Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I'm about to be 4 weeks and I'm on solid food. I need help with some easy healthy things to eat at this stage an beyond I've never been a cook so I'm a little stumped at this stage now. If I do cook its not healthy stuff. What things does every body eat once your past the first month.

I love baked boneless, skinless chicken breast. Or I cook them in the crock pot, so they are nice & tender. Cut up into SMALL bite size pieces. A pork loin in the crock pot is great too. Turkey is good, tuna salad with FF or low-fat mayo, egg salad, salmon loaf. All pretty easy to make too.

At 4 weeks out I was mostly eating soft foods like yogurt, chicken, pudding, white fish, carnitas, Soups, meat ball sandwhich w/o the bread

Just go at it slowly. It took me a long time to learn to eat solids. I had to stick with Protein drinks and mushies for awhile while introducing solids slowly. You'll want moister meats. Cooking in a crock pot is good cause things are moist and tender.

There should be some recipes in the food forum also.

Yes def stick with the moist when it comes to trying out meats. Just introduce things slowly. I'm almost 5 weeks out and I am still mainly on Protein Shakes and Water, when I do eat food, it's cottage cheese and peaches with a lil unflavored Protein, greek yogurt,sf pudding or Jello, very slow cooked,tender meats in the crockpot or if I need it quicker i use my nuwave oven. I also buy these already cooked,and packaged turkey meats-they are sooo tender and juicy,my sleeve loves it! I also steam and then mash up cauliflower,put a lil "I can't believe it's not butter" in it and it becomes mashed potatoe substitute. =) Check out this link: http://theworldaccor...e.blogspot.com/ it's her blog page and she has like a million and one yummyyyyyy recipes from Protein Shake recipes,to pizza, to these lil bite size meal thingies that look amazing!!!! They are all sleeve friendly once you can eat anything. I obsessed over this site for hours last night and got alot of cool recipes that I will def be using. Most are low carb-high protein!

Where do you get these? What brand? Thanks for reminding us about Eggface. I love her Breakfast bites. Need to go there for more of her recipes.

I buy them at one of the many local grocery stores I shop at called Cost Less. They are made by Foster Farms so I believe they are sold alot of places. Here's a link. http://www.fosterfarms.com/products/product.asp?productcode=14040

They have different flavors,even pastrami. One 2 oz serving has like 60 calories. 1/2 gram of fat and 13 grams of Protein. Very moist. Wayyy easier than buying a huge turkey and then worrying about cooking it exactly right..lol I fell in love with eggfaces page last night! Cannot wait to experiment this week! My freezer/fridge will probably be packed with leftovers! Hehe

I loved Soups at the stage. It was easy to get down, and fit into the sleeve nicely without irritating it. Split pea Soup was my favorite. Made my tummy feel warm and satisfied. I couldnt do dairy products till I was about 2 months out or they made me sick. I liked pulled pork mixed with some bbq sause. or tuna mixed with some mayo. I didnt really worry about low fat, low calories, as I was barely getting in 500 calories a day back then. I stayed away from anything sweet as it would make me want to throw up. Good luck!