Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Anniversary....celebrating With Abdominoplasty!

:D One Year Sleeve Anniversary!!!!! Hooooray!!!! :D

Had my sleeve done one year ago Feb. 25th 2011. Feeling great and 136lbs down at my last weigh in a week ago.

And yes,I am celebrating with Abdominoplasty this year on Feb. 29th! And yes, I am very excited and very,very,happy to be here!

It's sorta surreal being here today,a year later, and facing this next procedure. I will admidt that this one is an exciting deal though.

Yeah, it's a big deal getting this much done to a body but Wow! the outcome is gonna be sooooo worth it!

With all I am reading and hearing from my docs, this is gonna hurt like nothing I have had before.And ya would think the three c-sections would have counted more;but I hear this one is much tougher.I'm ready though. ;)

Doc said...

"Your gonna love me for what I am going to do for yo but you are going to hate me for how much pain your going to be in."

So yeah, now I'm getting ready for it.

Getting the house done,gathering all my hospital gear,preparing the Family,on my pre-surgery diet and healing therapies and so on....One week till Surgery....Bring It On! :ph34r:

I would love to hear from anyone that has gone through this type of procedure.I am very interested in what others did to help with recovery and any tips or tricks anyone might know about this particular surgery and what I might expect afterwards.Especially if you had a sizable pannus.( I was 376lbs before my sleeve. )

Looking forward to reading your replies..Thanks for sharing. :)

Judging from your ticker you originally had 225# to lose. They are doing your surgery after only losing 136#? I thought you had to lose all your weight and then maintain it for 6 months to a year before they would do surgery?

I have worried about that because I need to lose about 250#-275# and my stomach was already past my privates. I have worried about what if it goes to my knees before I finish!!!

Is your insurance paying for this? Will you have to have it done again if you lose 90 more pounds?

Are they doing muscle tightening at the same time? I have heard most insurances won't pay for that part.

I have never had anything but laproscopic surgery (WLS and a Hysterectomy) so how can I prepare for this.

Please make sure you post after so we can know what to look forward to.

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss this year and I hope your surgery is all that you hope for! :) Best of luck!

Hi DebiC!

Yes,I had an original weight goal of 150lbs and if I reach that I will be very happy I am sure. But after the sleeve surgery I am more focased on how I look and feel in my clothes.And this procedure is going to help me with that.

I will be having a fleur de lis Abdominalplasty with a full torso, corset- type muscle tightening and hernia repairs.

There are alot of different insurances that require different criteria for them to cover this type of procedure.

My hernias, along with the weight loss (1oolbs stable 6mos post-surgery was my particular insurances criteria) as well as having my primary caregivers and Bari surgeon's written approval and recomendations were ALL required before I was approved.

I was told that I more than fit all the criteria and all the Docs involved in it say that they expect a good result.

Yes,chances are that I may need a nip and tuck here and there later,but for now, I have to get this pannus off! Like You, it is beyond my privates and is now causing more problems for me than I am able to keep ahead of.

I am already disabled with a very serious back and this is just not helping.I got out of my wheelchair and I am NOT going back!

My surgeon is all for using this as a tool to keep me mobile and on a good path to full recovery.I have to say that I am so ready for this right now and with good compression and support undergarments for continued binding therapy, they expect that I will be able to keep it all realitivly tight even with another substantial weight drop.And if not,my thighs and arms will have to be done anyway.....

.....so here's to hoping that the work can all get done somehow! Hahaha!

Thanks Cristin!

I appreciate your kind words.

I will for sure get back here and let everyone know (and maybe even see...thinking about actually posting pics after this one! ) how I'm doing as I get on.

Besides,I hear I'm gonna have some serious down time what with all the pain coming with this procedure...Figure I won't be able to do much else but try and relax,read,breath and heal for the first little bit so yeah, I guess the old computer will be in there somewhere!

That's so cool! I look forward to that day I can do that and lift my breasts that will be all but pancakes after I lose this weight.

Im only ten days po and it's but hell, so to ear me say I'd go under the knife is odd but these are the final stages of getting rid of my weight. I already have a hanging stomach somewhat and after I lose I can only imagine what that will be then.

I'm wishing u the best and even if you don't post pics, take them for yourself!! Then when u feel the pain u can look and say, the pain of seeing that (before) everyday was a daily pain and this is temporary!!!

Congrats to you! I think you will feel much better without the hanging skin issues you currently face and will be on the road to a faster, more mobile you in the process. That has got to be very exciting!

Congrats on your sleeve anniversary!! How exciting that you get to have this done, I am sure it will make so much of a difference on how you feel and how clothes fit. I am so concerned about my issues too, and I hope I can have it done as well. Please keep us updated!

:)