Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Track Your Exercise, Especially Strength Training

I use myfitnesspal.com for food tracking, but when i enter my workout info, it seems to calculate ridiculously high calorie burn numbers. Yesterday I did a 35 minute session on the elliptical. The machine told me around 350 calories, but my fitnesspal is saying something like 600 calories.

In addition, the weight training just seems to much of a pain. Yesterday I did about 15 minutes of upper body and ab strength training and I don't want to type in each machine.

I love this app for food tracking, not crazy about it for exercise, just wondering what is working for the rest of you - especially the strength training.

I use myfitnesspal.com for food tracking, but when i enter my workout info, it seems to calculate ridiculously high calorie burn numbers. Yesterday I did a 35 minute session on the elliptical. The machine told me around 350 calories, but my fitnesspal is saying something like 600 calories.

In addition, the weight training just seems to much of a pain. Yesterday I did about 15 minutes of upper body and ab strength training and I don't want to type in each machine.

I love this app for food tracking, not crazy about it for exercise, just wondering what is working for the rest of you - especially the strength training.

I been confused about this too to enter my strength routine as well. I saw that you can enter them if you to "browse all" and you will each one like for example "leg curls" etc

Yesterday I did a 35 minute session on the elliptical. The machine told me around 350 calories, but my fitnesspal is saying something like 600 calories.

Does your machine take into account how much you weigh when it tells you 350 calories?

The gym I go to (Anytime Fitness) the machines all have a place to put in your weight, they are all computerized. I use myfitnesspal.com also and it seems to track my fitness weight training and cardio just fine. I also use jfit on my droid phone.

When i didnt put my weight and height and age into elliptical it is way off from my fitness pal, but when i put all that info into the machine its about even. The heavier you are, the higher you get your heart rate you burn more calories. so try to check your heart rate as well while working out. Most machines have the heart rate moniter. I bought a timex heart rate moniter and it is awesome! counts calories, heart rate, and fairly affordable. working wonderfully. Then i just enter calories burned into my fitness pal.

I put my weight and age and I do check the heart rate often. I stay in the cardio zone.

I have the same frustration. Was looking forward to keeping all my records in one place with myfitnesspal.com. It is great for the food, weight and cardio, but I am finding that it is very limited in the strength training area. I do a triceps pull-down and the low-row which are not in their database. I have resorted to keeping a little notebook with me. Was trying to avoid having to do that!.

Check with your surgeon regarding your specific situation, but the general rule is that you can start walking the day after surgery (progressively walking further and further), and start strenuous exercise around the 5-6 week mark.

Best of luck!