Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Cow My Loss Has Really Sloooooowed!

I usually don't complain about being slow. I know I didn't gain this weight in 6 months and I didn't expect to come off that fast either. But the last 2 months have become excruciatingly slow. I'm hovering right above 200 and want so much to get below that. I've lost 4 lbs. in Jan. and so far 3 in Feb. Come on! My calories are under 1,000, carbs under 50 and I've started the couch to 5K program so I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to.

I don't want to starve myself to get below 200 because I'm afraid to go back over it once I'm under it. I DON'T want to do that! When I'm there it has to be real and for good.

Anyone else struggling to get under that milestone? I thought I would be there by now. But I'm still stuck at 202 for the last week. Sheeesh!

Right there with you ...I have bounced back between 203-200 and cant seem to get underneath the 200 mark,,,plus I dont think my scale at home is accurate anymore so Im not sure what I really way....Its very frustrating.......I am at the 8 month mark and it really slows ...........good luck and hope you get under soon :) Keep up the good work

I like this quote from MyFitnessPal.com: "Taking your measurements can be an even better gauge of your progress because when you burn fat and build heavier muscle, your weight may not change or even increase even though your body is tighter and smaller. We suggest taking your measurements every 2-4 weeks."

That's what frustrates me about the weight-only focus of the show Biggest Loser. These people are busting their butts, but sometimes only showing a small loss, or even a gain. Then they get treated like total failures, even though so many other positive things may be going on with their bodies.

That under 200 mark will be exciting! I can't wait til I get there!

Try for 2 or 3 days bumping your calories up by 500 . Plus are you getting your Water in? Sometimes your body gets complacent and needs to be shaken up.

I'm getting frustrated too. The past two weeks I've lost only 2 pounds a week. I used to lose more than that on standard-issue diets like LA Weight Loss and Weight Watchers. I really expected a faster weight loss seeing's how I cut out most of my stomach.

I have done the same thing. It took forever to get out of the 200's, then the same thing with the 190's, and then with the 180's, etc and now I'm the same way with the 160's bouncing from 165 to 167 for the last 2 months. I don't know what it is but it certainly is frustrating. I guess I'm gonna have to break down and do some exercise. lol

I'm getting frustrated too. The past two weeks I've lost only 2 pounds a week. I used to lose more than that on standard-issue diets like LA Weight Loss and Weight Watchers. I really expected a faster weight loss seeing's how I cut out most of my stomach.

Th ebig difference between this method, and those is... statistically, you can keep the weight off with the sleeve. I don't care how fast I lose it... as long as I lose it... then keep it off! Keep up the good work people.

I agree with the Biggest Loser complaint. It's not right not to take in account the muscle building. I do notice my clothes fitting looser even though I haven't taken measurements in months.

Shamrock you may be on to something. I haven't been getting in my Water like I should. Work has been crazy so I don't get up and fill my Water cup as often as I should. I will force-feed myself water over the next few days and maybe add a few calories and see what happens. Thanks!

Exoticheart: We'll be there soon, wait and see!

OceanOphelia: How long ago was your surgery? I know those weeks are frustrating when you only lose a pound or 2 but in the long run it will really add up!

Our bodies are amazing they change with every passing day after VSG. We just need to give them time to adjust to all the changes. The weight will and does come off.

You stated that you went from couch to 5k, so you could be building muscel which weights more than fat. You lowered your calories but if exercising you need more for the body to burn it. You could be retaining fluids as well. There are so many reasons that you are not losing weight but I bet you are toning and losing inches. If your not measuring yourself maybe you could start. This is a much better way to gauge what is going on with your body.

I am only 10 weeks out and have had a few set backs even to the point of gaining 2 pounds early on, I started measuring, increased the calories (900-1100) and drink a lot more Water (8-10oz), I don't just go by weight anymore either. Making me a much happier person during the no weight loss times.

Keep up what you are doing and the weight will and does come off, just give your body time to adjust to all the new things gong on with it.

Before you know it you will be in onederland, Best wishes and happy losing.

