Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some of you know how much I'm struggling to do and eat the right food and the right amounts. Having said that I HAVE FAILED. I am horrible. I don't think I'll ever be able to loose all my extra weight. I feel like I can eat too much! why? shouldn't my stomach be smaller than before my vsg?? for Breakfast I can eat a morning start veggie pattie and about an egg. lunch is usually chicken or fish, about 3 oz and some veggies, but then an hour later I'm hungry again!!! I eat some cheese, or carrots, or whatever I see. These last couple of days have been the worst. I had a bite of cake, pizza, rice, a cookie... I CAN'T STOP!! what is wrong with me! I do feel full many times, but I can't fight with the inner me that tells me to keep eating! and I eventually feel sick because I am so full! I am afraid that I will end up stretching my sleeve and everything I've done will be thrown out of the window.

Has anyone out there tried hypnosis?? I've heard that for some people works.... I just don't know what to do anymore. I plan my meals every night and I pack my healthy lunch, but when I get home from work I eat and make up for the whole day!

I'm afraid I won't be a big looser!

I have this a couple days of the month when my hormones are whacked from my period. If this is an everyday issue, there may be an issue. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like your sleeve is doing it's job. I think that alot of us get overweight because of a disorder. It may be worth talking to someone about this. Is there someone you can talk to? Or can your dr/surgeon suggest someone? I wish you all the best!

It sounds like you're planning and doing a good job at work, so fix the issue when you get off work. Plan for that time too, and don't let yourself have anything not on your planned menu for the following day. If you're eating that stuff at home, then get it out of your house!!! If you're hungry due to your monthly cycle then keep things around like string cheese, and ready to drink Protein Shakes and nuts and almonds. the nuts/almonds are good for the crunchy munchies. If you're eating mostly protein/low carbs then your hunger and cravings disappear. I find if I try to allow myself a few crackers or a slice of whole wheat bread for my carbs I am hungrier, so I recommend veggies as your carbs rather than bread, crackers, rice, potatoes. Not to mention that they can cause stalls! And are you on a PPI? What you feel is hunger could very well be acid. I don't keep things in my house that are huge temptations for me, and I try to avoid situations that will put me in temptation. I am always prepared and carry string cheese, nuts, Protein shakes with me every where I go so I am never in a sticky situation. You can do this!!

:)

As a recovering emotional eater, I agree with Fern. I needed the help of a therapist to make peace with food. If that is an option you are open to then I highly encourage it. After eight months of talk therapy I found myself with a better understanding of my relationship with food, my triggers and most importantly I felt confident that I could maintain a healthy relationship with food. While it is still an occasional struggle, I find myself with MANY more good days than bad. I feel for you- it's a difficult path to travel but well worth it in the end.

Amanda

Maria! Don't beat yourself up so bad!! Negative self-talk leads to negative behavior. I agree that talking to someone might help. And, lots of us find that when we eat carb-rich foods, then we crave MORE carb-rich foods. Try getting back to basics. Eat Protein only, no carbs except for green veggies, Water only. (I'm trying to remember the basics of Lil Miss Diva's Boot Camp) Once you get through four or five days this way, your carb cravings should be gone.

As a matter of fact, quite a few of us have committed to starting the Boot Camp as of right about now, Midnight on February 1, 2012. Why don't you join us and let us know what your results are in a few days? Once you get back on the losing bandwagon, it might be much easier to stick to the plan. :)

Good luck!!

Ok, I have to confess. Today, my son made this wonderful high Protein bread called pumpkin banana that I found on the internet. Wow, it was so delicious. It was 125 calories with 15 to 18 grams of Protein. I feel somewhat quilty because I ate it when I wasn't even hungry. I ate more than normal of the chicken I had for lunch, and for dinner I ordered a seafood plate and it was fried with a baked potato. I ate way too much and came on and without thinking ate some slices of pepperoni off a pizza my children made. WTH! Those are old behaviors that I really need to work on. So I am choosing to forgive myself for the mistake that I made and first thing tomorrow is the first day of the basics bootcamp. No more unmindfulness when it comes to food. I also want to eat less, I didn't like that full sensation in my stomach.

So, no more munching on junk food. We can make a decision to eat protein, protein, and more protein, and not in amounts that stuff our stomachs. I am choosing to under eat my sleeve so that I feel more comfortable. This is the choice I make.

Maria: Get rid of all the unhealthy tempting food in your house, start the 5 day basic bootcamp to get rid of the carbohydrate monster in your stomach, and live today for today. Your body is getting healthier every day and you are looking fabulous. Let's do this together. Let us know how your doing on a daily basis for personal accountability to a more healthy life style. ;)

Thank you for all the support. I am trying. Is hard to get rid of a lot of things in my pantry when I have to feed a husband and a 2 1/2 year old daughter! but I don't wanna give up, I wanna be healthy for me and my family.

Maria, I'm going to say this as gently as possible. Your family doesn't need the junk food any more than you need it. If you think it's necessary to keep junk food in the house, then make it something you don't like. However, they will be healthier, and your kids will learn better eating habits if you keep the junk out of the house. Having it there is too much of a temptation for you and will cause you to have problems making your goal.

Saying that you have to have trigger foods in your house because you have them to feed is negative self-talk. I can't keep certain things at home because they WILL cause me to eat junk. Crunchy Cheetos are my nemesis. Do I allow myself to eat them? Yes, on rare occasions, I do. But, I will purchase a small, single serving bag and munch on a few each evening until they are gone. However, my self-discipline related to those cheetos is not good, so I cannot do that on a regular basis. I have committed to avoiding everything except Protein and green veggies for 5 days, then I'll move back to strict sleever rules (64 oz of Water, 70 g of Protein, veggies and whole grains after that) for at least the rest of this month. So, no cheetos for me in February! :)

You are doing great on weight loss right now, 33 pounds in 2 months is terrific! But, it will get harder as you move further out from surgery and the habits you create right now will either help you make it to goal or cause you to stumble as you get further post-op. You didn't have surgery to lose half your weight! :) You want to lose it all so you can be healthier and live longer. The surgeon sleeved your tummy and now it's time to sleeve your head.

Who know, maybe by providing a living example of someone who eats right and exercises daily, you will help your kids avoid obesity and you may even encourage hubby to get healthier. THAT would be a couple of terrific NSV's right there!

Good luck!!