Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May Sleevers Yet?

This is the last video she made

She must be having her surgery now!

thanks janneth.. i'm just now seeing this...lol... i made another video will be uploading here shortly before i leave..

On another note. gals.. two must have items.. well it will make your life easier anyways.. bring chapstick and silky pajamas.. that way you can move in bed much easier!!! Good luck to everyone who is getting ready to go.. i'm leaving today.. love the lucerna but i can't wait to be in my own home and my own neighborhood... :-)

Thanks holly! I had the chapstick, will go see if I can find some used silk pj because I cannot imagine buying new ones that will be too big fast! I bet they are comfy on the wounds too!

DONE. Thank you all for the well wishes. It was really bad for the first two hours post surgery. But now I'm feeling good. They fixed a large hiatal Hernia and found a bunch of cysts on my spleen. Cysts were benign.

Just had to share this! My best buds got me out of the house today, we went to see The Avengers - IT'S A MUST SEE!!! But one of my friends traveled from out of town and was just blown away from the amount of weight I lost exercising prior to surgery. I started in October and kept it up until the day before surgery. Of course I couldn't see the difference, so they snapped a photo of me today and compared it to another photo of me....I still can't believe what I see...I lost 30lbs...Im just speechless...

post-19418-13813658738156_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using VST

WOOT WOOT!! you look fantastic !! way to go!

DONE. Thank you all for the well wishes. It was really bad for the first two hours post surgery. But now I'm feeling good. They fixed a large hiatal Hernia and found a bunch of cysts on my spleen. Cysts were benign.

I also had a hernia which was repaired, hope your feeling better, hang in there and its wonderful news that the cysts were no cause for concern, will keep you in prayer :)

Thanks for responding. I did try cutting into 4's this a.m. and was able to get it down. Worked much better than crushed!

So glad to hear that worked for you as well :) great news!!

May 22 woot woot

May 22 woot woot

Congrats!! :)

Glad to hear you are doing good I had a hiatal hernia repair too. Glad the cyst were benign. I am 4 out and feeling terrific today I did a lot of running around and went to the gym for a walk on the treadmill. :)

Thanks for letting us know make sure you get up and walk around. I could not do this until the day after probably why I was sore.

WOOT WOOT!! you look fantastic !! way to go!

Thank you!

there are too many threads i'm subscribed to lol.. anyhow here is the latest video i made .. i have video and pictures of my experience.... good luck to everyone going this week.. wishing you a smooth and safe recovery!!!

One week post op and down 12.7lbs!! I feel great!! Below I'm sharing actual footage the day of surgery!

Sent from my iPad using VST

So, I had all my pre-surgical testing today, and apparently I have an abnormal EKG and gallstones. After briefly panicking and then doing some research, both of those seem pretty common. My primary care doctor will look at the EKG tomorrow and either consult with a cardiologist and clear me for surgery, or have me go in for something else. I'll talk to the surgeon about the gall bladder, but I think I'm going to choose to keep it in for now and only deal with it if I actually have problems in the future. Since we're planning a single site surgery and the gall bladder may require a larger incision, I'm just as happy letting it stay in place until (or unless) it becomes a problem.

I went to The Melting Pot for my last meal before going on the 2 week liquid diet, and I managed to put on 7 pounds overnight! It must be mostly Water retention, but golly! I have a Withings scale which automatically sends the weight and body fat calcs to my computer, and decides which subscribed user was weighed by the weights in the system, and I was too far off from any other weights for it to believe it was me - I had to manually assign it to my weight line.

Anyway, that's how things stand with this upcoming May sleever!

Yay for the benign-ness of cysts!

How soon after the surgery did you wake up, and where were you? I realized I haven't seen that mentioned elsewhere. :)

So, I had all my pre-surgical testing today, and apparently I have an abnormal EKG and gallstones. After briefly panicking and then doing some research, both of those seem pretty common. My primary care doctor will look at the EKG tomorrow and either consult with a cardiologist and clear me for surgery, or have me go in for something else. I'll talk to the surgeon about the gall bladder, but I think I'm going to choose to keep it in for now and only deal with it if I actually have problems in the future. Since we're planning a single site surgery and the gall bladder may require a larger incision, I'm just as happy letting it stay in place until (or unless) it becomes a problem.

I went to The Melting Pot for my last meal before going on the 2 week liquid diet, and I managed to put on 7 pounds overnight! It must be mostly Water retention, but golly! I have a Withings scale which automatically sends the weight and body fat calcs to my computer, and decides which subscribed user was weighed by the weights in the system, and I was too far off from any other weights for it to believe it was me - I had to manually assign it to my weight line.

Anyway, that's how things stand with this upcoming May sleever!

The gallbladder only needs about a inch and half incision and would probably come out of one that they ate going make anyhow. it would depend on how many stones and how large they are. The pain from gallstones is pretty painful friends and hubby were rolling on the floor in sever pain. Just a thiught if they think it should come out now then consider it and save yourself another surgery