Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Letter To My Skinny Self

I'm just beginning my "journey" and your letter outlined every single reason why I want to have this done. Thank you. I hope you're able to accomplish all your goals and more!!!

Oh my goodness, you all and these darn letters making me cry. It's like you reached in my head! Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Bed head- I missed this the first time so I am glad you bumped it. Beautifully crafted letter!

Best to you both :)

Sandy

OMG....love this! Thank you so much for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using VST

How did you get into my head and get my thoughts out without me knowing?! That was amazing and so very much how I feel and my reasons for going through this journey. Thank you for sharing this, making me cry and also just echoing exactly how I feel, reminding me that there are so many here that know exactly what I feel! Bless us all <3

I'm so glad you guys like it! I know that if anyone on this planet can understand exactly how I feel and exactly what I wrote- it's my fellow sleevers!

Beautifully written! Now that I'm closer to being at goal than any previous diet I've ever been on, I find that I am left with the skin, etc. but I *knew* that going in, I wasn't coming out with a super-model body. Some days are worse than others, but mostly I'm grateful to be here. And you are right because I never want to forget what it's like to live life in a larger body, I never want to go back!

I have forgotten what it was like to "live" morbidly obese, and that's not good. This weekend I went to a prom-themed charity event and wore a miniscule dress the size of a postage-stamp and teetery platform pumps with what had to be at least 6 inch heels. And yet, I look in the mirror and don't properly see any difference between now and then. That's effed up! I was a 26/28 at my heaviest, why can't I remember the exhaustion, the humiliation, the constant sorrow? Maybe I am self-protecting because it is difficult to face just how horrible it was, after all, hiding and denial were how I survived for so long in that prison of my body. hmm. I don't want to go back, I want to authentically feel proud of this accomplishment, yet I don't feel yet that I've done anything to warrant such pride.

That is awesome!