Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am three months out of surgery as of yesterday. I was telling my friend at the gym last night that i just thought i would have lost more weight by now but i have not. I really dont know what to expect. I know the weight didnt go on overnight so i know its not coming off overnight either. Since the day of surgery to today I have lost 34 pounds. When i say it, it doesnt seem like alot. But if you think about it, its about 11 pounds a month, 2.5 or so pounds a week, which is healthy. I look at other forums and see people losing more weight quicker, but i realize everyone is different and i know the heavier you are the faster it will drop. Im down 2 pant sizes and over 50lbs lost from my heaviest weight. I think i just need words of encouragment... I dont know what the normal amount of loss is. I know they say you should be at goal by 1 year but i dont see that happening... Also i cant get the Protein Drinks to go down. It just grosses me out. I need tips... I dont want my hair to fall out... HELP !!

You are where I was at 3 months out. You are right on track! Relax the weight will come off :-)

Just hang in there. You are doing great! As long as you are losing then you are a success in my opinion. I think it is better to lose it a little slower so that you do not have as much saggy skin.

I am 9 weeks post op and since my surgery I am down 30.8 lbs. I average about 2 lbs a week. I have been pretty stringent with my diet and everyone does lose at a different pace. I eat a lot of Protein and I do exercise (sounds like you do too) and I try to stay hydrated. I also take a hair, skin and nails supplement. So far I have not lost any hair. Quite frankly I do not have any to lose!

Just be patient with yourself. Like you said it didn't come on overnight so it's not going to leave overnight either ;) Just think of where you were before the surgery and allow yourself the victory of having lost 34 lbs! WOOHOO!

Hi Apebrown, I am only 5 weeks out and understand where you are coming from. I read on her how ppl are on two weeks out and 4 weeks out and have lost more weight than I have. I know in the very beginning it was very hard for me to get my Protein in and I know the more Protein in the more weight falls off. So for the last two days I am determined to get more protine in through shakes.

I used a low calorie orange juice 1gm protien

1 scoop of vanilla whey Protein powder 20gm protein

1 scoop of unflavored whey Protein Powder 21gm protein

1/2 of cup of plain greek yougart 7.5 gm protein

then I just incorporated other forms of protein in throughout the day.

Today:

1 vanilla Atkins drink 15 gms protein

1 scoop of vanilla protein powder 20 gms protein

1 scoop of unflavored protein powder 21 gms protein

1/2 cup of greek yougart 7.5 gms of protein

oh yeah I also added 5oz of Water to this one, if not it is going to be real sweet.

I have to do something here to feel like I am making some sort of progress here. I hope this helps you a little.

i am 2 and a little months out and i am fluctuating inbetween 35 and 38 lbs lost. i use visalus shakes and make them with orange juice and frozen fruit because i too hate the taste of Protein Shakes. i was feeling the same way you are. but this forum really helps your not the only one and also as long as the inches are coming off dont worry about the number on the scale. i have a friend who seen me two weeks ago and noticed the difference when she saw me today and i have only lost 2 or 3 lbs since then. so you cant go by the lbs as much as the inches. keep up the good work

I have learned the hard way not to compare myself to others. Whenever I have done this I get depressed and actually do worse. It really affects me mentally, psychologically, emotionally. The one thing I check is if I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. If you know that you are following the plan then that is all you need to know. I think we sometimes need to stare straight ahead and not look left or right at what others are doing . As long as you know you are doing what you should be doing then don't worry about it. My motto is as long as the scale is going down then that's fine with me!!! You should be proud of yourself b/c you're doing great!! You even said you are going to the gym. Well YEE HAW for you!!! I mean you are really kicking butt. So don't fret!