Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits, It's August!!!!

LapBandit your my HERO!!! Your weight loss is AMAZING!!!! I am doing well, but I can totally relate to Dimples. I have lost 53+/_ . I too tend to loose and regain the same 3-4 lbs. I will say that I havn't weighed since last week. I was gone for a week and just got back to my gym this past Monday. I started my "cycle" so I don't want to weigh until it's over. So, hopefully by this Friday I can weigh with good news. THe last time I weighed I was 229. I have been there for about 3 weeks. (229-232) I will be estatic if I get on the scale and it reads 227 or less. Then I know I have beat that 4lb cycle. I have found with my band that if I don't work out I don't loose! This tends to get depressing at times, but it has also kept me very honest. There are days where I feel like I can eat anything and that gets aggrevating. It's been very HOT here, so I tend to want smoothies, cold coffee drinks and the dredded ice-cream. I just know that if I splurge on one of these treats then I have to work extra hard at the gym!! The weekly weigh-ins on LBT help me a lot, because I don't want to report bad news, even though it does happen from time to time. We all need to stay as positive as possible and just keep giving each other encouraging words!!

Keep up the good work girls!!!!!!!!! And for those of you that are struggling...... tomorrow is a new day!!

;)

Picardy, I didn't know what a PITA was, but finally figured it out......duh me!!!! Did you tell these people what you were having done, if not, what do you say to them all. I haven't told many people and I am running out of excuses, especially last week when I couldn't get any food down and people wondered why!

Well I am better now in last day with the unfill, will give it a week though, as I was a bit hungry so maybe I still need some tweaking.

YIPPEEE,Everyone, I went to the gym for the first time in ages, did 40 mins walking and cross-trainer, oh and a few arm weights, hope I can do it again tomorrow, I used to like the gym!

Wow, lapbandit, congrats on your success. Everyone! I have 4 pounds until I will be under 90 kgs!! I am going to try hard this week! Susan let us know what happens with the port review!

XX Amourette!:)

Amourette: that is awesome about the exercise! YEEEHAAAAA

EVERYONE is doing great....just keep on pluggin' away!

I hear y'all about the same 4 lbs thing.....ugh!!! And I hate that we have the damn period every month....it seems we can never get a true handle on what is happening.....except I do like my weigh in a week after it!! heheh!

Your weight loss is absolutely astonishing, LapBandit. What an inspiration you are! Kudos on arriving back in Twoterville!

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments! I was pretty happy about getting back into Twoterville and I needed to share!

It's a great feeling to actually have a new lifestyle (and not just some fad diet) helping me accomplish what I've failed at for so long. I'm really happy that I have my band. I still feel like I'm working pretty hard but knowing that this "thing" is inside me for a purpose and it keeps me on track.

You guys are awesome and I'm proud of all of us!

Picardy, I didn't know what a PITA was, but finally figured it out......duh me!!!! Did you tell these people what you were having done, if not, what do you say to them all.

I only told three people before my surgery, but once I got back and people were asking why I was out, I told everybody. There are a couple of people who are now looking into the lapband because I shared my experience with them.

Glad you figured out PITA. She showed us again today just how nuts she is. Today and tomorrow are work days in our rooms so we can get ready for the kids on Monday. Anyway, at 5 min to noon, she comes on the speaker and tells us that we can leave for lunch at noon but only have 30 min. I've been teaching for 15 years in three different districts. We've always had an hour for lunch on workdays, but not with her. Crazy!

Wow... I've been gone for a bit and I come back and everyone is doing so well. Lapbandit... what can I say, except CONGRATS! I was away in the Bahamas with my kids (no DH as he couldn't get away from work) and it was literally paradise. Kids had a great time and although I ate more than usual, I made sure I went to the gym to work out a bit to burn the excess calories from food and those bahama mama's!!!! Now it's back to reality and getting things done for my baby brother's wedding next month, getting the kids ready for school, getting my daughter ready for dance starting up soon and everything else, I've had no time to get online. I have received great news... no more diabetes, and my blood pressure is NORMAL!!! No more medication!!!!! I have been on blood pressure medication for the past 10 years and they took me off. My knees don't hurt, and my heel spurs don't hurt either. I can finally wear super flat shoes. My doc told me I am no longer "morbidly" obese. Just plain old obese. She said it won't be long until I am no longer obese. Can't wait!!! Has anyone had this problem: you know you lost weight, because the scale tells you so, your clothes tell you so, other people tell you so, but no matter how hard you try to see it, when you look in the mirror, you just can't see it. I told my doc that I now know how anorexic's feel. She seems to think I need to go to her monthly support group. Is anyone else feeling like this?

Hey Sugar....ur loss has been AMAZING!!!! I see you have had several fills...sneaking up on restriction I guess.....so....do you feel you are at the right restriction...is that partly why the great weight loss?

aaaaah, Bahamas!!! ya should have told me, I would have gone in place of your hubby!!! LOL

Again, WELL DONE!

Thanks Yoda. My doc doesn't like to do big fills for fear of overfill. I think I do have restriction and I am also VERY careful of what I put in my mouth. I was even careful in the Bahamas, and like I said, because I ate more, I exercised in the gym at night, which I don't usually do. I am a very determined person. When I first had my consultation for the surgery, the doc said I probably won't see less than 200 lbs ever. Well, don't tell me I can't do something because I will put your words back in your mouth, so that's why I am so determined. Plus, I have my brother's wedding next month and want to lose as much as possible by then. Hey Yoda, I am going on a cruise to the caribbean next year.... wanna come... no hubby again... he's afraid of water... lol

LOL @ Sugar!! He's afraid of Water and so you pick a cruise for your holiday?!!! You tryin' to tell him something!!! heheeh!!! Poor guy!

Has anyone had this problem: you know you lost weight, because the scale tells you so, your clothes tell you so, other people tell you so, but no matter how hard you try to see it, when you look in the mirror, you just can't see it. I told my doc that I now know how anorexic's feel. She seems to think I need to go to her monthly support group. Is anyone else feeling like this?

Yes, I am struggling with this myself. I feel happy with my progress, I feel great but still I just can't really see a change. It doesn't help that I haven't really changed clothes sizes yet. I'm down one size after 100 pounds so I just can't wrap my head around it. But, I figure...if someone you didn't tell about the surgery notices that you've lost weight then I'd say it's safe to believe them!!

Well I feel so down today, I could have sat down in the middle of the supermarket while shopping and burst into tears, I don't know why........I feel a little sad about being lonely, and money problems........it is hard, how do you pull yourself out of situations.....I had my friends for lunch today and tried to talk about it but they are in their little family unit with a 18 month old and one on the way and I couldn't make them see how I was feeling, and how I don't have the support system of another person.

Sorry to blub!

XX Amourette:(

awww...I'm sorry your feeling so bad amourette. But I hear ya! I'm having problems at home right now too, with work and moving and all that. Plus I feel like I can't eat right because I'm so rushed all the time, which is contributing to my poor success. It sucks when there just isn't any one around to talk to. I hope things get better. Pm me if you ever want to chat!

Sorry to hear you are having troubles Amourette....I know it is little consoltion, but "we" are here for you!

Maybe you have more of a support system then you think (in person)....just perhaps look wider and broaden your circle?