Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow Is 1St Day Back @ Work!?!?

Feeling nervous for my 1st day back @ work tomorrow. I'm still struggling with eating, so I'm taking a "lunch" with enuf items for the week- but am planning on doing my Protein Shake around lunchtime (which is what I did pre-surgery) & having meal # 2 when i get home around 3. very very few people know about my surgery-I went with the gallbladder cover. & everyone knows I workout alot ( I'm even

planning on changing @ work for the gym)

I've put some thought even into what I'm wearing tomorrow- I don't want to accentuate that I've lost weight (soooo weird to say that) but I just don't want to deal with nosy people. Ive always been ultra sensitive about my weight & this has been emotional, especially dealing with complications. I'm looking forward to beginning counseling to get a handle on the mental battles. But just had to vent about my pre-work jitters! (not to mention, it's that time of the month-lol) wish me luck!!!

I go back to work Wed but not happy about it. I don't like my job right now. Physically I'm ready but like you I told people I was having a benign tumor removed. I want to be private. I have lost 2 inches on waist hips and thighs but only about 13 lbs. so not too noticeable yet!

How many days did you take of from work so I know aswell

This is so funny... I did the same gallbladder story! People are now getting noisy because I have lost a noticeable amount of weight and my eating habits. I started going to the gym with a few co-workers and have been working my ass off to show them Im working out hard! I dont know why, I dont want people to know?!?!? I guess because I hate people in my business.

Best of luck to you, it will be fine cause you are strong! You can do it!

I took two and a half weeks off after surgery. I was still tired for the first couple days back, but you'll get back into the swing of it. I went with the hernia repair, but everyone pretty much knows I had some sort of weight loss surgery too...although the really funny thing is that no one has said anything about it to me...except once when we all went out for lunch. I told only a few people, but knowing a couple of them, I'm sure they either told others or alluded to it. I get a kick out of people's behaviors, so this is an interested little study right now. Its obvious I've lost weight and normally people would totally point it out....but now that no one is sure how to address. lol....its still a loss people!! Something to celebrate!

I hope your first day back went well! And congrats on your newish sleeve and great weightloss. I told everyone, as we are a very close group, what I was doing. I took a month of because of complications that arose. Im more worried people are going to expect me to be 100 pounds lighter when I walk in :lol:

Best wishes to you :)

I go back to work Wed but not happy about it. I don't like my job right now. Physically I'm ready but like you I told people I was having a benign tumor removed. I want to be private. I have lost 2 inches on waist hips and thighs but only about 13 lbs. so not too noticeable yet!

I had to go back to work last week, like you I was physically ready but don't care for my job either right now so I was not looking forward to it. The thing though that I have discovered was even though I didn't tell any of my co-workers that I was having the surgery (I was just going on vacation) That when I got back I really didn't care who knew. I guess once it was done it took all the pressure off of having to explain my reasons for having it in the first place.