Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Anyone Experience This?

I had my sleeve on 4th jan 2012 was not easy but it's really worthed....I lost 17 kg up to now. Went from 98 to 81kg....

One week ago I felt really sick fever, shivering. I was unable to put anything in my mouth ....doctor told me its viral. took paracetamol and bruffen.

After that now o e week I can't eat nothing...I drink juice ,water and that's it. If I put anything I will throw it up I feel that food can't go down anymore...tomorrow. My appointment is next week ...

Please If you had this before, share with me...I have no idea what's going on

Also I have this spasms like contraction in my stomach every now and then

Call your doctor!

I second that,,call your doctor!

Thank for your replies... You were right I ended up in emergency room .

I never felt this bad in y life. Like zombie, not eating for 10 days and not drinking even Water I was unable to take.

And the cause I had a whole stomach infection, abscess as big as 3cm , and a leak and with all this I had NO PAIN the doctors were wow. But really I didn't feel pain that's why I was not concerned about leaking bcoz they say the first symptom is stomachache .

Anyway I'm under heavy antibiotics, they sucked out the pus,nothing by mouth for one week. I'm feeling a lot better but scared for what might come next.

I'm praying god that this will the end of the suffering.

Oh my goodness, Kookia. Bless your heart! Thank God you got some help. I pray for you to make it through this with as little suffering as possible. Please take care and keep us updated.

I am glad that you ended up where people could take care of you. You're in my thoughts, take care of yourself, and keep pressing forward!

Thank you all for your concern.

Yesterdey was my leak surgery, more fear than pain .it went good.next?

The only good thing about all this is that Hospital gown I wore was size small.

:oB) YAY!!! :D enjoy the little (yet momentous to us) things!!

Now 13days in hospital. I still have nothing by mouth I'm on feeding tubes. All wired I feel like frankenstein . It's not fun anymore but I read it's still a long way ahead. I'm so depressed coz I don't what to expect : they say thery are gonna put the stents but I'm still waiting. Will it heal? How long? When are they gonna remove the drains? All these questions with no answers. It sucks when you feel you have no control. I still have only 8kg to lose to reach my target weight I have lost 20 kg so far ...please those of you out there who had a leak, tell me how did you do?

Omg praying for a speedy recovery for you!!!

Oh my what a trial you have been through. I am saying a prayer for you right now. Just a quick question...doesnt your doctor come by atleast 1 time a day. Ask him/her all your questions and keep asking until they have an answer. I have learned that if the medical staff treating you cant answer a question now ask them when they will be able to tell me...like can I get the drains out...they may say not until you are no longer draining Fluid. Or how long does the average patient with a leak stay in the hospital? For now try not to be down. It isnt like you did anything wrong you just need to let your self heal.

I am so glad you went to the ER when you did and I am so sorry to read you have a leak. It is surprising you had no symptoms especially since you were so far out. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you all for your support. It's uplifting you have no idea

Yep no symptoms can you imagine? , no vomitting at first,no shoulder pain, no abdominal pain, no nothing. I was hsving little discomfort after eating but i said to myself maybe i ate too much.That was the problem and the doctors were like wow I had Only fever and since we had a flu around the house I said maybe I got it...the only indication is that my eating was diminishing little by little until I couldn't eat anymore and I started vomiting.

I did another GI no leak apparent but the doctor told me to be in the safe side we gotta put the stent. And I'm waiting because it's not available it's coming from US.

I have a release now in the evening to go see my children. I'm doing fine over all. Yesterday I went shopping I stayed out for 5 hours and it went fine. Let's take it day by day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches