Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Cantor - Kaiser Mid-Atlantic

Has anyone had their sleeve done at Holy Cross Hosp. by Dr. Cantor - Kaiser Mid Atlantic? I had my first appointment with him back in October and have been waiting every since for my surgery date. I realize he has a quite lengthy waiting list but I was told 4 months and it's been that long and I don't even have a date yet. How log did it take you to get a surgery date after your first initial meeting with him? I want to see if it's worth it to consider looking into another surgeon with not so long a waiting list. Thanks.

I too had Dr. Cantor and I say him back in June and had surgery Nov 28, yes he does have a waiting list but what you can do is call the surgery scheduler Jeanie and ask her where you are on his list and what I did was called his office and she gave me a date right then and there. Try either of those options. Congratulations and I assure you that you will be very please with Dr. Cantor and his team. Good Luck

Thanks Ann10. I'll try that.

Hi Chell,

I also had Dr. Cantor. I saw him in March 2011 and had my surgery in August 2011. I was shocked when I heard they were saying the wait was 4 months, because when I was going through the process we were told at LEAST a six month wait. When you call Jeanie Ferber, ask her about the list of people who can go at a moment's notice. A lot of times, people will cancel at the last minute and Kathy Coleman (the scheduler) will pull people from the any moment list to fill those spaces.

As an FYI, I heard at a Kaiser support group meeting that Dr. Cantor will not be doing any WLS surgeries in February. You may want to check with Jeanie about the validity of that because, if true, it could push the wait a little longer. Hang in there, though, because it is definately worth the wait!

Thanks guys. I actually can't even get a chance to speak with Jeanie. Everytime I call, I'm being sent to Cathy Coleman and she is clueless and no help at all. I actually asked her about the "ready to go anytime" list and she pretended to have no clue of what I was talking about. I was able to get her to tell me that there were 17 people ahead of me. Ugggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! How am I supposed to wait that long!!!!!! This is killing me. I wanted this over and done with before the summer hit. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though. Kaiser really needs to get some more surgeons on board who can perform this surgery. This is ridiculous. It took over a year just to get approved now I'm looking at another who knows how long just to get it done. Very frustrating. Thanks for all you guys' input though.

Any other upates from Dr. Cantor patients? It's been a couple years since this post started and I know they have a second surgeon on board now....

The kaiser program is a minimum 6 mo. It generally takes closer to a year, start to finish. I started my program in october, surgery in 2 weeks. Dr Cantor wait right now is about 2 months but that can change on a dime. I finished my NUT appts 4/20....didn't see Cantor until 5/29 and in mid-June, was offered the 8/17 surgery date.