Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under Went Gastic Sleeve On 2/8/12

Let me start off by saying that I am 30 yrs old, 5' and 210lbs. I had tried everything to lose weight as it has always been a stuggle for me. I have no medical problems as far as high blood pressure, or diabeties, however, I have severe endometriosis, ended up having a hysterectomoy, right collectomy and an apendectomoy all caused by my endometeriosis. I have been informed that all my hormone misfunctions arent helpful to weightloss. So, after trying what seemed to be every diet out there, I was set and my mind was made up to have the sleeve, all the way up to me actually sitting in the operating room waiting for the procedure to start I was confident in my decision, and then all of a sudden I started questioning myself, what if this doesnt help me what if this isnt the right decison and began syking myself out. After being reassured and confident again I went and had my surgery. However, Im questioning myself all over again, what did I just do to myself....I never know if I am hungry or full, I feel my stomach growling and tight all at the same time, I am still so soar and dont feel 100% in my decision, I am not sure if I am just nervious or what is going on. How long afterwards do you feel in a way back to normal? Just need someone to talk to. Thanks in advance for any responses I may get back.

bonnie

Breathe my dear...your thoughts are normal. A lot of people question this. It's gonna take some adjustment getting use to your new way of life. First and foremost, follow your Dr's orders. EVERYONE is different in their recovery. I see that you have been through a lot already, but now you've got a new journey and a new outlook to look forward too! For me, I was back to teaching after 10 days post op. The first week post-op was difficult and painful, but soooo worth it! I'm 5'1 37yrs old and my highest weight was 208 before pre-op diet. 6 weeks out I'm down 38 lbs and feeling great! You're gonna do awesome! Take one day at a time and you'll get there girl! Best of Luck!!!

I'm pretty sure we all have had the same thoughts, fears, concerns that you have had and are having. First of all, like the comment above, BREATHE and follow all of your doctor's orders. Calm your thoughts breathe into your belly and breathe out, over and over. Bring positiveness into your being and thoughts. You need to heal your body first. I'm almost 4 weeks from my surgery date and I'm still not fully healed. I am however so happy to be losing weight and have such a diminished appetite. Trust me, I still love food, but I am going to fuel my body with good nutrients. By getting vsg surgery, it is a life changing action. There is no reversing it so let your new sleeved stomach work for you to assist in making a healthier, fitter, stronger you! It is what we are all striving for. You (we) now have the tool to make that happen.

One Love.

I'm on my 7th day out and I can't tell how every day it gets a little better. This is the first day that I haven't had to hold my stomach every min. that I walk. Like what is written above....just keep breathing!

I had to double check to make sure I wasn't the one that wrote this first post. I was sleeved on the 8th as well and wondering the same thing. I met a friend who had no post op pain, and hardly took the medication. I obviously have a different pain threshold.. I have never been in so much pain, EVER. I have major heartburn, gas pain, middle chest pain, Constipation, blurred vision (from the meds?), My belly is black and blue from the heparin shots, My lungs feel like they can't breath, I have actually developed sleep apnea. I am oh so hungry, but can't eat any thing. I am HOPING this gets better, just hoping.

Just had my sleeve surg. in Dallas, Tx on 2/9/12 and I am feeling goodabout having this. I can't tell if am full or not. Just trying to drink what I can and I have been eating cream Soups, Jello, popsicles and Protein Water. I trying the protein milk drink not good for me at this time. Alot of gas...................... I am trying to hang in there ................. my other friend just had her surg. in mexico today and I called her and she was not feeling . just looking forwRD TO MY NEW LOOK THAT WILL BE COMING DOWN THE ROAD :blush5:

The first week is pretty tough. I was sleeved a week ago and I can't tell you much better I am at this time. Got my drain pulled out today (didn't hurt). I'm wearing real clothes.....not a nightie. Mentally, I'm doing better. Still having a hard time w all the liquids. Everything is just too sweet. My favorite is beef broth. I like the salty taste. You'll get better. You need to walk to get the gas out. I know you don't feel like it, but it works.