Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandits, It's August!!!!

[quote name=kristielynn

Please tell me somebody can see a difference!!!!! I don't think I can.

The first pic is from Feb before surgery and the second is from July exactly 3 months out.[/quote]

I can ABSOLUTELY see a difference!!! Your face definitely shows a difference....more contoured now. Well done, you have done a GREAT job. By the way....you have SUCH a pretty face and a beautiful smile! Love the lipstick!

Thank you so much Yoda and Amourette I have taken some more pics where you can see my body I'm kinda skeered to put them side by side. But I'm gonna do it anyways cuz I just have to know. You to can have that lipstick Yoda!!!!

OH MY GOSH! I go back to work tomorrow! Summer vacation is over! :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Anyway, glad to hear our group is doing well. I think I'm down about 40 lbs. My scale keeps fluctuating so it's probably a good thing I'm going back to work. I'll finally get back on a regular eating schedule. Right now I eat when ever I feel hungry, which some days is a lot and some days very little. Nobody from work has seen me all summer so tomorrow should be interesting. I'm definitely wearing smaller clothes than at the end of the year. In fact the pants that I'm now wearing are beginning to get a bit of a saggy butt, but I'm not shopping for new ones until these are falling off of me.

Kristie I can definitelly see a big difference in your face (only because your pics arent whole body:-) Your eyes sttick out more and you look skinnier. Great job.You look fabulous!! I like the lipstick in your second pic (what color and company is it,.-)

Amourette, so how is it with your overfill? I hope you are ok! I havent been blessed with a fill yet:-)

Well, I have been out of the loop for a while. Was banded on April 27th 2006 and have lost 43lbs. I have had two fills and right now have NO restriction what so ever. I keep losing the same 3lbs over and over and over..... ;-( I am scheduled for my third fill on August 18th.. Hopefully this one will work... I tell ya, I can eat anything and everything... Right now.. nothing gets stuck or is difficult for me to swallow... I'm a little afraid that I will get back to my old habits... HELP!!!!

Glad to see you around, haven't heard from you in a while, did you do anything exciting for your vacation? Ooooh do write and let us know what people say when you go back! Surely someone will say something.......!!!!

Dimples I don't think you will ever return to the bad habits from before, is your doctor approachable to talk things over? I guess I am lucky as my surgeon ( and there are only 3 in New Zealand) lives a 10 min drive away, so I can be there in a shot.

HOWEVER, I was away today and had to come home (30 min flight) because I needed some fill out, I was only able to get down 3 cups of liquid in 48 hours and was starting to get a bit concerned, do you all get that horrible gurgly sound and feeling as well...........so I am back home now, 35 mins later and feel ok, but will see how it goes over next day or two, thank goodness the doc is so close!

XX Amourette:omg:

Hey all,

I haven't been around much lately but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I've only lost around 20lbs since my surgery on April 26th. I keep gaining and losing the same 4lbs as well. I have only had 1 fill and at this point I have no restriction. I need another one, but my doc is on vacation this month and next month I'm going back to the states for 3 weeks, so probably only in October will I be able to get another fill.

I have promised myself that when I get back from vacation I am going to get down and dirty! :heh: I am bringing the treadmill out into the living room and I am not going near a bag of Doritos. Scouts Honor!!

I'll post a few pics later, 20lbs makes a difference on my face so most people can tell. I have made it my ultimate goal to be at 150lbs by July 2007....more on that later...the bell rang...time to go teach!!

Hi Fellow April Bandsters,

It looks like everyone is doing great, congratulations!

I had my first fill in June and finally started losing about 2 pounds a week. Then it stopped because I was hungry again. So, I went in for another fill and it was a big no go. My port has flipped. So, I have to go in for port revision surgery next week. I couldn't do it right away because I work for a non-profit and we were putting on a major fundraising event and I just couldn't take the time off. But, that is done now and I am anxious to have my surgery so I can get back on track.

It is good reading the updates and seeing how everyone is doing.

Glad to see you around, haven't heard from you in a while, did you do anything exciting for your vacation? Ooooh do write and let us know what people say when you go back! Surely someone will say something.......!!!!

This thread will give you an update on my school year.

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=273121#post273121

Vacation was great! My mom, sis, and oldest nephew came over and we went to Six Flags. I rode the roller coasters for the first time in several years. :clap2:

We went shopping at IKEA (lot's of fun) and watched lots of movies.

That's the highlights. The rest has been spent doing grad school work, watching movies, and hanging out.

Glad to hear you can get to your Dr. quickly. Hopefully you'll get things straightened out soon. If my stress level doesn't go down, I might have to get a bit of an unfill. I'm going to try relaxation techniques and other things first. food doesn't even look appealing right now.

Hi Fellow April Bandsters,

It looks like everyone is doing great, congratulations!

I had my first fill in June and finally started losing about 2 pounds a week. Then it stopped because I was hungry again. So, I went in for another fill and it was a big no go. My port has flipped. So, I have to go in for port revision surgery next week. I couldn't do it right away because I work for a non-profit and we were putting on a major fundraising event and I just couldn't take the time off. But, that is done now and I am anxious to have my surgery so I can get back on track.

It is good reading the updates and seeing how everyone is doing.

Sorry to hear about the port problem Susan!!! Try not to let it get you down too much (I know, easier said than done). Good luck next week...us April Bandits will be thinking of you and sending you well wishes!

Wow Susan, sorry about your port, that really sucks! We will be thinking about you!

picardy3, i use to love six flags, thats great!

I really haven't lost much since the inital loss after surgery, so im going to try to be good until i get my next fill, but its hard when your on vacation so i will have to be extra careful when im in the US next month. But I'm going to stock up on crystal light and Protein Shakes.< /strong>

Yesterday was such a bad day that I forgot to mention all of the comments I've been getting at work:

Wow!

You look great!

You have a waist!

I can see your figure!

I can really tell you're working hard!

Looking good!

Keep it up!

Between my new boss being a PITA and the great comments, things are definitely strange in the emotion department.