Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers!

I'm approved!! Just found out my insurance has approved me!!!

Congrats!!!! Exciting news :)

Okay my friends I went to my NUT appointment today and i lost another pound for a total of 20 pounds since January!!! GO ME!!!! I have one visit left on June 1st before they submit to my insurance.

I have Cigna Open Access Plus, does anyone have this insurance and if so how long did it take for you to get approved!!! Excited!!!

Okay my friends I went to my NUT appointment today and i lost another pound for a total of 20 pounds since January!!! GO ME!!!! I have one visit left on June 1st before they submit to my insurance.

I have Cigna Open Access Plus' date=' does anyone have this insurance and if so how long did it take for you to get approved!!! Excited!!![/quote']

Congrats on the weight loss. Sorry no help on he insurance front.

welcome kk23!!

June 29th - two days after the end of the school year. Count up another teacher!

My insurance hasn't approved it yet, so the date could possibly change. The doctor's office said not to worry about the ins because my BMI is so high, they're not likely to refuse. Isn't that great? :(

I am very grateful for this forum because I really am glad to be able to go through this with others and not be all alone in this process. I am finding it a bit scary. I'm nervous about the changes I'll face in my ability to do something that is otherwise so normal - eat. I also really hope that it works. I don't need to be skinny. To lose 50% of my excess weight would make me exceedingly happy.

So, if all of us teachers get to have the surgery at the end of June, we will have two full months to recover before going back. That is a real blessing! :D

Anyone in New York City?

I've already had the surgery, I'm from New York City, where are you having it done

Tentatively scheduled for Surgery on June 14 in Tidewater, VA Should hear from ins co this week

Hi June Sleevers,

So my date has changed from the 5th to the 12th. June 5th was just too crazy of a week for my family (a lot of end of the year activities for my kiddos).

Looking forward to being on the other side of this surgery!

Take care. :)

I've already had the surgery, I'm from New York City, where are you having it done

Mount Sinai - June 29th. You?

Hi ,

I am scheduled for June 2nd with Dr Aceves in Mexicali is there anyone else having surgery June 2nd ? :)

I am also a teacher - 4th grade! I am scheduled for June 5th!! I bet LOTS of teachers are done in the summer!!!!!

I am at the cardiologist's office. She is my final clearance, although she told me that she was clearing me almost a month ago! Smh! Anyway, now I pray that my insurance company does not say no to VSG b/c of my bmi. They say that it is too low. :'(

Little bits

June the 4th!!!!