Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Between an old-school appendectomy, two C-sections, an open hysterectomy, and many years of porkiness, I've always had a significant "apron." I've lost quite a bit of it, but here's my question. When I turn the wrong way, I get a sharp twinge on the right side of scar. Could I be herniating? I don't see the doc again until March 15th. Also, if I am herniating, how much of a chance do you think that I might have of convincing Kaiser to do a Tummy Tuck?

Most likely you have adhesions.

Rats!

Kaiser would gladly give you a Tummy Tuck for a fee......LOL ;)

Dorrie, is that really true? Do you know how much?

Bionic Broad: Yes they will for a fee. I inquired and was told yes. I'm thinking that it would be cheaper than out side place. If you find out, will you let me know, I want to do something with my raisin of a tummy .....LOL I'm only 4 months out. ;)

Kaiser may do it for free or a small fee. One of my co-worker just had it done thru kasier. If the excess skin is causing rashes or any other skin problems and you maintain your weight loss for 1yr or longer they'll cover it, and may depends on what type of coverage you have...good luck!

I have Anthem BCBS and they will pay for a Tummy Tuck if: you are 18 months out of surgery and get rashes. They must be photo documented though, so I started taking pics as soon as my VSG was submitted. I didn't want to fight over it like I had to this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches