Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Be An Encouragement To Newcomers

What is your latest NSV (non scale victories) ?

I will start....

I have two that are huge to me.

I am 4 weeks out today

1) I can wear my wedding rings again! Yeahhhh and my husband is really happy about it.

2) I noticed I was crossing my legs in church this morning without any effort. I can not remember the last time I could do that. :) :) :)

I can now see my nether regions without looking in a mirror.....................

I am a normal weight. It is nice to go to the doctor and no longer fear the scale.< /p>

it will be six weeks on tues!!!!

1. fitting in old clothes that i have kept in a box.

2. i cleaned my whole house last night without getting tired.

• I wear a small or medium in tops and a 6 or 8 in pants. I just bought a darling dress at Target for $8 in a size 10.
  • I can tie my shoes without huffing.
  • There is room for a small child and me in a chair that used to fit only me.
  • My legs don' rub together when I walk.
  • There's a ton of room in my bathtub and all of me fits under the Water line.
  • I don't hurt when I wake up. My feet don't hurt. My knees don't hurt.
  • I enjoy my group exercise classes and I feel good afterwards.
  • I don't have leakage issues when I laugh hard or sneeze.
  • I am super comfy when I cross my legs.
  • I'm off my blood pressure and cholesterol meds.
  • I am comfy in the plane seat and the car seat.

Lynda

OMG! there are so many but I can't think of any!

Changing ring sizes 2x

None of my old clothes fit me

new pants that I bought 2 months ago are baggy

I wear m shirts

size 10 jeans

size 8 pants

1 of my favorite M blouses is a little toooo big.

More energy

loosing in inches

more room in seats

The person I'm working with is tongue wagging all the time and telling me how good I look.

And there's a lot more. I'm truly grateful that I had this procedure, it has changed my whole life. ;)

thanks all. You really are all an encouragement to me. I am just 3 weeks post-op and I can't even imagine what it will be like a year from now. I still don't dare to hope. I have always been fat. Always. It's going to be like an alternate universe experience.....

thanks all. You really are all an encouragement to me. I am just 3 weeks post-op and I can't even imagine what it will be like a year from now. I still don't dare to hope. I have always been fat. Always. It's going to be like an alternate universe experience.....

Spatters,

I felt the same way, I still do in many ways, I can not imagine not being heavy. Only 4 weeks out and I can fit in jeans I haven't worn in a long long time. lol . I do not see a lot of change but am beginning to feel a lot of change! :)

I'm 11-weeks out.

1. Learning when is when in my new tummy. I like this one because I cannot believe that I only eat this much food.< br />
  2. Emptying out my entire closet which I completed this past friday
  3. Buying clothes in the regular women's area and not the plus sized XL tops and 16's at this time!
  4. Buying my 1st pair of size 14 jeans...yeah, I think I was in high school the last time I did that.
  5. Buying shoes because I lost a shoe size.
  6. Hearing all the wonderful compliments instead of seeing people look down at me because of my weight.
  7. Crossing my legs...I so missed doing that.
  8. Hearing my husband tell me I'm beautiful.
  9. Hearing my dad tell me how proud he is of me.
  10. Knowing I can workout and love it.
  11. Knowing I have control now.

I remembered another from yesterday, I ran playing tag football with my grandbabies yesterday. Can not believe I did not list that one!!!

Well I'm only 13 days out BUT my big accomplishment is watching the scale go DOWN for the first time in years! Down 16 numbers to be exact!! :-)

My surgery was just back on 2/22/12, but I am already off of my high blood pressure medicine. When I went for my post op visit with my surgeon back on Thursday, my blood pressure without my meds was great. So, I asked whether or not I needed to start up my meds again and he said no.

That's AWESOME malyss

~ I love seeing my collarbone when I look in the mirror

~ I love that I can run up the stairs at work without getting winded rather than slowly lumbering up them

~ I love seeing people who haven't seen me in a while and enjoying their puzzled looks

~ I LOVE buying clothes in the regular section of the store rather than the women's section - and realizing that XL shirts are too big!!