I have lost 18 lbs so far.

Kaiser WLA was great, I have no complaints!

WOW!! Thanks for telling me all this, I appreciate it :D Im 5'4 and I weight 226 I started Options Program @ 235 but Im down 9 pounds but still NOT my 5 or 10% lol so thats why Im worried. I mean I don't want them to back my surgery ugh!! Im just stressing out. I just want to get surgery and start losing weight!! lol :D anyways CONGRATS on your journey :) how old are you ? I just turn 21 a couple days ago lol and Im from the San Fernando Valley ;)

Congrats on you journey! It has been by far the best thing I have done besides my kids. I am in Burbank and double your age :). I have a son a few years older than you! Good luck and if you have any other questions I can help you with please please don't hesitate to ask. I'm no pro at this but I know it helps to have someone going through something similar.