Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Should Feel Like A Nsv...

I started to clean out my closet today. I am now wearing a 12 in pants and an XL top. I felt a bit sad to throw away some of the clothes that I liked... I can't figure out why that is... I can't wear them now nor do I want to be a size that would allow me to wear them. I am very happy with my weight loss so far and looking forward to losing much more. Not much left in my closet. Maybe that is why I feel a little down. I think the clothes topic in general is having its way with me at this point. Belly dance teacher brought in pictures of outfits for our peformance. I asked what size they came in and she said she didn't know. The class picked an outfit anyway. It is a one size fits all outfit on ebay. It says the bottoms are up to a 38 hip... mine are bigger. The top fits a small/medium... mine is bigger. Maybe this is a way to weed a fat girl out of the class. I don't really think of myself as fat now...because I have lost 60+lbs. But welll I am still a fat woman.

Khy

Fat? Your wearing a size 12 pants and how is that fat. You will be losing alot more inches and lbs. Yes, I struggle with cleaning out my closet also. I just took everything out of my draws and put them in a big plastic bag to donate. But, my career clothes in the closet is another story. I can't bring myself to put them in bags. I will never wear them again and I will get cuter cloths. Maybe we need a cloths funeral LOL. I will do it later today and be happy about it. ;)

I cant wait to get rid of my clothes... I already I have plan with my girlfriends! They are all going to come over and have a free shopping day! Then SHOPPING, SHOPPING, and more SHOPPING! I wont miss my clothes because I will still see them... LOL Then I can say hey I remember that shirt... hehehe

I have been moving out of a rental house my family owns and into my recently renovated airplane bungalow, and moved the rest of my clothes today. So fun to have a "soft" move for the first time in my life.

I kept most of my "skinny" clothes and it's amazing to look at them, realizing that some are at least 20 years old, and many of them are classic enough that I'll be able to get back into them one of these days. I guess being the perennial dieter, I always thought I could do it myself. But after dozens of efforts, I finally gave up and was happily sleeved Dec. 27.

I put all my clothes that were size 16 and above (up to 2x) in my regular master bedroom closet, and everything size 14 and below that weren't totally out of style in a secondary closet in another room. I think I'll be happy to get rid of everything, even tailored business suits when I'm out of them.

My plan is to give the good stuff to Dress for Success, which helps low-income women who are going on job interviews present themselves in a professional manner. I know they get tons of donations in smaller sizes, so I'm thinking they'll be particularly happy to get some donations in larger sizes. I'll be happy to think about giving a less fortunate woman a leg up, so to speak.

CC

Could you post a link for "dress for success"? I do have some rather nice business suits (both skirt and pants) all around size 20. I would be happy if someone could use them.

khy

Hey there Khy ...

Here's the link. It's an awesome organization. Hope it works for you.

http://www.dressforsuccess.org

CC

Thanks! I will contact the one in my area and see if they want these nice suits.

Khy

Rejoice! I was so happy to get my fat clothes OUT of my wardrobe and closet!!! O HAPPY DAY :)

I can totally relate to you not wanting to get rid of your clothes. I have a yen for designer clothes, and they have been hard to find seeing as how I was squeezing myself into a 16, which you can rarely find in certain designers. I've decided that I'm going to have my favorites taken in -- which I know can be expensive. And everything else I'll give to Dress for Success. I'm also not allowing myself to buy that many new clothes as I progress. Why spend $200 on a dress I'm only be able to wear for two months? Isn't this a GREAT dilemma?!

Have you thought about taking some of your favorite things to a tailor or seamstress to see if they can be made smaller?