Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May Sleevers Yet?

I had surgery at Tucson Medical Center on Monday. I didn't ask how long I was out after surgery. But it seemed like whatever narcotic they gave me in the recovery room did not work. As soon as I got to my regular room I was given PCA Morphine and was able to walk around right after that. My pain was much better after that. After a one night stay in the hospital i came home yesterday with a script for Vicodin. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. It was a lot tougher than I expected, but I know it will be worth it. I hope this makes sense. I just took another round of happy pills.< /p>

I had surgery at Tucson Medical Center on Monday. I didn't ask how long I was out after surgery. But it seemed like whatever narcotic they gave me in the recovery room did not work. As soon as I got to my regular room I was given PCA Morphine and was able to walk around right after that. My pain was much better after that. After a one night stay in the hospital i came home yesterday with a script for Vicodin. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. It was a lot tougher than I expected, but I know it will be worth it. I hope this makes sense. I just took another round of happy pills.< /p>

Glad to hear you are home it is so much nicer to be home than at the hospital. Be careful and enjoy the start of your new life :)

That's kind of how I expect it to be - tough but worth it. I've never had any sort of surgery except wisdom teeth extraction with twilight anesthesia, so I'm a bit nervous about that, but I'm trying not to be too anxious. I'm glad you're home and on happy pills! :)

Hey everyone! I know its been a few days....not feeling 100% at all. Stayed 2 days, had a fever, and very low bp. Pain is very manageable. I had dilauded for 3 days. I now feel like i have the DT'S! LOL. My head is soooo foggy still. Everything i put into my sleeve, it cramps like crazy!! Just one more note for those of you who had to find out the hard way like I did...if you have to "toot", make sure you are on-the-toilet!!

Hey everyone! I know its been a few days....not feeling 100% at all. Stayed 2 days, had a fever, and very low bp. Pain is very manageable. I had dilauded for 3 days. I now feel like i have the DT'S! LOL. My head is soooo foggy still. Everything i put into my sleeve, it cramps like crazy!! Just one more note for those of you who had to find out the hard way like I did...if you have to "toot", make sure you are on-the-toilet!!

Good to hear from you! What have the doctors advised on the sleeve cramping? My general thought would be to try lukewarm or roomtemp stuff.

I've tried everything. The last thing I did try for lunch was the My bariatric.com choc. pudding. I'm going to wait until monday to call. It's rather annoying...Took my effexor and went for a walk with my daughter this afternoon! So, feeling better!

Took my effexor and went for a walk with my daughter this afternoon! So, feeling better!

Waiting for Monday sounds good, maybe things'll smooth out on their own. Are you taking the Effexor XR? My doc said I could pour the capsules out into my mouth or into a small amount of shake or something, but I'm not entirely sure how to make that work right.

Yes LOL!! I found that out this morning after I opened it!!! ooops, it's time released!! So funny! Thanks for your help!!

I am Judy and my husband is Mike. He is having the sleeve on May 31st. He does not enjoy forums of any kind and I am a forum junkie and so happy to find this site! His doctor is Dr Alanis in Houston, Texas. Again, I am so happy to have found you all! Best wishes to all of you!

Hours away' date=' got my call to be at the Hospital to check in at 5am... WOW its finally here, its been a long road to get here, and I gotta give praise where its due... God is good all the time, and all the time God is good... He has been so faithful to complete this work in me, I am feeling overwhelmed by the blessings and just so incredibly grateful, Good luck and best wishes to all May sleevers and a special hug to those going tomorrow as well <3[/quote']

Hi Jenny, how is it going? I get my sleeve on May 15th.....I also thank God and feel so blessed and grateful for this amazing opportunity hoping to hear from you and your wonderful journey. Keep the faith !,,, Buffy.

Hi Jenny, how is it going? I get my sleeve on May 15th.....I also thank God and feel so blessed and grateful for this amazing opportunity hoping to hear from you and your wonderful journey. Keep the faith !,,, Buffy.

Hi Buffy,

thank you for writing, doing beautifully I am 10 days out from the surgery and went in today for my first follow-up appt & had my staples removed, have lost 14 pounds since surgery, and he advanced me to pureed diet so YAY! finally some other food items to work with, keeping busy walking as tolerated and getting all my fluids and Vitamins in, and happy he said its okay to be starting back to the pool in about 10-11 days, God has been faithful in His word, trust in Him, He completes what He starts if we believe, and as corny as it sounds the last things I said to my brother as they took me in was "God's got this, it's gonna be ok, He's got this" and HE was totally there for me, no nausea, tolerable pain, up same day walking, home the next day, I have no doubts who holds my hand and He will hold yours too on the 15th, Heb 13:6 So we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper and I shall not fear what man will do unto me... I will keep you in prayer. :)