I have had a very slow time at loosing weight since december. I eat around 800 to 900 calories a day and yet nothing. I haven't been the greatest at drinking Water though. Today I will increase my Water intake and basically focus on fluids. I do try to keep my diet low carb as much as possible. I do need to get back to exercising more. All in all, I will take any oz I can get.

The weight will come off, we just need to be patient with our bodies. Feed it healthy, Protein, veggies, etc. ;)

My calories are under 1,000, carbs under 50 and I've started the couch to 5K program

I don't want to starve

I think you are without realizing it. I'm no expert but drinking more Water and increasing your calories with healthy foods will probably get you the results you want.

It's hard knowing how many calories to increase when exercising vigorously. Perhaps LilMissDiva and others can help you with that balance. Good luck and please update us.

I usually don't complain about being slow. I know I didn't gain this weight in 6 months and I didn't expect to come off that fast either. But the last 2 months have become excruciatingly slow. I'm hovering right above 200 and want so much to get below that. I've lost 4 lbs. in Jan. and so far 3 in Feb. Come on! My calories are under 1,000, carbs under 50 and I've started the couch to 5K program so I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to.

I don't want to starve myself to get below 200 because I'm afraid to go back over it once I'm under it. I DON'T want to do that! When I'm there it has to be real and for good.

Anyone else struggling to get under that milestone? I thought I would be there by now. But I'm still stuck at 202 for the last week. Sheeesh!

I've posted this before, I've had stalls as long as 4 weeks. I've lost 80 lbs so far. My body tends to stall then lose in successive drops! It's frustrating when the stalls happen ... but we do move through. I just keep plugging away and work on not getting discouraged. As Feedyoureye mentioned above, the advantage here is that the sleeve can help us maintain the loss for good! I hope you're feeling strong and healthy. It's awesome you are doing the 5K program!!! Congrats!!!

I also had my surgery in June 2011. I am losing slowly too, but 2 pounds a week is great - I think. I am finally under 200 and looking towards the 180's. As long as I lose I am happy. I lost 2 pounds this week. I think doing things differently, shaking things up, works. Sometimes I eat a lot and sometimes I eat a little. I don't force myself to eat and really only eat when I am hungry. I stop eating when I am full. I DO NOT DRINK anything with calories 90% of the time. So sometimes I will have a sugar drink or coffee and sugar, but it isn't often. I actually do not think about it. I just eat, drink, sleep and only weigh in once a week. I was so hungry yesterday and felt that I just kept eating so I ate. I didn't tell myself no...Maybe my body needed some food. I just don't want to care anymore. The weight is gone and now I just want to care about my fitness and my body. I want to actually try to get my body in good shape before I think about plastics. So that really needs to be my focus now. I have lost my BUTT completely so I really need to work on that :) shake things up. Go dancing. Just do something different...But I do think 2 pounds a week is GREAT. I am 193 today! If I lost 2 pounds a week until my year anniversary I would weigh 161. My goal is 160 which is agressive I think. I would be happy at 180. I do need to get to 180 so I can fit into clothes at any store. I am not there yet. Even 180 might be a stretch for any store. I tried 14 jeans on at express and they did not fit AT ALL. But then I try other 14's on and they fit. I hate shopping right now still. 180 and working out should do it.

I am not a believer in the "your body holds onto the calories" because you are starving yourself. That would be impossible if you were eating less than what your body needs. It needs those calories so it uses them - it wouldn't store something it needs. It would just stop using the energy for less important things...like Hair growth. Why would you put the milk away if you needed it for your Cereal? If you are stalling it is because your calories are equaling the amount of energy needed on a daily basis so there is no need for your body to use your fat. You are not starving...Your body has adjusted and slowed your metabolism down. Shaking things up makes your body confused...you have to keep that burn going. I believe in order to do this you should do small workouts throughout the day and one big workout and up your calories for a couple of days and then cut them back off. Eat carbs and then don't eat carbs. Work out normal and then work out harder. Change it up. So take like 3 days...EAT MORE and WORK OUT MORE. Get your body to say ok food is coming so I need to use that and the fat stores. THEN cut yourself off from the extra calories and work out. You will lose alot. Then just relax for a few days and then do it again. I am not a doctor or fitness expert. I am not currently doing any excersize, but back when I got down to 180 in 2003 this is what I did.