Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there anyone that finds themselves in the bathroom after every thing they put in their mouths? Every time I have a Protein Drink, about 15 mins later, I am "getting rid" of it. I tried my first egg white today and I felt that maybe a half an hour went by and I was in the bathroom. Is this normal? Should I consult my doctor? Anyone? Thanks in advanced!

Sorry I have to ask but are you having issues with expelling your food which way? Are you throwing up or other?

Do your Protein Drinks include milk? If so, you may be lactose intolerant. A milk-based Protein drink is how I discovered my lactose intolerance. eggs are sometimes rough on our tummies, so that could be the culprit there. I'm assuming you are still on mushies. Have you tried refried Beans or something else to see if you get the same reaction?

I am going the other way, not throwing up. I was taking muscle milk which had no lactose but then I found Isopure which is like a juice and it at least gets down which I was having a problem getting it down. But even with the isopure and then the egg white everything doesn't seem to stay in....

I am having the opposite problem... I have not went in over a week maybe longer... amazing how we react so different to this surgery.

This is called "dumping". Dumping syndrome is more common in people with RNY, but from what I understand, people with sleeve can get it too. It might get better with time, it might not. It can be induced by certain foods or your body may just have a new uncomfortable norm. I have had severe dumping syndrome for 13 years from having my gallbladder removed. This is rather common with that surgery. I don't even have to eat to dump; I can just take a couple drinks of Water and have to go. I get directly up from eating and go to the bathroom; sometimes I have to stop after two or three bites and go. It is suppose to take a meal an average of 24 hours to travel from top to bottom in a healthy person. It takes 2-3 hours with me. I have to go as may as 10 times a day. It has always amazed me that I could flush stuff through this fast and still be so heavy :0/

You don't say when you had surgery, but I alternated between diahrea and Constipation for a few weeks after surgery. Sorry for the TMI but a few of those episodes (diahrea) was after I ate eggs for the first few times. As the weeks went by, the episodes got more and more spaced out. It is not completely gone (week 8), but it is not troublesome at all anymore.

I would still call your Doc, just to be safe. Could also be dehydration - which can make you very nauseous. Any time you can't keep food down, call your nurse and just double check. If anything, she can refer you to your NUT who can go over what you're eating and troubleshoot from there.